19 Dec, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
wear meat
19 Dec, 2009, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 2nd comment:
Other: Dallas :biggrin:
19 Dec, 2009, Kline wrote in the 3rd comment:
I am never returning to Texas if it is within my power at all. I still own a rental there, but I'll be damned if I don't do everything via email and fax when I sell it just to avoid that state. Sorry :D
19 Dec, 2009, Runter wrote in the 4th comment:
JohnnyStarr said:
Other: Dallas :biggrin:

Second, but New Orleans works.
19 Dec, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 5th comment:
Voted for San Francisco. But I'd be up for NYC again. :P

Philadelphia? Seriously? Lol.
19 Dec, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 6th comment:
Kayle said:
Voted for San Francisco.

Why am I not surprised

Kayle said:
But I'd be up for NYC again. :P

But we done NYC :(

Hate to lock out people who can't make it there…

Kayle said:
Philadelphia? Seriously? Lol.

wat, i herd is nice
19 Dec, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 7th comment:
Cratylus said:
Why am I not surprised

What? We did east coast this year, next year should be west coast. At least that was my reasoning.

Cratylus said:
But we done NYC :(

Hate to lock out people who can't make it there…

Yes, but NYC was fun. (Well, at least what I was able to attend… *grumbles about roommates losing cars*)

Cratylus said:
wat, i herd is nice

I think you might have heard wrong. :P
19 Dec, 2009, Chris Bailey wrote in the 8th comment:
Savannah all the way, I'll be there for sure!
19 Dec, 2009, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 9th comment:
Someone should write a routine that takes in all of our home cities, and calculates a spot on the map that
is closest for everyone. Although, I'm sure we would all end up in Jericho Kansas or something.
19 Dec, 2009, Zen_Clark wrote in the 10th comment:
Is there a Frappr map for the mud community? That might be useful in this case.

This is my 25 post.
19 Dec, 2009, Lyanic wrote in the 11th comment:
NYC - because I didn't get to go last time! *glare*
19 Dec, 2009, kiasyn wrote in the 12th comment:
i would go to an aussie meetup if the MB aussies were keen
19 Dec, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 13th comment:
I have a preference for NYC because it's easy and convenient :wink: I also think it's a very easy place to do things in. Big cities in general are likely to make life easier. I have a preference against anything that requires too much driving around to get anywhere. San Fran could work for me.

Figuring out who all would be going would be helpful too. If it's just east coasters interested, we might as well stay on the east coast somewhere and spend less on travel etc.

What time frame are we talking about?
19 Dec, 2009, Lyanic wrote in the 14th comment:
David Haley said:
What time frame are we talking about?

I assumed late summer again?

Also, a place like NYC works well for people not in the area because it's usually cheaper to get airfare to a popular destination with multiple airports. Sure, it's not fair to some people (especially those on the other side of the world), but a large percentage of the community is from the U.S., and statistically, just by the country's population distribution, a lot of us will be concentrated on the east coast.
19 Dec, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 15th comment:
Lyanic said:
but a large percentage of the community is from the U.S., and statistically, just by the country's population distribution, a lot of us will be concentrated on the east coast.

Well that's the thing, if that's so then I guess it makes sense to stick to NYC or Boston or somesuch,
but I kinda wanted to know if there were interested people elsewhere too. Maybe there's a big cluster
of mudders in Barrow, Alaska.

A bonus for California is we'd get to meet Sini =)

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
19 Dec, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 16th comment:
I'm fine with NYC again. Boston would be awesome though, now that I think about it. I believe NYC and Boston are the same distance from me.
19 Dec, 2009, Lyanic wrote in the 17th comment:
Cratylus said:
Lyanic said:
but a large percentage of the community is from the U.S., and statistically, just by the country's population distribution, a lot of us will be concentrated on the east coast.

Well that's the thing, if that's so then I guess it makes sense to stick to NYC or Boston or somesuch,
but I kinda wanted to know if there were interested people elsewhere too. Maybe there's a big cluster

A bonus for California is we'd get to meet Sini =)

I think left coast really is the only other viable option. I know I wouldn't be coming if that's where it was, though.
13 Jan, 2010, Kjwah wrote in the 18th comment:
Seattle!
13 Jan, 2010, Exodus wrote in the 19th comment:
Cratylus said:
Lyanic said:

Anchorage is about the only place that could accomodate everyone and have a remote chance of something for them to do. You could fly up here and meet all three of the mudders in the state!
13 Jan, 2010, Scandum wrote in the 20th comment:
My site got 4 visits from Alaska last year. Washington, Calfornia, Texas, Illinois, and New York are the states where most traffic comes from, in that order. I think Samson used to have usage statistics for MudBytes as well.

Anyways, Texas would make the most sense, why the aversion?
0.0/34