06 Sep, 2009, DK p1990 wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hello everyone i seem to have been out of the game to long seeing that i have been trying to start this code that i have extracted but cannot find the exe file even though i am certain it should be in the src or system folder but i seem to have failed in finding it and i need someones help either in pointing me to where it would be in a swrots code ot helping me to find a snippit or something so i can try and get this mud up and running mostly for me and my roommates but i am learning how to code and have some of the basics down but think it would be easier to learn if as im reading these darn books if i could implament some of the ideas and see how this stuff is done…I have the code, crimson editor and cygwin so if anyone could lend me a bit of there mind i would be most greatfull
06 Sep, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 2nd comment:
If you're running in *nix, there is no .exe file. There's an exec, but it doesn't have ".exe" in it.
06 Sep, 2009, Sandi wrote in the 3rd comment:
I'm going to take a wild guess that "swrots" is a SW ROT codebase, in which case the file would likely be in the /area directory. Also, it likely doesn't have an .exe suffix. Look for a file simply called 'rot' or 'swrot'.
06 Sep, 2009, DK p1990 wrote in the 4th comment:
can't find rot or swrot, See the last mud i ran was wolfpaw and this time i was going with a wolfpaw from the repos but i would have had to change all the race and class over but this one all i have to do is modify them but then i ran into i can't get it started lol
06 Sep, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 5th comment:
Did you make sure it's compiled?
06 Sep, 2009, DK p1990 wrote in the 6th comment:
woops…ok i know this makes me look dumb but i don't have it compiled and forgot how to…i have only ever had one mud and i was learning as i went so how do i compile it

compile <source code name> ???
06 Sep, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 7th comment:
06 Sep, 2009, DK p1990 wrote in the 8th comment:
ok i am not seeing any files in cygwin but i have the code and its unzipped though its in its own folder so do i need to get the path imput it into cygwin?
06 Sep, 2009, DK p1990 wrote in the 9th comment:
the make command is not being recognized by cygwin…im getting command not found
06 Sep, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 10th comment:
Then you're missing packages.
http://www.gammon.com.au/smaug/installin...
07 Sep, 2009, DK p1990 wrote in the 11th comment:
ok now i have that done and it recogmizes the make command im getting a no target specified or makefile found. When i type ls i still have nothing in my directory so im unsure what to do…the other mud i didn't have to do this because when i typed make it auto compiled
07 Sep, 2009, DK p1990 wrote in the 12th comment:
there is a makefile in the src folder but its not recognizing it so im not sure what modifications i need to do to make it recognize and run
07 Sep, 2009, DK p1990 wrote in the 13th comment:
started a new topic due to the first problem i had was answered
0.0/13