12 Jan, 2007, Tyche wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I was attempting to login from another system. I logged in successfully and got to the successful login screen. Upon hitting the continue link I went back to the home page where the login box appeared and I was still logged out. I was using Firefox and the browser is configured to accept cookies. You might want to check this out.
12 Jan, 2007, Wil wrote in the 2nd comment:
I've been having trouble with the 'continue' link myself, but I found that if you just hit the 'Home' button on the navbar that it works. Skip the 'continue' altogether and just hit 'Home'.
12 Jan, 2007, Guest wrote in the 3rd comment:
There were some updates to how cookies are handled which may have affected this. If you have ever logged on before from another PC and it's been awhile since that happened you may need to check and see if the browser kept an older cookie. Clearing out those cookies should solve the problem.
13 Jan, 2007, Tyche wrote in the 4th comment:
I cleared all cookies for the site and tried with both FF and IE with no luck.

Also I get a JS error under IE 6.0 when the home page loads.
From memory…
line 5. ElmentBld() is null or not an object. Something like that.

BTW, this system I was on was a brand new PC purchased on 1/7/7.
I don't believe I ever used it to access this site until the other day.
13 Jan, 2007, Guest wrote in the 5th comment:
The only way I've been able to replicate this problem in FF, IE6, or Opera 9 is if cookies are completely blocked.

IE6 will allow the site to log me in right up until I set the cookie security to the highest level it has. Anything below that allows the login to complete. Tested that by clearing all IE cookies in between attempts.

Firefox had no issues until I removed the site from the cookie whitelist and as expected it refused to log on at all until I lowered the cookie settings back to default.

Opera similarly had no issues until security was raised high enough to block everything out.
14 Jan, 2007, Tyche wrote in the 6th comment:
Okay it appears to be working fine.

I've just made my first 64-bit posting.
31 Jan, 2007, Fizban wrote in the 7th comment:
I can now login as well, but i couldn't for a while, I emailed davion, he was able to log in as me, but i still couldn't until now for some reason. I was using IE on Windows XP with cookies accepted.
03 Feb, 2007, Tyche wrote in the 8th comment:
The exact same problem has returned. Deleted all cookies, closed browser and tried logging in, but can't.
I'm assuming that if nothing changed, then a cookie expired which caused me to not be logged in.
03 Feb, 2007, Fizban wrote in the 9th comment:
It also just took me like 5 tries to log on.
03 Feb, 2007, Davion wrote in the 10th comment:
I honestly don't know what to tell you guys. I've been logging into my account from friends houses, and from the 3 pc's I run at home and they all seem to work. All 3 PC's in my house run different OS/Browser combinations and I've never had a problem. I'll keep looking into it though and try to figure it out. If you have any more information, that'd be nice! Like, if the site, when you log in is indeed creating the cookies for MudBytes.

Another juicy little tidbit of info, if you log in to via "mudbytes.net" you wont be logged into www.mudbytes.net. I don't know why this is atm, but I'll take a look at it in the near future.
03 Feb, 2007, Guest wrote in the 11th comment:
The subtle difference between "mudbytes.net" and "www.mudbytes.net" may not seem like much, but with the elevated cookie security the specific domain you are logging on to does make a difference. So that's probably one more thing you can check. Like Davion, I log on to my account from a number of places. Home, work, other peoples' laptops and desktops, using browsers ranging from IE 5 ( ick ), to Opera 9. And everything else in between. I have not had a problem except right after the cookie security got updated. And once I adjusted the allowed cookie settings to reflect the proper domain, it worked fine.
03 Feb, 2007, Tyche wrote in the 12th comment:
Davion said:
Another juicy little tidbit of info, if you log in to via "mudbytes.net" you wont be logged into www.mudbytes.net. I don't know why this is atm, but I'll take a look at it in the near future.

Actually that appears to be the problem. I looked at the cookies and found they had ".mudbytes.net" in them. So I changed my bookmark from "mudbytes.net" to "www.mudbytes.net" and I successfully logged in. I've had no problems with my other PC, and although I can't check it now I'll just bet I have "www.mudbytes.net" bookmarked. :-)
03 Feb, 2007, Fizban wrote in the 13th comment:
Yes, I do believe that was the issue, I just always typed mudbytes.net and would login, it'd say I was logged in, I'd hit continue which would link me to http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php? which I apparently wasn't logged to. I just typed www.mudbytes.net and the page loaded with me already logged on.
0.0/13