29 Jul, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Banner 96 (this image) is for Linode, a paid hosting service. Is that something that the admins are aware of? (i.e., can MB be used to freely advertise paid services)
29 Jul, 2009, Guest wrote in the 2nd comment:
Yes, we're aware of it. The listings do allow pay MUDs to advertise, but I can see where other services might be entering into a grey area.
29 Jul, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 3rd comment:
I guess that for-pay MUDs seem a little different than other services in that they're much more relevant; that said, even exclusively for-pay MUDs (as opposed to pay-for-perks) seem a little borderline.

It's not that I mind seeing the banner, but if random services started showing up it'd be a little annoying. It also strikes me that you should be getting revenue from these people if you're advertising commercial ventures for them. :wink:
29 Jul, 2009, Davion wrote in the 4th comment:
The link to linode includes our reference code. Should someone actually sign up from clicking that banner, we get $20 :)
29 Jul, 2009, Guest wrote in the 5th comment:
Aslo, we've had a banner for MudMagic in the rotation for some time now (in fact, there's its banner now). Is the fact that it's a banner for something not strictly MUD related the real issue?
29 Jul, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 6th comment:
I hadn't noticed it before although I had probably seen it. The fact that it's not related to MUDding is what made me really notice it; I guess it's unclear to me where the line is. Could I advertise my personal website here? How about general IT products? etc.

Not a big deal, was just wondering what the policy is.
29 Jul, 2009, Guest wrote in the 7th comment:
I think it's pretty safe to say that the Linode banner represents the limits to which we're going to stretch things :)

Otherwise we may as well just have Enzyte ads up there along with everything else imaginable.
29 Jul, 2009, Davion wrote in the 8th comment:
Linode is about as far as we would go outside the MUD world. Though, that's not saying we wont expand on what we have. Wouldn't mind seeing a couple banners for other active codebases. (wtf is taking so long evennia guys!?)
29 Jul, 2009, Davion wrote in the 9th comment:
ninja'd
29 Jul, 2009, Lobotomy wrote in the 10th comment:
EnzyteMUD - The once-daily MUD for natural male character enhancement.
0.0/10