11 Oct, 2009, Logan Orian wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I've been working as a build for about a week now and have figured out most of it on my own. But today I can up against something that I just couldn't figure out. We want to make a roomprog that will proc on a successful use of a skill. We tried using an ACT roomprog where a successful meditate, which echo's to the room, $n opens $s eyes and takes in a breath and tried this roomprog:

act_prog p $n opens $s eyes and takes in a breath.
mpechoat $n The force swirls over you and you vanish.
mpechoaround $n The force swirls over $n and $e vanishes.
mptransfer $n 35112
mpat 35112 mpforce $n look

Nothing happens when the person does the skill and the correct sequence is activated.

Does anyone that has a bit more knowledge have any ideas?
11 Oct, 2009, Chris Bailey wrote in the 2nd comment:
I'm not sure on this, but when you include the "p" after act_prog, it requires 100% phrase matching. I think it could perhaps be looking for $n and not registering that as the actor. Try the same thing with something more generic, like act_prog p takes in a breath. and see what happens.
11 Oct, 2009, Logan Orian wrote in the 3rd comment:
I tried and it still does nothing. I could have sworn there was a trigger specifically for skill use but that might be something I noticed on a suggestion board.
11 Oct, 2009, Caius wrote in the 4th comment:
Before you deploy this kind of program into the game, check that it can't be easily be fooled.

What would happen if I did this:

emote opens his eyes and takes in a breath.

As for the problem itself, try enclosing the trigger text in quotes: act_prog p "$n opens $s eyes and takes in a breath."
See if that helps.
11 Oct, 2009, Caius wrote in the 5th comment:
Chris Bailey said:
I think it could perhaps be looking for $n and not registering that as the actor. Try the same thing with something more generic, like act_prog p takes in a breath. and see what happens.

Been a while since I used mudprogs, but I think you're right about that.
11 Oct, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 6th comment:
Logan Orian said:
act_prog p $n opens $s eyes and takes in a breath.

You'll definitely need to change that to:

act_prog p eyes and takes in a breath.

Make sure the skill use a call to act() for the message, if it uses send_to_char or ch_printf it typically won't trigger an act_prog.
11 Oct, 2009, Logan Orian wrote in the 7th comment:
I've tried every suggestion as well as making a mob with the same mprogs as rprogs and still get nothing.

But it does work for other random events. One character was extremely thirsty and the program proc'ed. It also procs when you trans someone into the room.
0.0/7