12 Jun, 2006, Hades_Kane wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I hope this was alright, but in an effort to help boost awareness of the site, I edited the wikipedia.org's entry on MUD to list this site under the Snippet and source code repositories section.

Here is the link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUD#Snippet...

Here is what it says:
MudBytes.net: MUD code repository and discussion with a specific emphasis on free speech.

If this wasn't desired, then I apologize, and a quick edit will rectify it. But, I'm just trying to help :)
12 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 2nd comment:
Heh, good idea if you ask me. But just watch Kyndig remove it.
12 Jun, 2006, Hades_Kane wrote in the 3rd comment:
Before I even added that, it crossed my mind.

Would he dare be such a nazi to remove mentions of this site on OTHER websites as well?

I suppose only time will tell. He goes that far, the same can always happen to him.
12 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 4th comment:
Something tells me he would. If he does, I suggest adding mention of him to the entries for 'censorship' and 'jackass'. While you're at it, mention Vryce in the 'jackass' entry, too.
12 Jun, 2006, Guest wrote in the 5th comment:
If Kyndig removes it, report him to the wikipedia admins for vandalism. I would expect the same to happen for anyone trying to remove his listing as well.
12 Jun, 2006, Tacitus wrote in the 6th comment:
Nah. I don't think Kyding will remove it.
12 Jun, 2006, Zeno wrote in the 7th comment:
It was edited though, "removed editorializing".
12 Jun, 2006, Darmond wrote in the 8th comment:
mmm maybe he did have the balls to complain and remove it then bleh dont worry we will get him in time
12 Jun, 2006, Guest wrote in the 9th comment:
Tyche made the edit. Probably rightly so since wikipedia isn't about biased comments one way or the other. The "free speech" part wasn't relevant to the listing.
12 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 10th comment:
If that was the only change, then it does seem reasonable enough, not quite the same as it would be if Kyndig actually edited it to remove the addition altogether.
12 Jun, 2006, Hades_Kane wrote in the 11th comment:
Meh, that's fine. I personally thought it was valid that there is an intentional lack of censorship, and although a few people "in the know" might recongize the purpose of that, I didn't think most people would think anything of it.
12 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 12th comment:
Well, at least it's still listed. And still above MudMagic, no less.
12 Aug, 2006, Tyche wrote in the 13th comment:
Conner said:
I read these forums daily, usually only lurking, because sometimes there is really useful information presented here and I enjoy seeing good debates, but not because I want to waste my already sparse time reading personal attacks against others or flagrant misuse of terminology like "Nazi" which is offendsive on many levels.

I disagree. I think Hade_Kane's post was right on the money decribing Kyndig's ridiculous censoring behavior using the term "nazi". I'm neither offended by it nor do I think it a misuse of the term.
14 Aug, 2006, Sandi wrote in the 14th comment:
Seems like no one wants to play. Poofters!

This is the third time I've seen a thread split off die, so let me apologise to you, Tyche, for splitting off your comments on the FQM forum. I really didn't mean to kill the discussion, and wanted it to continue. You know I disagree with you on many things, but I do respect your insights.
14 Aug, 2006, Guest wrote in the 15th comment:
Sandi,

What is the FQM forum? Been trying to figure that one out for a bit and can't come up with it.
14 Aug, 2006, Splork wrote in the 16th comment:
14 Aug, 2006, Tyche wrote in the 17th comment:
Sandi said:
Seems like no one wants to play. Poofters!

I should probably put a link back into the discussion here.

That way one can loop into and out between ones comments on both forums.

Sandi said:
This is the third time I've seen a thread split off die, so let me apologise to you, Tyche, for splitting off your comments on the FQM forum.

I didn't have a problem with it. I just lost interest in the thread. Oftentimes the point has reached where everyone has said what they wanted to say.

But if you got here, and want to get back to there you need click here. The ease of moving from here to there seamlessly, is marginally on-topic as it is part of the ever continuing movement towards decentralization making monopolies that people believe they have on content, a thing of the past.
0.0/17