28 Jul, 2009, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I've been trying to figure out how this can be done in Cygwin.
I have read up on it, but the only pages I could find didn't workout for my version
I guess. I've decided to host my project on my main PC, because I use this to stream media to the rest of my computers, I prefer to run Windows; mainly because I have an XBOX 360.

Anyhoo, I would love to be able to host SSH through Cygwin so I can work remotely, or within my local network. Has anyone of you done this? If so, can you explain overall how? If not, any general pointers would be great!
28 Jul, 2009, Kintar wrote in the 2nd comment:
Hi there, staryavsky. Sorry, but I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you wanting to accept SSH connections via Cygwin, or are you trying to use Cygwin to allow you to tunnel out from the Windows machine? I've done the latter, and I know that one of my coworkers at a former job managed the former, though I've never accomplished it myself.
28 Jul, 2009, Davion wrote in the 3rd comment:
http://www.andlinux.org/wiki/index.php5?....

I know, it's not cygwin but it's something to consider.
28 Jul, 2009, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 4th comment:
Not sure what was confusing, I just want to be able to "host" so I can access
that machine remotely. :grinning:

I know I can use SSH within Cygwin to access a shell account, if i wanted to do
that i would use PUTTY or something. :wink:
28 Jul, 2009, Kintar wrote in the 5th comment:
Gotcha. Sorry, it was the title of the topic that was confusing me. :)

I shot that former coworker an email before I posted, and almost immediately got back this link. He says he had to fiddle with it to get the SSH server working, but doesn't remember any specifics.

I hope it helps!
28 Jul, 2009, Davion wrote in the 6th comment:
28 Jul, 2009, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 7th comment:
0.0/7