30 Jul, 2009, Kaeden wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hello all,

As stated in the topic title, what features would you like to see in a zombie apocalypse MUD?

Thanks,
–Kaeden
30 Jul, 2009, Dean wrote in the 2nd comment:
Any zombie apocalypse type game must follow the mechanics of Shawn of the Dead for me. :cyclops:
30 Jul, 2009, quixadhal wrote in the 3rd comment:
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaiiiinnnnnnnnsssssssssssssssssss!

Had to be said.
30 Jul, 2009, Hyper_Eye wrote in the 4th comment:
Two things…

1) Many different shotguns and shotgun modifications are a must.
2) It must be possible to become infected and play as a zombie though there should be a distinction between the type of zombie the player becomes and the mindless zombie mobs. Think the difference between the forsaken and the scourge in WoW. PK players that become infected could join a clan (or some form of group) of undead and there can be an uninfected group of PK players dedicated to eradicating the PK undead.

Those are my immediate thoughts anyway.
30 Jul, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 5th comment:
Guns + ammo.

Zombies.

Rosie O'Donnell as a zombie.
30 Jul, 2009, KaVir wrote in the 6th comment:
Kaeden said:
As stated in the topic title, what features would you like to see in a zombie apocalypse MUD?

Zombies.

Shotguns can be fun, but I'd also enjoy an Army of Darkness style setting. So for me the only real 'must have', I think, is zombies.
31 Jul, 2009, Lyanic wrote in the 7th comment:
Kaeden said:
Hello all,

Thanks,
–Kaeden

Interesting that this topic came up, considering I've been discussing this idea with a number of people in the MUD community for the past couple months. Speaking of, do I know you by a different name perchance? If not, we should talk. I have a lot of the key components (already working) and designs for further game mechanics. E-mail me (lyanic@gmail.com).

KaVir said:
Zombies.

Shotguns can be fun, but I'd also enjoy an Army of Darkness style setting. So for me the only real 'must have', I think, is zombies.

I second that.
31 Jul, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 8th comment:
Army of Darkness style setting

But think of all the terrible one liners :(
31 Jul, 2009, Idealiad wrote in the 9th comment:
Would make a great special attack.
31 Jul, 2009, Kaeden wrote in the 10th comment:
You guys are a pretty easy crowd to please.

I'll have to make a point of watching Army of Darkness; I can't say I'm familiar with it.
31 Jul, 2009, Igabod wrote in the 11th comment:
Chainsaw, land mines (for when there's a crowd of zombies chasing you), and I second the Rosie O'Donnell zombie idea. I'll post more ideas as I come up with them.
31 Jul, 2009, Dean wrote in the 12th comment:
Plenty of witty one liners are a must too.
31 Jul, 2009, Igabod wrote in the 13th comment:
The one-liners are the responsibility of the non-zombies. Have you ever seen a zombie speak aside from saying "braaaainssss"?
31 Jul, 2009, Kaeden wrote in the 14th comment:
Igabod said:
Have you ever seen a zombie speak aside from saying "braaaainssss"?

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=2...

:)
31 Jul, 2009, Dean wrote in the 15th comment:
Igabod said:
The one-liners are the responsibility of the non-zombies. Have you ever seen a zombie speak aside from saying "braaaainssss"?

Not all NPCs might be zombies? :devil:
31 Jul, 2009, quixadhal wrote in the 16th comment:
There should be a lawnmower that you can pick up and use to mow down zombies as well.
01 Aug, 2009, Igabod wrote in the 17th comment:
Mortal Classes: Warrior, Medic, Scientist

Undead Classes: Zombie, Necromancer, Lich

Warriors: Typical warriors, class name can be something different, they get all the battle skills
Medic: Can cure diseases and heal wounds, at later levels they develop skills to halt the spread of the zombie virus in mortals
Scientist: Develops/Creates weaponry for the warriors to use, there are other possibilities here I'm sure but I can't think of them at the moment.

Zombie: Undead equivalent of the Warrior, they can infect mortals with the zombie virus
Necromancer: Can raise NPC zombies to fight for them and can command already existing NPC zombies.
Lich: Uses magic derived from the death of mortals, like the wizards of the undead. You probably already know what liches are capable of.

There's a few ideas for classes, they aren't complete but it's a good start.

You should make it so that a player doesn't choose class at creation, but through choices made in-game. A player goes through mud school as a normal human and at the end they have two doors to choose from. One leads to the mortal stronghold and the other leads to a room infested with zombies where the player is infected with the zombie disease. A PC zombie then can begin training to become a necromancer or a lich, or they can remain as a zombie. The same goes for the mortals, the player starts as a warrior but can choose to train with an NPC to become a scientist or a medic.

[edit to add] The NPC which a player goes to for medic training should offer his services to halt the progression of the zombie virus for a fairly high cost. That way players can avoid switching teams if they can afford it. If they can't afford it they'll need to find a PC medic who can do it for free. This encourages team-work.
01 Aug, 2009, flumpy wrote in the 18th comment:
I would like to see PC's who are Zombies just say "braaaaainns" when they use the say command and a none zombie hears them, but to another zombie it looks fine :D

braaaains..
01 Aug, 2009, Igabod wrote in the 19th comment:
Heh that would be a pretty neat feature. Though what would the mortal (non-zombie) equivalent be?
01 Aug, 2009, KaVir wrote in the 20th comment:
Igabod said:
Heh that would be a pretty neat feature. Though what would the mortal (non-zombie) equivalent be?

A girly scream.
0.0/50