26 May, 2009, Runter wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hello there.

I've found myself bored lately and with free time. If anyone has a convincing pitch for a project to work on and needs an expert coder please contact me.

A little bit about myself–
Been programming for a long time. Been game designing for a long time.

Love systems programming. Interested in simple games. Interested in projects from scratch.

Interested in genre emulation. (Games from the past redesigned for multiplayer, etc.)

Prefer futuristic and medieval RPG genre.
Interested in PVP works.

Also if you have an established game and find yourself needing help with modifications or streamlining, contact me.

Aim: JeffreyBasurto
MSN: a_beautiful_paradigm@live.com
26 May, 2009, Sandi wrote in the 2nd comment:
I have a few of things I'm working on that might appeal to you.

One is the DeepMUD code base (Merc/ROM). Anyone else would call it "done", and have released it by now, but I'm a perfectionist. I also know my limits. Aside from finding any serious stupidities on my part, it needs better OLC and and I've never found the time to make the mob AI more than rudimentary (yes, my mobs have emotions!). (see my sig, 'help email' if I'm not on.)

I'm also working on HSpace, a 3D space system for PennMUSH: mindgames-studio.com 4201

And, I'm putting together a team to create a DIKU-style combat system for MUSH/MUX servers. Why? Because MUSH servers are extremely mature and I see no point in re-inventing the wheel, and "mushcode" walks all over any "prog" code. Having done the Dikurivitive thing for ten years, I think it's smarter than starting from scratch while avoiding the dreaded license and still getting to "do it right" from the beginning.
26 May, 2009, Skol wrote in the 3rd comment:
Good to see you around again Runter!
26 May, 2009, Kline wrote in the 4th comment:
Welcome back, guy. For anybody who doesn't know Runter, he's great at what he does. You'd be a fool not to tap him for help while he's offering it :).
03 Jun, 2009, Frenze wrote in the 5th comment:
heh well if your interested you could help out with my latest project, wilderness for tbamud! heh drop me a line if at all interested :)
03 Jun, 2009, JSC_Juggalo wrote in the 6th comment:
Im just gonna make this short and simple for you so if your not interested I don't waste any of your time. I am in need of a head coder, With only me working on this stock code it can be a long time before my mud can even think about seeing beta. Forever Fantasy is a RoT code base in dire need of fixing up. Please message me on here if you have any questions or logg onto Forever Fantasy at

loohosting.com

I am usually logged on around 5pm EST.
Thank you for your Time
Rayvn
03 Jun, 2009, flumpy wrote in the 7th comment:
if you need something more unrefined to work on I need help creating a demo mud for groovy mud…

lots of things to do!

http://code.google.com/p/groovymud

EDIT: Heck, I need help with just about everything..
04 Jun, 2009, Midboss wrote in the 8th comment:
Oh shit, it's Runter.
04 Jun, 2009, Frenze wrote in the 9th comment:
Oh shit! it's Dr. Tran!
05 Jun, 2009, Runter wrote in the 10th comment:
flumpy said:
if you need something more unrefined to work on I need help creating a demo mud for groovy mud…

lots of things to do!

http://code.google.com/p/groovymud

EDIT: Heck, I need help with just about everything..

Yeah, I'm kinda only interested in Ruby atm. I've heard good things about groovy though.
05 Jun, 2009, Runter wrote in the 11th comment:
Frenze said:
heh well if your interested you could help out with my latest project, wilderness for tbamud! heh drop me a line if at all interested :)

Shoot me a message on aim or msn some time. I'll be more than glad to help if it's in C/C++, ruby, python, or (doubtfully) perl.

Even if it's in some other language I can probably give you tips. I've worked on quite a few wilderness systems.
05 Jun, 2009, Skol wrote in the 12th comment:
Speaking of those… is there a wilderness system that plugs into RoM? I always wondered.
Sometimes there are those between areas that it would be really nice to NOT build ;p.
05 Jun, 2009, Runter wrote in the 13th comment:
Skol said:
Speaking of those… is there a wilderness system that plugs into RoM? I always wondered.
Sometimes there are those between areas that it would be really nice to NOT build ;p.

I'm not sure. I *think* I've seen wilderness snippets at times on this site. I don't know if they will plug straight in or not.
05 Jun, 2009, Skol wrote in the 14th comment:
I hear you, it's one of the things I remember people always talking about, but I never remembered seeing a 'get wilderness_12.c' or such. Might be a great addition for the RaM project though, allow worlds to be built with the main areas, then wilderness between etc.

I think I've only used a handful of snips over the years, but that's one that I wouldn't mind not having to reinvent heh. Although I'm sure I'd hack the heck out of any I found making it into the version I want. I'm sure I'll have to knuckle down and just write my own heh ;D
05 Jun, 2009, Runter wrote in the 15th comment:
Skol said:
I hear you, it's one of the things I remember people always talking about, but I never remembered seeing a 'get wilderness_12.c' or such. Might be a great addition for the RaM project though, allow worlds to be built with the main areas, then wilderness between etc.

I think I've only used a handful of snips over the years, but that's one that I wouldn't mind not having to reinvent heh. Although I'm sure I'd hack the heck out of any I found making it into the version I want. I'm sure I'll have to knuckle down and just write my own heh ;D

I think they're pretty easy really. There's more than one way to do it but arrays with x/y coordinate is by far the most popular. I'm working on a codebase in Ruby with Chris Bailey that's coming along nicely and I think it'll include that tool by default.
0.0/15