07 Aug, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I don't usually check the front page, so I was a little confused to see this thread disappear. It has been changed to a news post on the front page:
http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=news...

It looks like the comments were preserved.

Hopefully this will help front-page-challenged people such as myself. :wink:
07 Aug, 2009, Noplex wrote in the 2nd comment:
It will.

I'll be glad to see everyone there.
07 Aug, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 3rd comment:
Current confirmed attendees:
Cratylus, Davion, Kayle, Noplex, Zeno, and myself

Have I missed anybody?
07 Aug, 2009, Runter wrote in the 4th comment:
I can't make it. Although I wish I could. :P
18 Aug, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 5th comment:
Bumpitybump. I'll be needing to make plans (and potentially reservations) soon, so a few things to take care of:

- People who will attend:
Cratylus, Davion, Kayle & Venia, Noplex, Zeno, and myself
If you are no longer attending, please let me know.
If you are not on this list, please let me know.

- Food preferences
If you have dietary restrictions or preferences, please let me know so that I can choose appropriate restaurant(s).
I believe that everybody on the list is over 21, but if you're not I would need to know that too. :smile:

- When you plan on being in NYC, and/or when you would like to meet other than the Sat. dinner.
This will help me figure out how many places to reserve for how many people at which times.

I will be sending the attendees my phone number over PM a few days before the event. If you could send me yours as well, it will make coordinating easier in case there's any confusion.
23 Aug, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 6th comment:
Folks, it would be much appreciated if I got the above information before, oh, Thursday. :rolleyes:
23 Aug, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 7th comment:
I like meat. Steaks, etc. I think any place will have something I would like. Dislike seafood though. No allergies.

I'll be in NYC all of Sat, probably morning till 10pm? or so. Haven't bought tickets yet, will update.
23 Aug, 2009, Davion wrote in the 8th comment:
I like all food, no restrictions. I'll be in NYC fri-monday, will be down for whatever (hard to please, ya know)
24 Aug, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 9th comment:
David Haley said:
- Food preferences
If you have dietary restrictions or preferences, please let me know so that I can choose appropriate restaurant(s).
I believe that everybody on the list is over 21, but if you're not I would need to know that too.

I like food. I am old.

David Haley said:
- When you plan on being in NYC, and/or when you would like to meet other than the Sat. dinner.
This will help me figure out how many places to reserve for how many people at which times.

I think we should plan on seeing a movie. A seven dude man date for District 9, I say.
I been meaning to watch it, and I hear that it's good enough that if some of
us already seen it, they prolly wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Just a thought.

I think I'll spend friday and saturday night, if I can negotiate it with the S.O. :)

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
24 Aug, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 10th comment:
man date? Hahaha. That was funny.
24 Aug, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 11th comment:
You'll be an… eccentric bunch for sure.
25 Aug, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 12th comment:
Any times planned? Should I be there by noon? 10am?
25 Aug, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 13th comment:
Here's a rough program, please voice objections Very Soon Now or be forever silent.

FRIDAY
I get off work anytime 6:30pm – 7:30pm. Let's say 7pm. I work near Times Square, so I would be happy to meet up for dinner and drinks from 7pm onwards. There are a few places nearby that aren't bad for groups. I'm thinking Red Lobster or Ruby Tuesday's, the advantage of the latter being that it takes reservations. It's a fairly straightforward kind of place. There are far more pubs than you could shake a stick at, so no worries there.
So I'm proposing that we grab a drink starting 7pm, and go for an 8pm dinner. I would need to know how many people are coming for dinner, for the reservation. After dinner, we'll do whatever people feel like doing.

SATURDAY
People might want to sleep in or do something else in the morning, so I'd say meet at noon for lunch. I'm proposing Union Square, at the Heartland Brewery. (16th, just south of Broadway).
From there, we head to the movie theater, conveniently located a couple of blocks south. (Or do something else if people feel like it.)

Assuming 2pm or 3pm movie, we can aim for dinner at 7pm. I'm putting forward Lederhosen – a German restaurant. (See if you can spot the self-deprecating humor involved.) It is conveniently located not-too-far from the movie theater, and even more conveniently located near several nice places to drink. After dinner, it will be "whatever".

SUNDAY:
No real plans, maybe brunch or lunch, depending on how late people stay out on Saturday.

WHERE TO STAY:
Given the above locations, I would suggest the following general areas to stay:
- Times Square
- Union Square
- Grand Central

Or, more generally: don't go too much further south than Houston (house-ton, not hyoos-ton, btw). If you go south, stay westish of Broadway. Don't go much further north than 57th st. If you go north, it's probably easiest if you are between 9th and 3rd avenues.

Almost everywhere we're going will be along the red subway lines. The green lines work ok too.

I suggest this subway map as a very, very good online subway map – much better than trying to figure out the subway on google maps or using the MTA maps.
25 Aug, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 14th comment:
By the way, none of these places have dress codes. It's hot here these days, although the forecast for this weekend is ~80 deg F. (That's about 10 deg F cooler than it has been.) Apparently it might rain on Sat with thunderstorms. If you care, I will be wearing jeans (or slightly dressier – but no slacks) and collared shirts.
25 Aug, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 15th comment:
Got my train tickets. Will be there after noon (coming in Penn Station around 12:30pm) and train leaves right before midnight.
25 Aug, 2009, Runter wrote in the 16th comment:
No trench coats allowed. Davion.
25 Aug, 2009, Dean wrote in the 17th comment:
As I won't be able to attend in person, I have decided to send a cardboard cutout version of myself (in fancy dress no less!). See picture below.

I just need to know where to send the cardboard cutout so it will arrive on time.
26 Aug, 2009, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 18th comment:
There better be pictures and or videos of this mudmeet :cool:
26 Aug, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 19th comment:
It's gonna be a sausage-fest. Pass on the pictures and video.
26 Aug, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 20th comment:
staryavsky said:
There better be pictures and or videos of this mudmeet :cool:

I'll be bringing my digital camera. :)
0.0/54