07 Jun, 2006, Hades_Kane wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I was just curious, not really requesting or anything, if there are plans to eventually have either a database for MUD Listings, or if there may be forums dedicated toward promotion or recruiting staff, etc.

If not, that's fine :p This site will be a great help to those of us who wish to either contribute code or download some while avoiding the oppressive nature of some other sites.
07 Jun, 2006, Omega wrote in the 2nd comment:
That is a good idea, mud lists, request for/promotions of…

Since this site is in a big boom (points at samson and the crew behind it)

I wouldn't doubt that it is on the todo list, and if not, then it most likely will be.

Because, i know these guys, they don't like not having all the features (prods afkmud) If it can have a feature, its usualy done.

So i send out my prod to samson the crew behind mudbyte to add a mud-list and other cool things of the sort.

Hades_Kane and myself want coolness!

(cracks whip)

Uhhh.. Please?
08 Jun, 2006, Zeno wrote in the 3rd comment:
When discussed early on, they/we didn't really want to do a MUD list.
08 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 4th comment:
Still doesn't hurt to mention it again. It actually might be a good idea if they can find someone willing to make sure the listings are up to date, and dead MUDs are purged. I've found TMC's listings to be very innacurate.
08 Jun, 2006, Darmond wrote in the 5th comment:
yes it might be a good idea actually especially since from the sounds of it certain places are not doing a good job of listing muds ( places i myself once used ) so maybe at least giving them a run for there money might benefit this sight
08 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 6th comment:
Actually, when this project was first proposed, that was one of the things that was suggested, but the majority at the time weren't in favor, some of us still are and have made that known already. However, that being said, I'll also state that for my part, I'm satisfied with Vladaar's new site standing in for the purpose because my mud happens to be smaug based, but I still also think it wouldn't hurt the community in any way for us to have a mud list as well. If Samson decides to let us, he already knows that my mud will be listed as soon as I know that it's become an option. ;)
08 Jun, 2006, Davion wrote in the 7th comment:
In general, we don't have any plans for a mud listing. We'll keep this idea in mind though, thanks!
08 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 8th comment:
But even you must admit that it was one of the suggestions I'd pushed for when this site was still in it's earliest phases of inception, and at the time it seemed like the rest of our little band wasn't interested in establishing a mud listing section. In some ways I still think we should have, but as then I will still cede to the majority since I can still get my mud listing accomplished at Vladaar's new site instead. It just benefit as wide an audience this way since he's only catering to those of us running smaug based muds. *shrug*
08 Jun, 2006, Hades_Kane wrote in the 9th comment:
I anticipated that it wasn't being planned, but I thought I would ask anyway :)
10 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 10th comment:
Apparently it may eventually be added, but for now we're trying to hold the focus to the repository. *shrug*
10 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 11th comment:
Speaking of which, I have my thirteenth snippet about ready to release. It's a player-owned channel system for (obviously) ROM. Fun stuff.
10 Jun, 2006, Hades_Kane wrote in the 12th comment:
Yeah, probably would be best to focus right now. I plan on being pretty active around here, so hopefully by the time the MUD Listing stuff would be ready, my MUD will be ready to list :p
10 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 13th comment:
Heh, same here. And as my MUD progresses I'll have more and more code to release here, though it's a pain to make it plug right into ROM sometimes.
10 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 14th comment:
My mud's already open so I look for every listing opportunity I can get, though I'm not big on posting player/staff wanteds in forums myself.. and I have only written one snippet to date, but I'm trying to stay an active and contributing member of the community as well as I can, so expect more snippets eventually.. but I'd be happy to help out with the listings side if there's something I can do that needs to be done for it.. assuming Samson decides to go ahead with it afterall. ;)
14 Jun, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 15th comment:
I have a question… Why does it not show Conner online when I know he is cause I am watching him post?
14 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 16th comment:
It shows Conner online to me:
Users Online:

Conner, Justice, Zeno, Aidan

members: 4
guests: 2
14 Jun, 2006, Justice wrote in the 17th comment:
Timing I'd imagine. The users online only reflects users that have loaded a page in the last few minutes. Been watching people blink in and out all night…
14 Jun, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 18th comment:
Users Online:

Dragona, Justice, Zeno, Aidan

members: 4
guests: 2

and see I show me but not you… *shrug* wonder if it is going by ip or somethign and we show up as the same thing…

We are posting at the same time I can see him computer from here…
14 Jun, 2006, Justice wrote in the 19th comment:
Possibly, just refreshed like… every second or so for a bit and watched it swap back and forth from Conner to Dragona a couple of times.
14 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 20th comment:
Justice said:
Timing I'd imagine. The users online only reflects users that have loaded a page in the last few minutes. Been watching people blink in and out all night…

While that'd make sense, I'm more inclined to think it's not showing her to me and me to her because, like she said, we're at the same external IP so it's showing each of us ourselves but not the other. Because even if we actually try to refresh the page at the same instance we still find it shows us the same list but with her name on her screen and my name on my screen.
0.0/23