18 May, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
I wouldn't worry about crawlers that are implemented so poorly that they can't handle a connection sending stuff to them and then closing. It almost sounds nonsensical to even say such a thing.

BTW, "Futuristic" as a genre doesn't sound like the same thing as "Science Fiction" to me, although I would agree that Star Wars is science fiction, not merely futuristic.
18 May, 2009, Banner wrote in the 22nd comment:
Scandum said:
Cratylus said:
I would expect crawlers to be written in order to accommodate muds that prefer to close connections once the point of the connection is satisfied.

So would I. It's not all that big of an issue.

Banner said:
Nevermind, fixed it.

I took a peek at your implementation's mssp values and saw a couple of errors:

FAMILY SWR – This should be DikuMUD
GENRE Futuristic – This should be Science Fiction
GAMEPLAY Roleplay – This should be Roleplaying

It's important to get these values right so mud listings can accurately categorize muds, if they wish to do so.

Corrected. Thank you. Do I need to add it to the crawler or will it somehow find my MUD itself?
18 May, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 23rd comment:
I manually added it to my crawler, though that shows a pretty big problem, you're not sending the start and end tags:

MSSP-REPLY-START\r\n

and

MSSP-REPLY-END\r\n
18 May, 2009, Banner wrote in the 24th comment:
Scandum said:
I manually added it to my crawler, though that shows a pretty big problem, you're not sending the start and end tags:

MSSP-REPLY-START\r\n

and

MSSP-REPLY-END\r\n
This was all from Keberus' snippet, so apparently he is missing more.

EDIT TO ADD:

I see, this needs corrected:

write_to_descriptor( d, "\r\nMSSP-REPLY-START\r\n", 0 );

mssp_reply( d, "HOSTNAME", "%s", mssp_info->hostname );
mssp_reply( d, "PORT", "%d", port );

and…

mssp_reply( d, "ROLEPLAYING", "%s", mssp_info->roleplaying );
mssp_reply( d, "TRAINING SYSTEM", "%s", mssp_info->trainingSystem );
mssp_reply( d, "WORLD ORIGINALITY", "%s", mssp_info->worldOriginality );
write_to_descriptor( d, "MSSP-REPLY-END\r\n", 0 );

That's in mssp_reply.
18 May, 2009, KaVir wrote in the 25th comment:
David Haley said:
BTW, "Futuristic" as a genre doesn't sound like the same thing as "Science Fiction" to me, although I would agree that Star Wars is science fiction, not merely futuristic.

In my opinion it would fit under either Science Fiction or Fantasy (Star Wars is a combination of both, but "Science Fantasy" isn't a permitted genre choice). I wouldn't feel comfortable using the term "futuristic" to describe a story which takes place "a long time ago", even if it is "in a galaxy far far away".
19 May, 2009, Keberus wrote in the 26th comment:
Banner said:
Scandum said:

MSSP-REPLY-START\r\n

and

MSSP-REPLY-END\r\n
This was all from Keberus' snippet, so apparently he is missing more.

EDIT TO ADD:

I see, this needs corrected:

write_to_descriptor( d, "\r\nMSSP-REPLY-START\r\n", 0 );

mssp_reply( d, "HOSTNAME", "%s", mssp_info->hostname );
mssp_reply( d, "PORT", "%d", port );

and…

mssp_reply( d, "ROLEPLAYING", "%s", mssp_info->roleplaying );
mssp_reply( d, "TRAINING SYSTEM", "%s", mssp_info->trainingSystem );
mssp_reply( d, "WORLD ORIGINALITY", "%s", mssp_info->worldOriginality );
write_to_descriptor( d, "MSSP-REPLY-END\r\n", 0 );

That's in mssp_reply.

What's wrong with it? Everything seemed to work when I tested it, try connecting to your own mud and doing an MSSP-REQUEST at login, see if you get all the info.
20 May, 2009, Banner wrote in the 27th comment:
It does now. It was using write_to_descriptor to send the reply-start and reply-end, and it had to be changed to mssp_reply.
20 May, 2009, Keberus wrote in the 28th comment:
Hmm…that's odd, because mssp_reply calls write_to_descriptor_printf which then calls write_to_descriptor, but that would mean that MSSP-REPLY-START and MSSP-REPLY-END would be sent with tabs and such as if they had variables…as far as I can tell, that shouldn't be necessary, the only other thing I can think of is that I put the descriptor checks in mssp_reply. At any rate, I'm glad to hear that you got it working, and I would be curious to find out if anyone applies the same 'fix' to this for it to work for them as well.

Thanks,
KeB
20.0/28