05 Feb, 2007, Darmond wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
heh thats why I dissapeard myself not married Yet we are going to wait a while still but my fianc well she takes up a good deal of my time *laughs* she has urged me to start codeing more though probobly helps that she is head builder for my mud >_<
05 Feb, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 22nd comment:
In the same boat as you Darmond. My fiancee isn't the Head builder though, She's just the one that runs the meetings, and stuff.. like an Administrative Assistant. She's also the head of the Newbie Council. But she basically tells me to code. :P If I'm screwing around just talking on IMC, she yells at me and tells me to code and talk. :P
05 Feb, 2007, Conner wrote in the 23rd comment:
That makes three of us then. Dragona's my fiancee and my head builder and most of the time, Kayle, she's to my mud what Strassa and Scoyn are to yours with respect to finding things to keep me busy with. :wink:
06 Feb, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 24th comment:
Strassa is WAY better at it than Scoyn. Especially since she's found ways to kill me both while Invisible, and a higher level than her.
06 Feb, 2007, Conner wrote in the 25th comment:
While I can see that as an incentive to fix the code for whatever method she found, I just meant in regards to telling the coder stuff like "hey, why don't we have 'this'?" or "I need you to write something that does ____, now." type stuff. :wink:
07 Feb, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 26th comment:
Oh.. yeah, they're both pretty good at that.. but Strassa's real good at finding ways around things…
07 Feb, 2007, Conner wrote in the 27th comment:
Noted, but different issue. :wink:
14 Feb, 2007, Sandi wrote in the 28th comment:
Hey, it's Valentine's Day!

You ought to be able to find some time for coding. :evil:

Since I have one of the few (maybe the only?) ROM derivatives that lacks OLC, I'm interested in ROCS as well.
28 Feb, 2007, Darmond wrote in the 29th comment:
lol I think many rom users are sitting and waiting for ROCS to come out I managed to finaly clean up all my code and get the OLC in just need to do some finishing touches so it dont crash when people move around *laughs* but other then that oy I am going to have to do this all over again when ROCS comes out *laughs* o well I think when it finaly dose come out there should be like an internet wide nottice maybe with banners and loud trumpets or something few doves flying across our screens
28 Feb, 2007, Omega wrote in the 30th comment:
ROCS:

Rom Online Creation Suite.

Gotta nice ring to it eh?

I'm taking the 3drealms stance on it like they are doing for duke4ever, when its done.

Unfortunatly, its taking longer then originaly anticipated, for afew reasons, one, my mud sandstorm
2, wife,
3, wifes pregnant,
4, its hard to code the features i've got :P

I'm still taking suggestions for continued features.

Also, I am interested in knowing peoples opinion of dylsym or whatever it is that smaug uses for commands/skills in editing, and if i should use it to create the editing features of ROCS for those systems that would require it, or if i should find another method.

I am taking suggestions for what scripting system to put in, And I am also looking to take someone on, when rocs is ready, to write in said mudprog system (if it happens to be like a JS system (points to justice)).

For now, i'll leave you all with the following.

It is both command line editing, and menu editing, builders choice.
it is fully MXPable for those whom use mxp.
It will contain mysql ability (when applicable)
Area files are key'd, so that any rocs mud (nomatter the base) will load
– in another rocs mud.
Its decked out with security features (beware encrypted pies)
All an all, its got 20 editors schedualed for the initial release, god only knows
what else will be added after that.

the initial release is compiled in gcc, all additions that follow are in g++,
and take full advantage of stl, the reason why i'm doing a gcc release is
because not everyone is using g++ (though they should in my opinion)

so with that said, its basicaly a decked out system.

But as i said, i'm taking suggestions for features.

whether it be repop messages for area's, or load message for mobiles.
or the ability to make talking objects, whatever, let me know, and i'll see
what i can do to add it to the system.
01 Mar, 2007, Justice wrote in the 31st comment:
Darien said:
I am taking suggestions for what scripting system to put in, And I am also looking to take someone on, when rocs is ready, to write in said mudprog system (if it happens to be like a JS system (points to justice)).

Hey, don't point at me :p All I'm doing is using encouraging the use of known languages. It always seemed a waste that the vast majority of mud knowledge was useless in the real world. Javascript, python, and other languages have real world applications.
01 Mar, 2007, Justice wrote in the 32nd comment:
Oh, speaking of which, were you able to make use of that code I sent you?
01 Mar, 2007, Omega wrote in the 33rd comment:
haven't tried the code yet justice, been busy, barely had time to code myself :(

which is sad, but meh, its all good, and i point to you because i may put you to work, whether you know it or not ;)
01 Mar, 2007, Justice wrote in the 34th comment:
Heh, I understand… been through the pregnant wife thing before.
01 Mar, 2007, Davion wrote in the 35th comment:
Justice said:
Oh, speaking of which, were you able to make use of that code I sent you?

I'll bite! What code is this? Could more than just Darien benefit from this? Willing to share with the masses?
01 Mar, 2007, Omega wrote in the 36th comment:
its not for the masses :P

its for me!

ME

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
01 Mar, 2007, Justice wrote in the 37th comment:
Davion said:
I'll bite! What code is this? Could more than just Darien benefit from this? Willing to share with the masses?

That would be my script embed code. I've been planning to release it as a snippet here, but I'd need to do alot of work before I'd feel comftorable releasing it like that. Currently, it can handle every ifcheck supported by progs in SmaugFUSS. A range of utility functions, including 2 dice functions (one using the dice code for SmaugSpells, the other rolling a number of n-sided dice). There is a testjs command that executes a line of script. You can write commands online in script, and of course… progs can execute in script.

Currently in the works is using script for skills/spells, and a script based crafting system.
A very out of date API is available at… http://www.kreeper.com/~kwon/js/js_api.h...

But yeah, Darien was sending me messages asking about it, and well… I'd rather encourage the use of "real world" skills in muds than worry about rights, so if anyone wants it, feel free to send me a message and we'll talk about it. Samson has also received a copy, there was some talk about including it with the latest AFKMUD release, but it's not in a condition for that either.
02 Mar, 2007, kiasyn wrote in the 38th comment:
Instead of using a linked list I made a function, eg, getCharacters() which returned a JS array of all the characters in the room at the time.
02 Mar, 2007, Justice wrote in the 39th comment:
I had though about doing that, but using the list code wasn't very important at the time. Although being able to use either method would be nice. Heh.
02 Mar, 2007, kiasyn wrote in the 40th comment:
How did you create your documentation?
20.0/42