30 Jun, 2009, Dubstack wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hello my name is Larry and I own a mud call "Final Fantasy Evolution". Seen how am trying to get you to work for me I will start out by giving you the basic outline of our mud. We at FFE want to being a large mapout Final Fantasy mud based off the whole world of Final Fantasy I want to add in 20+ races every class in FF I want to add it into the mud, plus job's such as (Alchemist,Miner,fishermen.) as well. I have a system in my head and will tell you more about it. I need 1 Coder who can do the following; Code map, add world map, add in hedit,make a who, normal coding stuff like adding skills,races,class,jobs,etc. I pretty much need a good coder exp a most, 1 year a most under any exp. Email to Shadowdemonz@aol.com Topic App for Coding/Final Fantasy Evo so I know not to delete it. All so you my message me on here with pm.

If your looking to build you must know how to map out a mud. pm for more
30 Jun, 2009, Runter wrote in the 2nd comment:
I must say. You're a God among word-smiths. You are the perfect spokesperson for your mud. Keep up the good work. I'm sure you'll find a quality programmer in no time at all!

Best of luck,
Ret
30 Jun, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 3rd comment:
K, well, Runter beat me to it, so I guess I'll reply nicely since he already took the jackass approach…

First off, I'd like to point out that with that many grammatical and spelling errors, you're not going to find many people willing to take you seriously.

Secondly, I'm also going to toss a recommendation out there to check out this wonderful little letter that Cratylus has written up: Crat's Letter.

Thirdly, Read that letter.
30 Jun, 2009, Runter wrote in the 4th comment:
Don't listen to Kayle. Keep up the good work.
30 Jun, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 5th comment:
Larry,

Don't let the h8rs get u down bro. Remember how they were all like
"man yer sig sux" but I was like "cool sig bro"? I getcha, buddy, and I
wish you the best of luck.

Runter here's just mad at how hard I pwnt him on imc2 (an intermud
pk arena) and he's taking it out on the first newcomer he sees. Don't
take it personal.

And kayle…well…it's kayle.

Anyway, good luck with yer mud, man, and let the h8rs slide off yer back.

-Crat
30 Jun, 2009, Zenn wrote in the 6th comment:
Seriously, guys, get off his back. Not everyone has a proper grasp of English. I'd like to see any of you (even if you kind of knew Spanish) go into a Spanish webforum and attempt to talk to them. You'd get laughed at, most certainly.

That or they would understand and leave you alone..

Larry: Having someone proofreading your advertisement or using a spellchecker (They're built into most browsers now) would be great, and give a better impression of your skills. While good grammar in postsmay not actually reflect on your ability, people think it does regardless of if it does or not.

- Zenn
30 Jun, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 7th comment:
Zenn said:
Seriously, guys, get off his back. Not everyone has a proper grasp of English. I'd like to see any of you (even if you kind of knew Spanish) go into a Spanish webforum and attempt to talk to them. You'd get laughed at, most certainly.

That or they would understand and leave you alone..

Larry: Having someone proofreading your advertisement or using a spellchecker (They're built into most browsers now) would be great, and give a better impression of your skills. While good grammar in postsmay not actually reflect on your ability, people think it does regardless of if it does or not.

- Zenn

How did you know he's a Spanish speaker? I think you're being quite rude suggesting
my man here is a non-native English speaker. I'd like you to get off his back, please.

-Crat
30 Jun, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 8th comment:
Zenn said:

I wasn't trying to climb on his back. I was politely pointing out that when trying to enlist the aid of others, a good first impression is key. Having a ton of grammar and spelling errors isn't going to make a good impression. And if any of you bothered to read that letter I linked to, you'd find it's full of a ton of good information. Besides, Zenn, You turned around and did the same thing you were berating us for.
30 Jun, 2009, Skol wrote in the 9th comment:
I'd like to order a side of awesome sauce.
30 Jun, 2009, Banner wrote in the 10th comment:
Wasn't this the guy with the super huge picture that refused to shrink it?
30 Jun, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 11th comment:
I believe so. Although, it got Davion to implement the image resizing stuff. :P

01 Jul, 2009, Dubstack wrote in the 12th comment:
Rofl umm am full white I know english I just can't type am bad at spelling and I went to a school for crooks and retards I got know learn!
01 Jul, 2009, Dubstack wrote in the 13th comment:
All right. Being for real I need a coder, who will help me with my code. I just want a simple little basic mud with real life stuff you have to do. not hard just got to log on do your coding into the system and I speak English. I am not a Mexican!
01 Jul, 2009, Runter wrote in the 14th comment:
The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plains.
01 Jul, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 15th comment:
I am not a Mexican!

Do you think that if you were, we would throw you out of the community or something…?
01 Jul, 2009, kiasyn wrote in the 16th comment:
David Haley said:
I am not a Mexican!

Do you think that if you were, we would throw you out of the community or something…?

He's merely setting the facts straight, no racism here. Don't flamebait.
01 Jul, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 17th comment:
That wasn't flamebaiting, tyvm. It seemed that he was trying to make quite a point of it – "full white" etc. – more than simply stating a fact.
01 Jul, 2009, kiasyn wrote in the 18th comment:
Honestly. Zenn implied he spoke spanish and I assume spanish for most people from the US means Mexico so he is quite within his rights to say hes not a mexican.
01 Jul, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 19th comment:
Dubstack said:
I am not a Mexican!

LOL don't worry bro, it was just Zenn who was being all weird
about that. Nobody else questions you being a full white american.

So, let's say I'm an awesome coder, and I like Final Fantasy.

Let's say I come across your post. In your post you say this:

I need 1 Coder who can do the following; Code map, add world map, add in hedit,make a who, normal coding stuff like adding skills,races,class,jobs,etc.

That tells me you don't know how to do a thing on your own mud,
other than maybe log in.

Why should I code you a mud, when I can just code my own FF mud?

That's the question you need to answer, if you want a coder to help you.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
01 Jul, 2009, Zenn wrote in the 20th comment:
Dubstack said:
All right. Being for real I need a coder, who will help me with my code. I just want a simple little basic mud with real life stuff you have to do. not hard just got to log on do your coding into the system and I speak English. I am not a Mexican!

I wasn't really saying you were Spanish, I was just using that as an example to defend you from the grammar Nazis.

Heh.

- Zenn
0.0/95