25 Jan, 2007, Tyche wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I keep getting requests for the old mud-dev mail list archives, since I moved my site offline. Is there interest in having them in the code repository here, and if so where ought I upload them?
25 Jan, 2007, Conner wrote in the 2nd comment:
Sure, it's mud related and adds to the file count, why not? :wink:

The "web related" category seems appropriate to me. *shrug*
25 Jan, 2007, Guest wrote in the 3rd comment:
What form are the archives in at the moment? Are they in a database or something that could be entered into a database? Or are they just archived as a zip file of text messages? Either way I'm sure we can find some way to accommodate it.
25 Jan, 2007, Tyche wrote in the 4th comment:
Zipped files of the mailman html output by year-quarter, indexed by thread/author/date (1996-~2001). I would not think they are amenable to reentry into a database without writing some sort of parser.
25 Jan, 2007, Guest wrote in the 5th comment:
That's fine. Go ahead and upload it to the web related category for now and we'll see what we can come up with to parse them into a more DB friendly form.
25 Jan, 2007, Conner wrote in the 6th comment:
You know, between Samson, Davion, and Kiasyn, I'll bet you nearly even odds that they'll be able to write up a parser for it in very little time. :wink:

All three of them seem pretty good at dealing with php and mysql and BBCode parsers and such, I'd imagine this shouldn't be much harder.
25 Jan, 2007, Justice wrote in the 7th comment:
Depending on how uniform the html is, regex should be able to handle it easily. If it's valid XHTML, you can simply load it using any xml parser.
25 Jan, 2007, Conner wrote in the 8th comment:
See, should be practically cake for these guys. :wink:
08 Feb, 2007, Idealiad wrote in the 9th comment:
hey guys, someone has put mud-dev on a forum:

http://muddev.wishes.net/

Maybe that forum could be mirrored here?
08 Feb, 2007, Guest wrote in the 10th comment:
Nice. If the operators are willing to provide the DB dump for that forum, converting it to work here would be super easy.
0.0/10