24 Jul, 2009, Dubstack wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I would like to welcome you to the hiring forum of Dragon Ball Universe. We as a mud "Dragon Ball Universe" would like to ask for a leading hand in any builder who has exp in building on dragon ball mud's or base circle, and if you have zero exp we will teach you how to build.

We the mud "Dragon Ball Universe" are in a Gamma/Beta stage right now. Which means we are using a old code and fixing it up to be brand as a new mud, everything we are working towards is a new life for this old run out circle Dragon ball mud's we want to bring forth a new world, a new Universe hint the name of the mud.

Everything you will find is new or fresh if is old we will fix it up. If you log on now you can see what it will look be for we are done. We need beta tester to test out the mud for bugs/and typos (Every mud has a few).

When "WE" the mud "DBU" add something or edit it "WE" vote on it so everyone has a say in what goes into the mud (unless it just can't be add or it will void a move or bug the mud) or than those reason will be adding real life stuff as well just time will tell when we open for real. So please come test for us and apply to build for us as well.

I'm the owner, below is the host and port to log on, enjoy!

Host: zeno.biyg.org
Port: 1987
24 Jul, 2009, Igabod wrote in the 2nd comment:
So you go from wanting to make a final fantasy themed mud to making a dragon balls mud?

Glad to see you learned how to startup a mud, I had actually hoped you would join an already existing mud's staff and learn how to do basic programming before you went and started your own mud though.

You mentioned that you're in Gamma/Beta testing… which one is it? you can't be in both. Also, since you probably just started this mud up, you shouldn't really be in any testing phase cause there won't be anything except stock circle code plus a few minor additions at the most. A more accurate term is that you're in the development phase.

All the above aside, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. Even though I'm no fan of dragon balls I hope you find success with this mud.
24 Jul, 2009, Dean wrote in the 3rd comment:
He's not using stock circle, he's using the DBT code.
24 Jul, 2009, Dubstack wrote in the 4th comment:
Well you really can't call it DBT anymore Dean cause I took everything out that say dbt (Help files don't count cause I haven't got around to them) on top of it I am redoing all the zones. We will have a new learn system for skills, We are lowering the gains where you want get more than maybe 100 to 250 in max pl and ki per a level only if you get just divine unlike be for where you can become a uber god in like 5 days, we took out fishing, there is no roll over exp, We are adding a new make player into the mud where you will pick your skills from a list each skill has a setting so you can pick all the good attacks you my only pick 10 moves 5 small attacks 3 mid attacks 1 large attack and 1 room attack (Yep each race will have its on room attack).

Igabod what I mean by Gamma/beta is that the game has bugs/typo that belong to DBT While running the mud that is upload on here I found more warning and errors than anything the mud crashed when some drop 2 or any item or 2 of any mob and typed look (We the mud fixed that, so no one can log on and crash the mud.) Anyhow as I was saying Gamma is cause we are ripping out everything that is useless and unneeded, I personal think my mud is every good I have a small staff with me all ready and only 2 builders.

Come see us at the the Universe. Host and port are marked below
24 Jul, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 5th comment:
Well you really can't call it DBT anymore Dean cause I took everything out that say dbt

I don't mean to step on your ad here, but if you buy a
Ford and then remove all the Ford insignia, and add
comfy chairs and super sticky tires…it's still a Ford.

Proper credit and attribution is an important thing to the
mud developer community. Don't start out by making the
rookie mistake of appearing to claim more credit than
you're due.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
24 Jul, 2009, Dubstack wrote in the 6th comment:
Cratylus said:
Well you really can't call it DBT anymore Dean cause I took everything out that say dbt

I don't mean to step on your ad here, but if you buy a
Ford and then remove all the Ford insignia, and add
comfy chairs and super sticky tires…it's still a Ford.

Proper credit and attribution is an important thing to the
mud developer community. Don't start out by making the
rookie mistake of appearing to claim more credit than
you're due.

