31 Jan, 2007, Guest wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Server02 will be offline over the weekend for hardware and software upgrades at Arthmoor. The downtime is not expected to last beyond that and at this time does not warrant running the server in temporary space.

For the curious, details on the upgraded: http://www.arthmoor.com/forum/index.php?...
03 Feb, 2007, Guest wrote in the 2nd comment:
It just occurred to me that the entire intermud.us domain was being resolved on my name servers, which of course will be down, so I've just gone in and changed the domain records with the registrar so that it will be resolved from here instead. Except this to cause a temporary connection problem if you are trying to get your mud connected while the transition takes place and my servers are down.

If I had remembered this 2 days ago it wouldn't matter now, but hey.
04 Feb, 2007, Guest wrote in the 3rd comment:
System upgrades at Arthmoor are underway. Server02 is now offline until this is completed. Intermitent DNS resolution on the intermud.us domain will likely result from this as it probably has not been long enough for the nameserver change to propagate.
04 Feb, 2007, Guest wrote in the 4th comment:
System upgrades on Arthmoor have been completed. However because the DNS nameserver change has not gone through yet, connection of Server02 is being delayed. When that goes into affect then hopefully things will return to normal.
04 Feb, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 5th comment:
Any idea on the time frame for this? It's kinda lonely by myself. :(

who

—————————|—-|–[ Sovereigns ]–|—-|————————

Vicarious [WED] Kayle Praecursoris [Co-Head of Tribunal Consortium]
1 player.

P.S. Quote seems to strip caps as that "WED" and "Co-Head of Tribunal Consortium"
04 Feb, 2007, Guest wrote in the 6th comment:
Not really, no. Seems the domain transfer is caught up in some kind of registrar limbo hell or something. Running a whois on intermud.us is showing it as inactive and I never told it to do that. Talon is still up though if you need your fix, I'm still in the process of cleaning up the leftover issues.

If this goes on for much longer then the IPs for the servers will work to connect. This is just a DNS problem.
05 Feb, 2007, Conner wrote in the 7th comment:
Gratz on the successful upgrade, Samson. If need be, will you be posting the IP's of the servers at intermud.us then?
How come Talen is still working? It's running on the same server as server03?
05 Feb, 2007, Guest wrote in the 8th comment:
IP addresses:

Server01: 209.190.9.170
Server02: 66.218.49.113
Server03: 75.126.10.196

Talon stays connected because it's on the same machine as the DNS server. The local lookup doesn't have to go to the net to get an answer.
05 Feb, 2007, Conner wrote in the 9th comment:
Well, I'm back to using server02 again (via direct IP) and it's working (on SBI too):smile:, good luck with resolving the DNS issues. Someone should smack registerfly in the head over this one. :sad:

Ah, had a feeling it was something like that. I take it that the imc servers use IP addresses rather than host names to connect to each other as well then.
0.0/9