09 Dec, 2009, Lyanic wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
snwclown said:
well u visited yes but did u use common sense on making ur char.'s name no so yes you where purged i tried to talkto you multiple time and you didnt answer

How could he talk to you? He doesn't have access to channels, and even if he did - he may not have known the command.
09 Dec, 2009, Davion wrote in the 22nd comment:
Please, snwclown, understand we aren't trying to attack you. These are opinions of the people! What you do with them is up to you. They come hand in hand with posting advertising on these forums.

You should accept criticism of any kind, even if you don't agree with it. If some of these opinions are in contrary to design goals you've set out, you can simply ignore them or address them and explain -why- you chose what you did. Despite some of the comments in here, people here are actually willing to help you, if you ask that is.

And as something I recommend to most people starting up a game, I suggest you read the following thread! It's super-awesome-jam-packed-full-of-goodness!

[link=post]36360[/link]
09 Dec, 2009, quixadhal wrote in the 23rd comment:
snwclown said:
well u visited yes but did u use common sense on making ur char.'s name no so yes you where purged i tried to talkto you multiple time and you didnt answer

True enough that my name was meant to be amusing, however, I have a complete log of my session. At no point was I contacted in any way, other than the single line I quoted, and I was given no opportunity to respond. DO NOT BLATANTLY LIE TO ME! You did NOT attempt to contact me "multiple times", and you did not give me the opportunity to answer.

I entered a total of four (4) commands before being kicked. "prac", "score", "learn", and "ooc" immediately after being told to rename. Since I was level one, I wasn't allowed to use ooc, and did not have the chance to attempt any other form of contact.

I didn't mind being kicked, although informing people of your "common sense" naming requirement would have been nice, as would being talked to in a civilized manner. I do mind you attempting to save face by twisting how events occured. For that, you have lose credibility in my eyes, and I won't be giving you another thought.

Good luck with your game!
09 Dec, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 24th comment:
Also, I would not suggest purging characters as a viable way to get them to change their name.

EDIT: Hmm, Quix's post further explains why the name-changing policy is just a little wacky!
09 Dec, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 25th comment:
Did you guys know dividing by 0 is a bad idea?
09 Dec, 2009, snwclown wrote in the 26th comment:
well guys if u wanna play u can visit us and have fun the
address: moemuds.webhop.net
port: 4002
09 Dec, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 27th comment:
Seriously?

How many times are you going to post your address? Do you really think that posting it over and over is going to make people want to go to it? If anything you're only doing yourself harm. People tried your mud earlier. How many of them actually hung around? Of the ones I know of that went there, none of them hung around.

This is really getting old. You've now posted 3 advertisements today alone. The frequency with which you post an advertisement does not make people miraculously want to come to your mud. If anything, It's going to push people away because of how utterly annoying it is. Compound that with the fact that your advertisements are little more than an address, and full of misspelled words, and why would anyone WANT to play your game? You don't give anyone a reason to play. MUDs are text. This requires people read. You can't read anything on your mud without getting a headache from the sheer amount of color. If you want people to play your mud. Write an advertisement that actually lays out some interesting features of your mud. What do you offer that other DBZ Muds don't?

And for the love of GOD. STOP posting advertisements every damn day.
09 Dec, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 28th comment:
is not so bad

09 Dec, 2009, Scoyn wrote in the 29th comment:
Alright, here's my take on DB:RT. I went into it knowing 2 things: 1) It'd DBZ, and 2) There's a lot of color.