-Crat

Naw Crat you miss understood in the credits Iovan name is there but as far as dbt goes it not dbt the core is still circle the mud will not have anything of dbt when we are finish but in the credits Iovan name will be on there. Iovan log on last night to look at he didn't care we talk and laugh it was great anyhow your miss the point . lol I was trying to make is that The code that is in now has like 45% dbt in it only cause the building is slowly and the helpfiles need to be changed as well everything pretty much aint the same. O and about the ford if you buy a ford your paying for why would you take it off and redo it? Now if you where to buy a body of a ford and build your own engine with out using any parts from any other car (Custom parts from top to bottom that means the engine). Than I must say if I put all this time and work into a truck that I used custom parts and again From top to bottom counting the whole Engine and the only part from any car we will be using is the ford we paid for but we have do a whole custom parts for the bottom as well but as I said From top to bottom everything custom but the body of the ford. Than yeah it wouldn't be a ford it be a Ldub!
24 Jul, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 7th comment:
lol my bad lol
24 Jul, 2009, Dean wrote in the 8th comment:
Bless, I wasn't having a go at you Dubstack, I was pointing out that you were using the DBT code to Igabod (who thought you were using Stock Circle). When you say you have removed all DBT stuff other than helpfiles, are you talking code or zones? Cos if it's the latter, I sure felt quite nostalgic when I had a walk around before if you catch my drift. :lol:
24 Jul, 2009, Hades_Kane wrote in the 9th comment:
Cratylus said:
lol my bad lol

You amuse me Crat :)
24 Jul, 2009, Dubstack wrote in the 10th comment:
Dean said:
Bless, I wasn't having a go at you Dubstack, I was pointing out that you were using the DBT code to Igabod (who thought you were using Stock Circle). When you say you have removed all DBT stuff other than helpfiles, are you talking code or zones? Cos if it's the latter, I sure felt quite nostalgic when I had a walk around before if you catch my drift. :lol:

I have no idea what your talking about. Well more code than zones I'm just revamping earth….Well not so much revamping but changing everything about it keeping the old look was not good plus you start at West City Hotel if your human android bio-android halfbreed when we fully open each race name androids bio truffles which have partner race like human halfbreed and saiyan they will split up android and bio will recall in a different part of the mud on Earth as will Truffles on Vegeta West City has a new drop mob Great Saiyan Man he is pretty hard I rank him a 4 on hard drop mobs. You need to be 7m or higher to fight him. As we add the need stats and gains system in he will be weakened by pl and damage.

Sorry Guy's i just auto reflex to defend my mud it a good mud you should just log on to check it out. Host and port are below
24 Jul, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 11th comment:
I've never heard of a "gamma" phase before…
24 Jul, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 12th comment:
So have you removed all the areas? Or are you just making changes to them? If you're pretty much completely redoing them, I don't see a reason to bother keeping them. Start creating original areas instead.
24 Jul, 2009, Dubstack wrote in the 13th comment:
The 3rd letter of the Greek alphabet is Gamma This mud will have 3 stages Gamma is now the 3rd stage where life just starts Beta 2nd stage (teenage years) Alpha the first stage the final stage When we open for the world to play lol
24 Jul, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 14th comment:
You realize you're not using those terms in any kind of standard way, right? :rolleyes:
24 Jul, 2009, flumpy wrote in the 15th comment:
David Haley said:
You realize you're not using those terms in any kind of standard way, right? :rolleyes:

he might do well to read this
24 Jul, 2009, Xrakisis wrote in the 16th comment:
Doesnt alpha come before beta?
So if you just started your mud recently, then it would be alpha right?
But if you rewrote/added 55% of the code than i would say maybie not alpha?

lol I was trying to make is that The code that is in now has like 45% dbt in it only cause the building is slowly and the helpfiles need to be changed as well everything pretty much aint the same.
24 Jul, 2009, Dubstack wrote in the 17th comment:
45% meaning the 30% is basic building 10% is coding and 5% is bugs and copyright stuff that has to be edit so we don't get into trouble. Anyhow Gamma beta alpha is life wouldn't it be the last stage if you are creating something. wouldn't the gamma will say is the start the cells more less beta is the new born fetus and when the baby is born is that not alpha?
24 Jul, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 18th comment:
Dubstack said:
Anyhow Gamma beta alpha is life wouldn't it be the last stage if you are creating something. wouldn't the gamma will say is the start the cells more less beta is the new born fetus and when the baby is born is that not alpha?

In backward world alpha is the last thing.

In normal world alpha is the first thing.

"From alpha to omega" means from first to last.

-Crat
24 Jul, 2009, Xrakisis wrote in the 19th comment:
I think what 45 percent of the stock mud is the same means to the rest of us, is that 55 percent of your mud was added by you..
24 Jul, 2009, Xrakisis wrote in the 20th comment:
I wouldnt edit copyright stuff, i think previous copyright holders tend to frown upon that sort of thing.
0.0/227