13 Jul, 2009, Omega wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hey everyone.

Allot of you know me, some more then others. Recently, my life has taken a turn for the not-so-good. And I have been forced to make some changes in my life.

So you understand why I'm about to do what I'm doing, I'll explain.

3 years ago, I got married, 2 years ago, I had a kid, 3 weeks ago, my wife admitted to a 3 month+ long affair with a coworker of mine. A man I called friend. She requested a divorce, and has since moved out of my house, with my son, and moved into her new boyfriends house.

I've been with my wife a total of 7 years, 4 years dating, 3 years married, life was, as I thought, good. But due to the recent events, it would appear that I was the only one who was under that impression. And because of that, I have chosen to change my life, my divorce is going through the courts now, very slowly at that, and as it happens to be, once it is finalized, my life will never be the same again.

So with that said, changes are needed in my life. I work 7 days on, 5 days off, shifting days, eves, and mids, all within a 7 day cycle. During my 5 days off, I will have my son, this takes all my time that I once dedicated partially (usually when my son was sleeping and my wife was doing other things such as watching tv shows that I cannot stand) to the mudding community, aswell as other side-projects. But my son will always, and foremost, come first.

So it is with that said, that I announce my retirement from mudding. The shutting down of my mud CombatMud, and me no longer supporting my snippets.

Simply put, life has changed, and I must adapt.

This is not the only thing that I have chosen to cut from my life, but it is the only thing that I have been part of for the better half of 19 years.

I will miss all of you, I love you all, you have been my friends, my family, my allies, and even my enemies at times. But as always, I have always respected the lot of you, the good, and the bad. You have helped me when I've needed it, and I've tried to help you when you've needed it. Thought we all haven't seen things eye to eye in the past, all of you have had some level of impact on my life. From helping me learn C, to adapting to C++, to learning Ruby, Lua, to helping me out when things went wrong in my personal life (excluding my marriage), being there when my mom passed, this community has always been there for me. And I thank you all.

I wish all of you the best of luck in your mudding lives, and the most important of all, the most happiness in your personal lives that one can possibly have.

I will never forget you, you have made my life, so much richer for being a part of it.

Cheers.

David Simmerson. Aka. Darien
13 Jul, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 2nd comment:
That sucks. I'm sorry to hear things hit the shitter.

You might want to hang on to the relaxing hobbies you have, though. If you
enjoyed coding and stuff, having those things still handy can help you get
your mind off stuff until you start feeling better.

Hope things turn for the better soon.

-Crat
13 Jul, 2009, Idealiad wrote in the 3rd comment:
Crat speaks some wisdom there.

Regardless, I've always enjoyed your contributions to the mudding community Darien and followed your projects with interest. Best wishes to you, man.
13 Jul, 2009, Davion wrote in the 4th comment:
That is truly sad Darien! You have my deepest sympathy. I'll never forget my time on Sandstorm :). If you ever want to come back, I've got server space for you.
13 Jul, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 5th comment:
It sucks to hear about something like this happening to someone in our community. Especially to someone who's played a rather large role in that community. Your presence here on MudBytes, and on the IMC channels will be missed, and I wish you the best of luck in whatever hobbies you choose to take up from here on.
13 Jul, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 6th comment:
Sorry to hear that Darien, hopefully things will make a turn for the better for you eventually.
13 Jul, 2009, Guest wrote in the 7th comment:
That really sucks dude. I hope everything works out for the best in the end. We'll miss you.
13 Jul, 2009, Banner wrote in the 8th comment:
Sucks to hear that Darien. I hope things look up for you in the future, good luck and best wishes.
13 Jul, 2009, Runter wrote in the 9th comment:
gg gl
13 Jul, 2009, Sandi wrote in the 10th comment:
Darien, my heart goes out to you….

and you will be missed. :cry: :cry:
13 Jul, 2009, Kline wrote in the 11th comment:
Rough landing… :( It's good to be able to re-prioritize, though, as a lot of people don't have the will to put down hobbies/leisure for the things that matter most (family). I feel bad for your situation, but you're a good man for knowing where you need to cut back to spend time with your son.
13 Jul, 2009, Hades_Kane wrote in the 12th comment:
I'm very sorry to hear this for you. I don't think we've had a whole lot of exchanges with one another over the years, but still, my heart goes out to you.

My live-in girlfriend of the last 4 years left me yesterday, she was my life… and while I'm not comparing that to a marriage with a son involved, I have a particular bit of empathy for you as a result of what I'm going through right now.

Stay strong.
13 Jul, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 13th comment:
Sorry to hear that. Hope things look up. Same to you D.
13 Jul, 2009, Mabus wrote in the 14th comment:
Life comes first. Have to be there for your child.

Wishing you the best of outcomes for a terribly emotionally distressing situation.

Thank you for all you have done for the community. Drop on back when life permits.
13 Jul, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 15th comment:
Ouch. Best of luck, man.
0.0/15