23 Aug, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 61st comment:
Votes: 0
Lazerous said:
Listen man, I am perfectly calm, you folks making assumptions not me.

Listen man, You're not calm. You're being completely irrational. You've demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of basic concepts that are going to be necessary for pulling off what you're trying to do. We're here to help you. BUt you've got to be able to understand what we're talking about before that help is going to ring true.

Lazerous said:
As for listening to what others say, if you take the time to read all I have said and done you would notice,
that I had replied to and taken advice from the people who actually gave something useful.

Sorry, but I haven't read a single post in this thread that hasn't offered something useful. Well, aside from you calling a moderator a tool because he didn't want to help you outside the forums.

Lazerous said:
You all want to gather around and hold hands and sing your self praises you go right ahead and do that, but
for it to take 4 pages and soon 5 to answer this is a joke. So unless like I said, you have some code to add
to this post, go take a chill pill your self and find another post to respond to to boost your posting numbers.

For it to take 4 pages, and soon 5 pages to answer this is a joke. Since it's a simple issue of you just not understanding. You need to take the advice given to you several times over, and familiarize yourself with the language you're working with. Read a tutorial. Get a grasp on some of the basics. Self Learning is great. But Everyone on these boards has projects of their own, and none of us can drop them, to spend the time to teach you basics in C/C++ when you can learn them from any number of great tutorials on the web.

I haven't seen/read any post in this thread that hasn't pointed you in the right direction. But just so that we're clear.

DECLARE_DO_FUNs have a strict expectation on arguments. Which, depending on how correct the code you're working with is should be ( CHAR_DATA *ch, const char *argument ). Your function that you're trying to pass into a DECLARE_DO_FUN doesn't take those arguments. It takes two completely different. Thus, it's not working.

Square Peg. Round Hole. Do the math.
23 Aug, 2009, Lazerous wrote in the 62nd comment:
For it to take 4 pages, and soon 5 pages to answer this is a joke. Since it's a simple issue of you just not understanding. You need to take the advice given to you several times over, and familiarize yourself with the language you're working with. Read a tutorial. Get a grasp on some of the basics. Self Learning is great. But Everyone on these boards has projects of their own, and none of us can drop them, to spend the time to teach you basics in C/C++ when you can learn them from any number of great tutorials on the web.

Well if you have no intention of being helpful or contributing in a positive manor then wtf are you doing on a forum?
I came here for some advice on a piece of code, all I got was a bunch of mouth pieces like your self.
Bah, enjoy you wee little forum, I got alot better things to do then respond to this crap.

DECLARE_DO_FUNs have a strict expectation on arguments. Which, depending on how correct the code you're working with is should be ( CHAR_DATA *ch, const char *argument ). Your function that you're trying to pass into a DECLARE_DO_FUN doesn't take those arguments. It takes two completely different. Thus, it's not working.

No, really? gee like I hadn't figured that out, this is I know, but you want to be a mouth piece.

Square Peg. Round Hole. Do the math.

Are you 6 yrs old?

You guys are pathetic.
23 Aug, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 63rd comment:
Lazerous said:
You guys are pathetic.

Lazerous,

This forum welcomes folks of all skill levels and from what I've seen,
folks pride themselves on being welcoming and helpful.

You seem to be interpreting genuine efforts to help you as being
hostile acts. You've actually called a moderator a rude name, for
declining to help you privately.

I would decline the same request, not because you're a newbie, but
because I can't be the private help desk for anyone. If I help,
I want it to be public, so everyone can benefit.

I don't quite understand it, but you've decided that everyone is
wrong and against you. This is incorrect. That is why you're being
asked to calm down. Your response is irrational and best explained
by heated overreaction.

If you are arriving at the conclusion that everyone is against you
through cold reason, then you've got me dead confused and I'd
like you to explain which posts are being mean, and how.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net/mr_cool_ice.jpg
23 Aug, 2009, Rendelven wrote in the 64th comment:
Short of writing the code, there seems to be nothing any of us here can do to help you. You are correct in assuming that making this logout menu is not a very difficult thing to do. However, even the most simple tasks will be difficult if you don't understand the basics of what you're doing.

What to do:
1. Learn the basics of programming
2. Be open to learning new concepts and practices when you ask for help on something you don't understand
3. Don't berate those who are actually trying to help you
Random Picks
60.0/64