06 Jul, 2009, Runter wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Try Ruby in your Browser.

This actually uses IRB (Interactive Ruby Shell.) and it's web based with a tutorial.
06 Jul, 2009, Kline wrote in the 2nd comment:
Thanks, this is actually pretty interesting and a very good way to learn some basics…Having fun killing time on it on my hotel right now :).
12 Jul, 2009, Runter wrote in the 3rd comment:
It's not currently working. Emailed the admin. It's not just you for whoever gets the gateway error. :P
12 Jul, 2009, Metsuro wrote in the 4th comment:
Whats with you and trying to push ruby on me, had you gotten me before I got interested in Lua I might have given it a try.
12 Jul, 2009, Runter wrote in the 5th comment:
I'll come climb through your window to pitch it to you if I have to.
12 Jul, 2009, Tyche wrote in the 6th comment:
Runter said:
I'll come climb through your window to pitch it to you if I have to.

12 Jul, 2009, Chris Bailey wrote in the 7th comment:
Rofl @ Tyche =)
12 Jul, 2009, Metsuro wrote in the 8th comment:
So what really is so great about ruby really? Why might I a novice at this all, want to give ruby a shot? Or is this something you might want to learn something like C or C++ before learning?
12 Jul, 2009, Davion wrote in the 9th comment:
A novice might want to learn it to add another tool to their slim toolbox ;). Because Ruby is a high level language, you can (most likely) get more done in less time, with less work and debugging. It can't hurt to try to learn a new language at all! Instead you should ask yourself "Why shouldn't I learn this language?".
12 Jul, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 10th comment:
<html>                                                                  
<head><title>502 Bad Gateway</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>502 Bad Gateway</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx/0.7.59</center>
</body>
</html>

I don't think it's working atm
12 Jul, 2009, Runter wrote in the 11th comment:
Metsuro said:
So what really is so great about ruby really? Why might I a novice at this all, want to give ruby a shot? Or is this something you might want to learn something like C or C++ before learning?

Ruby Sparkles.

I'll spare you an essay on all the features, but I'll try to give you a few convincing reasons at a glance:

1. It's relevant. This is a choice language to get involved in for many personal projects including scripts, bots, servers, clients, web development, and even solid GUI development.
2. It's elegant. You'll find yourself writing solid code with minimal effort in this language. This incidentally makes it easier to learn, and in my experience more fun.
3. It's highly portable, extendable, and powerful.
4. There's plenty of support within the mudding community with tutors/mentors and resources available.

There's quite a few of us willing to offer any help we can to see you become successful.

edit: Oh, and if we're talking about muds in specific–Ruby offers great string handling with native regular expression support.
12 Jul, 2009, Runter wrote in the 12th comment:
Ssolvarain said:
I don't think it's working atm

My apologies. It isn't working currently. :(

I offer this link for a decent online bo...
12 Jul, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 13th comment:
Thanks.

A listing of websites like that in an article might not be a bad idea.
12 Jul, 2009, Kline wrote in the 14th comment:
www.rubylearning.org if it hasn't been mentioned before.
13 Jul, 2009, Runter wrote in the 15th comment:
22 Sep, 2009, Runter wrote in the 16th comment:
New home for the interactive tutorial. It's not maintained by some more interested parties. Thought I'd update the thread for anyone looking for it.

Oh, and now 1.9.
23 Feb, 2010, Runter wrote in the 17th comment:
Link once again broken.

Try Ruby in your browser.
0.0/17