24 Aug, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Which movie?
24 Aug, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 2nd comment:
I voted all of the above, but with pref for Inglorious Basterds.

This would be for Sat. afternoon, most likely, after lunch and before the evening escapades.
24 Aug, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 3rd comment:
District 9 is a silly civil-rights movie with aliens instead of native Americans.

I'd strongly suggest passing on it.

G.I. Joe wasn't bad. It's comparable to the Transformers movies for plot/action/absurdity. Though, he's not the all-American hero anymore :P

-edges out the door-
24 Aug, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 4th comment:
Ssolvarain said:
District 9 is a silly civil-rights movie with aliens instead of native Americans.

I'd strongly suggest passing on it.

G.I. Joe wasn't bad. It's comparable to the Transformers movies for plot/action/absurdity. Though, he's not the all-American hero anymore :P

I am utterly unsurprised you recommend GI Joe over District 9.

We won't be able to drag David in to see it, though. It has the Eiffel tower being blowed up,
and his dried up little america hating heart couldn't stand it.

-Crat
24 Aug, 2009, Idealiad wrote in the 5th comment:
OK, I know I'm not even going to the mudmeet and everything, but…

Ssolvarain said:
native Americans.

:biggrin:
24 Aug, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 6th comment:
Ehhh. Already saw Ponyo, would probably prefer to see District 9. Guess I would also see GI Joe just to experience it.
24 Aug, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 7th comment:
I'll finish District 9 and give an honest opinion. Everyone goes on hour and a half lunches around here -.-

Nevermind. I hate the Russian language.
24 Aug, 2009, Tyche wrote in the 8th comment:
For some reason, I see y'all having a "Twilight" slumber party. ;-)
24 Aug, 2009, Dean wrote in the 9th comment:
Tyche said:
For some reason, I see y'all having a "Twilight" slumber party. ;-)

I vote a Buffy Marathon instead! :evil:
24 Aug, 2009, Guest wrote in the 10th comment:
Ssolvarain said:

It's actually a thinly veiled reference to the Apartheid government of South Africa - hence why the ship hovers over Johannesburg and why it's called District 9. Named for the original District 6 back in the 1960s.
24 Aug, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 11th comment:
The wife and I would probably skip the movie and go do something else in NYC while you guys watched it. I'm not a big fan of movie theaters so I try to avoid them unless it's something I really really want to see. Unfortunately, I have no desire to see any of the movies on that list.. so…. Yep. Enjoy the movie, I'll go get mugged in the streets!
24 Aug, 2009, Erok wrote in the 12th comment:
Ugh… Not going either, but the Natural History Museum, a walk through Central Park, or a multitude of other NYC attractions has got to be preferable to a movie. My daughter drags me to the American Girl store every visit, but I digress…
24 Aug, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 13th comment:
Erok said:
Ugh… Not going either, but the Natural History Museum, a walk through Central Park, or a multitude of other NYC attractions has got to be preferable to a movie. My daughter drags me to the American Girl store every visit, but I digress…

With the young kids around, I very rarely get a chance to see first run movies any more.
Seen the park and the museum…ain't seen District 9 ;)

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
25 Aug, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 14th comment:
There isn't a lot to do at the park other than see it. The museums are fun to see if you like museums. We don't all have to see the movie, and if anybody would like to suggest something else I'm all ears and we can modify the plan. :smile:
0.0/14