01 Dec, 2009, Greyankh wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I get this error when running the ./configure.

configure: error Could not find suitable libgc

Any advice?

Grey
01 Dec, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 2nd comment:
What are the requirements of this codebase?
01 Dec, 2009, Greyankh wrote in the 3rd comment:
I just used my friend Google.

libgc is a garbage collection library for C and C++. It has functions to periodically scan the code for memory leaks and what-not.

Grey
01 Dec, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 4th comment:
Does that mean that you've successfully installed it and gotten past the configure error?
01 Dec, 2009, Greyankh wrote in the 5th comment:
Unfortunately…No.

I still have the error. It is looking to check a GCmalloc function. If I can't get the library installed, then I'll look to remove this feature.

Grey
01 Dec, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 6th comment:
If you control the environment under which you're operating, it should be as simple as using your distribution's package manager to install libgc or possibly libgc-dev. If your package manager doesn't have a package for libgc, you'll have to download and install it yourself (which probably isn't that hard, but it's more annoying). If you don't control the environment, you should talk to your system admin (Zeno, IIRC?) and ask to have the package installed. It is possible but tedious to install the library manually even if you don't control the environment; I'd not recommend that unless you reallyreally have to.
01 Dec, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 7th comment:
I asked about the requirements because it seems odd if it really requires a garbage collection?
0.0/7