Both of these things are correct. The latter being distracting from the first. Also, there was no immortal on that I could tell. Sure, there were people on with names directly from the show, but I had no way of knowing if these "players" were just that, or if they were immortals. When I tried to see if an immortal was online, I was given a message by the mud that I must be 1000PL before I can use channels. I did however have enough time to aimlessly wander around and manage to get lost from where I started and ended up somewhere with 4 NPCs telling me to give them 2000 Zenni to train. I didn't have enough time to check how much money I had before the MUD crashed. But given that a piece of meat was on auction and that there were homosexual/homophobic phrases, sayings, and possibly even jokes being tossed around, I won't be going back.
11 Dec, 2009, snwclown wrote in the 30th comment:
:evil:
11 Dec, 2009, snwclown wrote in the 31st comment:
well guys the is growing and getting bigger everyday so u know the addy
11 Dec, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 32nd comment:
snwclown said:

Err… yes?
11 Dec, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 33rd comment:
I don't know how MudBytes handles MUDs that violate licenses, but this one does. The credits command is suppose to contain a list of names and addresses of Diku, but it does not.
11 Dec, 2009, Lyanic wrote in the 34th comment:
snwclown said:

Your game isn't growing. People have only been logging in to make fun of it. Can you really not tell the difference?
11 Dec, 2009, Dean wrote in the 35th comment:
Zeno said:
I don't know how MudBytes handles MUDs that violate licenses, but this one does. The credits command is suppose to contain a list of names and addresses of Diku, but it does not.

credits

C I R C L E M U D 3 . 0

CircleMUD was developed from DikuMUD (Gamma 0.0) by Jeremy "Ras" Elson at
Johns Hopkins University's Department of Computer Science. All code unique
to CircleMUD is protected under a copyright by the Trustees of the Johns
Hopkins University.

CircleMUD is freeware and can be downloaded via anonymous FTP from
ftp.circlemud.org or ftp2.circlemud.org in pub/CircleMUD. Its author can
be contacted at jelson@circlemud.org.

[SFP was created by Tuzkino and Xylam and was the original source code for DBT.
Very little of it still remains a part of DBT, but it deserves credit none
the less.

Dragonball Truth was coded by: Iovan. All other mentions in the credits
were used for the base code. Only basic functions such as olc, format, and
snippets from some nice people, are not coded by Iovan. Everything else was
painstakingly coded in by Iovan, and or one or two helpers on a few things.]

Type HELP CIRCLEMUD for more information.

I'm also irked by the fact it says little remains of DBT, which is a blatant lie when it's more or less stock DBT with a few minor changes. But I digress.
11 Dec, 2009, Mudder wrote in the 36th comment:
Hm. So this MUD went from being seen as harmless, and ignored, to license violators soon to feel the wrath of the MUD community… I guess you get what you ask for. :P
11 Dec, 2009, Fizban wrote in the 37th comment:
snwclown said:
well guys if u wanna play u can visit us and have fun the
address: moemuds.webhop.net
port: 4002

It doesn't really soundlike the people that did decide to stop by hadanything resembling fun. Perhaps in the future you should advertise with this:

Like MUDs where your eyes bleed?
Like MUDs where we delete you without giving you any chance to defend yourself or ask why you are being deleted?

If you answered yes to both of the previous questions then this is the MUD for you: moemuds.webhop.net:4002

Feel free to copy and paste that for your next advertisement. (As we all know if you tried writing it from scratch you'd butcher the spelling.)
11 Dec, 2009, Fizban wrote in the 38th comment:
Mudder said:
Hm. So this MUD went from being seen as harmless, and ignored, to license violators soon to feel the wrath of the MUD community… I guess you get what you ask for. :P

Ahh, there we go, now I have the ammunition needed to have his MUD removed from TMC's MUD List and all advertisements for it removed from the site should he continue to get on my nerves there. :devil:
11 Dec, 2009, Hanaisse wrote in the 39th comment:
snwclown #30 Posted Yesterday, 10:31 pm - nothing important to say
snwclown #31 Posted Yesterday, 10:33 pm - nothing important to say

Just an example, but these obvious posts to keep this abominable thread on the front page "recent posts" list is getting old fast.
The comments people post (yes, including myself now) are only encouraging this obnoxious behavior.
12 Dec, 2009, kiasyn wrote in the 40th comment:
snwclown said:

snwclown said:

please refrain from making posts like this as they do not contribute to any discussion.
20.0/90