18 Dec, 2009, Chris Bailey wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
The following from Jeremy Saunders of IRE (copied from mudconnect)

Iron Realms Entertainment is excited to announce that Midkemia Online will be released to
beta later today (Friday, December 18th) at midnight GMT (4PM PST).

You can learn more about the game from the website at http://www.midkemiaonline.com or visit
the forums at http://forums.midkemiaonline.com

Keep in mind that for the next few months Midkemia Online will be in beta. In other words,
we will be tweaking everything in the game based on your feedback, to get it just right.
This is especially important as MKO has gone with a completely different combat system when
compared to our other games.

Of course, not just combat is different! Midkemia Online has been coded from the ground up
with new races, new skills, and a completely new world based on the works of the bestselling
author, Raymond E. Feist.

Watch the website, the forums, and the Iron Realms Facebook page (
http://www.facebook.com/IronRealms ) for more information about how, where, and when you
will be able to start playing.

Have fun and see you later today!

Jeremy Saunders
President of Iron Realms Entertainment

Jeremy Saunders
www.ironrealms.com
jeremy@ironrealms.com
18 Dec, 2009, bbailey wrote in the 2nd comment:
Huzzah! I've been looking forward to this for years.
18 Dec, 2009, Chris Bailey wrote in the 3rd comment:
I think it's going to be good! =)
19 Dec, 2009, kiasyn wrote in the 4th comment:
19 Dec, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 5th comment:

Is that a broken link due to your error, or is the point that they don't have a ToS?
19 Dec, 2009, kiasyn wrote in the 6th comment:
its a broken link due to their error

its on the signup page
19 Dec, 2009, Confuto wrote in the 7th comment:
19 Dec, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 8th comment:
Oh. It looks like the correct link is http://www.midkemiaonline.com/tos.php.
19 Dec, 2009, Idealiad wrote in the 9th comment:
Can someone excited about this game tell us why it's going to be good/special/different?

edit: because information on the website seems slim. Also – 6000 forum members. I'm impressed.
19 Dec, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 10th comment:
Idealiad said:
Can someone excited about this game tell us why it's going to be good/special/different?

Without knowing anything about the game itself, the setting is quite popular and richly steeped in early computer RPG history; think Betrayal at Kondor for an example of a rather foundational title that was set in this universe.
19 Dec, 2009, Idealiad wrote in the 11th comment:
Actually I was a big fan of the first three books when I was a kid. I was just wondering what the new combat system they have is and so on.
19 Dec, 2009, Chris Bailey wrote in the 12th comment:
I have been playing like mad. Level 7 Eledhel Elven Mage, in the Spellweavers guild. It's a blast!
19 Dec, 2009, Orrin wrote in the 13th comment:
I only had a brief look and it didn't seem all that different to their other games from what I saw. That's not really a criticism though as their other games are good quality and obviously successful.

I know when IRE licensed the Midkemia IP they intended to do a graphical game, but it's still really good to see a major franchise like this come to MUDs and it can only raise the profile of text games in general.
19 Dec, 2009, Idealiad wrote in the 14th comment:
Chris, how many logins are you seeing?
19 Dec, 2009, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 15th comment:
Looks like they have some pretty nifty ideas at least.
19 Dec, 2009, bbailey wrote in the 16th comment:
Idealiad said:
Chris, how many logins are you seeing?

I'm not Chris of course, but last night after opening it hovered around 280 characters online, and today for the past few hours it's been hovering around 150.
19 Dec, 2009, Chris Bailey wrote in the 17th comment:
I think about 200 avg players Idealid (At any given time)
0.0/17