08 Jan, 2007, Scoyn wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
The title pretty much says it all. I'm looking for a non-combative way to force a person to remove anything wielded (dual wield isn't an issue because once the primary weapon is removed, the secondary becomes the primary) and then be put into a specific container. I would prefer a method that doesn't require coding.

Example of how it would work:
if otypehere(room)==5
mpforce $n remove <weapon>
mpforce $n remove <weapon>
mpforce $n put weapon case
etc
endif

Thanks,
Scoyn
01 Feb, 2007, Fizban wrote in the 2nd comment:
That depends largely on the codebase, I can do this in CircleMUD easily.
02 Feb, 2007, Conner wrote in the 3rd comment:
He's using a Smaug that's mostly FUSS… though I suppose if you could share with Kayle how it's handled in Circle, then perhaps Kayle could port it for Scoyn.
02 Feb, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 4th comment:
Mostly FUSS? You underestimate the sheer number of changes I've done to Obscurities. :P

EDIT: Truely the only thing about Obscurites that's still Smaug is the interface. And I wouldn't have to edit this if i'd have clicked preview like I meant instead of post. :tongue: Anyway, anything done in circle, I can easily port to Obscurities if someone were to explain how it's done in circle.
02 Feb, 2007, Conner wrote in the 5th comment:
It's your version command that says it's a Smaug Derivative. :wink:
02 Feb, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 6th comment:
Keyword there, Derivative. :tongue:
02 Feb, 2007, Guest wrote in the 7th comment:
Not much different from how AFKMud is derived from it, and our world command lists Smaug 1.4a as the base source code. There's still a lot of Smaug floating around but quite a bit of it has been modified beyond recognition too.
02 Feb, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 8th comment:
Indeed, I have even less than AFKMud that still looks like smaug. the stuff in the skills area is about it, and even that is slowly converting.
02 Feb, 2007, Guest wrote in the 9th comment:
No doubt you've had more time to work on it, better ideas, and quite possibly a bit more skill with C/C++ than I do. Otherwise I'm pretty sure we'd be way beyond just "highly modified" by now. Even so, people still find us different enough that the codebase takes a bit of a learning curve to adjust to it.
02 Feb, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 10th comment:
I've done my best to keep the "smaug feel" intact. but the code has been heavily fixed up, and re-written in a lot of places. Only things I haven't really messed with aside from little things are skills. Everything still looks and feels like Smaug. And things are still done just like in smaug, except codewise, it doesn't eve really look like Smaug except in several Small and concealed places. :P
02 Feb, 2007, Conner wrote in the 11th comment:
As long as you don't go pulling a Vryce on us over it. :wink::tongue:

Now that we've totally lost the topic of this thread.. :devil: We're still waiting on Fizban to say how Kayle can impliment what Scoyn wanted. :wink:
02 Feb, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 12th comment:
Threadjacking strikes again. I wouldn't ever pull a Vryce, without the Smaug Devs, I wouldn't have had anything to get pissed off at and completely rewrite. They get credit in there, and of course the merc team and Diku teams for leading up to all of it. They all have my thanks. And of course the many people who've helped with small things along the way.
03 Feb, 2007, Conner wrote in the 13th comment:
No worries, Kayle, I didn't really think you were the type to do so, but had to point out that you were getting close to that claim of "my code doesn't have any Smaug left in it at all so it's not smaug anymore". *shrug*
03 Feb, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 14th comment:
Nah, I'm just one of those. "Why the hell did they do it this way, retards." kinda people who rewrites things to be simpler and easier to understand. :tongue: So Yeah, Your statement does kinda stand. Obscurities really doesn't have a whole lot of Smaug left in it at all, and it hasn't truly been Smaug since it was renamed to Obscurities. :tongue:
0.0/14