16 Jun, 2009, ATT_Turan wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I downloaded and installed the imc2_freedom_cl22 code into my MUD, and for the most part it works (insofar as it successfully compiles and hasn't broken my game). However, I do have some questions and problems…

1) The installation instructions say I should place the imc.channels file into my imc directory; the tarball didn't have this file. Is this an outdated instruction from a previous version, or is the file missing?

2) I haven't touched the imc.who template from the default that came with the code, and I see in my logs that imcfread_word encounters an EOF when trying to read it - is this to be expected for some reason with the default file, or is there something wrong I need to twink in there?

3) I can't use any imc commands in my game. I correctly installed the code into my Merc derivative command interpreter to call imc_command_hook and I've verified that that function is actually being called, but it never finds and runs a command. Is this a known issue of any kind, or do I have to start stepping through the function?

Thanks for any help that is rendered unto me!
16 Jun, 2009, Jamdog wrote in the 2nd comment:
ATT_Turan said:
I downloaded and installed the imc2_freedom_cl22 code into my MUD, and for the most part it works (insofar as it successfully compiles and hasn't broken my game). However, I do have some questions and problems…

1) The installation instructions say I should place the imc.channels file into my imc directory; the tarball didn't have this file. Is this an outdated instruction from a previous version, or is the file missing?

2) I haven't touched the imc.who template from the default that came with the code, and I see in my logs that imcfread_word encounters an EOF when trying to read it - is this to be expected for some reason with the default file, or is there something wrong I need to twink in there?

3) I can't use any imc commands in my game. I correctly installed the code into my Merc derivative command interpreter to call imc_command_hook and I've verified that that function is actually being called, but it never finds and runs a command. Is this a known issue of any kind, or do I have to start stepping through the function?

Thanks for any help that is rendered unto me!

1) My patch for tbaMUD has the imc.channels file - just extract it from here

2) Try the one in my patch above - I've not had this problem with it…

3) What 'merc-derivative' codebase are you using? This may help to narrow down the problem if someone with the same codebase has had the same problem?
16 Jun, 2009, Guest wrote in the 3rd comment:
1. The channels file should be auto-generated on your first connection to the network. Those instructions are a bit dated and I've not done anything to that code in a long time now :)

2. The template file is probably messed up. Wouldn't surprise me. Guess that needs to go on the glitch list.

3. If you can't use any commands, you may need to double check the level settings in your imc.config file and make sure they're not too high for your particular setup. If they are then it won't have set your permissions properly to be able to use anything.
16 Jun, 2009, ATT_Turan wrote in the 4th comment:
Jamdog said:
1) My patch for tbaMUD has the imc.channels file - just extract it from here

2) Try the one in my patch above - I've not had this problem with it…

3) What 'merc-derivative' codebase are you using? This may help to narrow down the problem if someone with the same codebase has had the same problem?

1) Thanks!

2) Same problem.

3) Godwars, it was…one of the LoW's. IMCMERC is defined and the user input is being passed off to the command interpreter in imc.c, does it matter at that point? I've yet to read through the function to see if I can find where the command isn't being matched up to my input…
17 Jun, 2009, ATT_Turan wrote in the 5th comment:
Samson said:
1. The channels file should be auto-generated on your first connection to the network. Those instructions are a bit dated and I've not done anything to that code in a long time now :)

2. The template file is probably messed up. Wouldn't surprise me. Guess that needs to go on the glitch list.

3. If you can't use any commands, you may need to double check the level settings in your imc.config file and make sure they're not too high for your particular setup. If they are then it won't have set your permissions properly to be able to use anything.

Thanks Samson - I actually didn't notice your reply until now, I must've been typing my reply to Jamdog. The problem was indeed setting the levels in imc.config and then editing the permission level in my player file. I didn't notice the instructions mentioning anything about that, so I guess I just figured the code would somehow dynamically figure it all out… :redface:

It works now, though, and I am about to connect for the first time. What a momentous occasion!
17 Jun, 2009, ATT_Turan wrote in the 6th comment:
I set the connection information for the MudBytes server, and it did correctly configure my various channels - however, I then received:
IMC: Invalid authentication response received from version!!
IMC: Data received: Client version is unsupported.

and the connection closed. I saw in imcconfig fields for a server password, but none was listed on MudBytes - the Freedom CL-2.2 code appears to be the most recent in the repository, is it not compatible with the MudBytes server?
17 Jun, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 7th comment:
The client password, and server password are only used for your specific mud. So if you wanted to do something like g0dwarsr00ls or something for your passwords, that's entirely your prerogative. Depending on which server you were connecting to, I can have a look at the logs and see what was going on, were you connecting to Server01 or Server02?
17 Jun, 2009, ATT_Turan wrote in the 8th comment:
Server 01.
17 Jun, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 9th comment:
Unfortunately, we'll have to wait for Davion to be around to check those logs, as I'm Server02's Admin and only have remote access to Server01 via the network.
17 Jun, 2009, ATT_Turan wrote in the 10th comment:
Kayle said:
Unfortunately, we'll have to wait for Davion to be around to check those logs, as I'm Server02's Admin and only have remote access to Server01 via the network.

Well, I just tried to connect to Server02 with the exact same results, so how's about 'dem apples?
17 Jun, 2009, Davion wrote in the 11th comment:
If your MUD is called Ahtara, then it's failing on your plain text password. I'd change/set it to something as Kayle suggested. I might have to remove you first though. Lemme know if changing it helped. If not I'll see if I can figure out enough of this IMC thing to reset it for you :).
17 Jun, 2009, ATT_Turan wrote in the 12th comment:
My MUD is Death's Sanctuary. I have a feeling it might be a problem with those client/server password fields? I tried changing them to empty strings (a pair of quotes "" ), and instead of the invalid authentication/client version messages from before, I'm now getting
IMC: Server02: Invalid 'reject' response. Autosetup failed.
IMC: Data received: autosetup Server02 reject data format

What can I put in those fields to make them work?
17 Jun, 2009, Davion wrote in the 13th comment:
…I thought you said you were connecting to server01?
17 Jun, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 14th comment:
Sever02 said:
Wed Jun 17 10:50:33 2009 :: *.*.*.*[21]: malformed autosetup command received from Deaths_Sanctuary
Wed Jun 17 10:50:33 2009 :: *.*.*.*[21]: closing link

Something about the autosetup packet you're sending isn't right. Try setting the passwords, and attempting to connect to Server02 again.
17 Jun, 2009, ATT_Turan wrote in the 15th comment:
Kayle said:
Sever02 said:
Wed Jun 17 10:50:33 2009 :: *.*.*.*[21]: malformed autosetup command received from Deaths_Sanctuary
Wed Jun 17 10:50:33 2009 :: *.*.*.*[21]: closing link

Something about the autosetup packet you're sending isn't right. Try setting the passwords, and attempting to connect to Server02 again.

Setting them to what?

Davion, I've been trying both since Kayle offered to help debug before you got around :)
17 Jun, 2009, Davion wrote in the 16th comment:
xxx@mudbytes logs $ grep Deaths_Sanctuary *.log
xxx@mudbytes logs $

Liar!!!
17 Jun, 2009, Guest wrote in the 17th comment:
ATT_Turan said:
Kayle said:

Setting them to what?

Set them to anything you want, the fact that you even need the second one is a holdover from the old days of yore when the protocol actually used them for something different. I'd have to go look and see what exactly a malformed packet response means. It's been a very long time since one of those happened. You aren't trying to send passwords or name settings with spaces in them are you?
17 Jun, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 18th comment:
It was indeed the spaces, but this has since been rectified, and he was able to get on the network.
0.0/18