27 May, 2009, Valo wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I am trying to add a +bbnext command to the Myrddin's Global BBS v4.0.6 code for MUX 2.7.4.25, but I am unsure on how to do it. If anyone could help me out with this, it would be most appreciated. My players are wanting this code added.
27 May, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 2nd comment:
Can you be a little more specific for those of us who aren't familiar with what a +bbnext command would do or what Myrddin's Global BBS does?
27 May, 2009, Valo wrote in the 3rd comment:
Myrddin's Global BBS is a Bulletin Board System that a majority of MU*s use as the main Bulletin Board.

The +bbnext command is a command that players can type that will automatically show the next unread message without having to type +bbread <board #>/<message #>.
27 May, 2009, Sandi wrote in the 4th comment:
Please post questions such as this in the Tiny folder.

If you post unstructured, inline code here, David might get heartburn. :wink:
28 May, 2009, Sandi wrote in the 5th comment:
Okay, what you want to do is take +bbscan and rework it so instead of showing a list to the player, it simply makes a list of unread posts, then use first() on this list and send it to +bbread. For efficiency, have it check the first board, send posts, then the second board, send post, etc., rather than scan all boards each time. I'd make it take an optioal board argument, so you can just read from boards you're interested in.
28 May, 2009, xxa wrote in the 6th comment:
0.0/6