01 May, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
You can always have performance issues if the underlying algorithms are poor: the choice of language won't really matter that much in that case. If the bottleneck is the asymptotic behavior of an algorithm, then the algorithm needs to be improved if possible; the language is more or less irrelevant.

I've written code in Java to search game trees involving many logic proof engine inferences at every node expansion; it rips through the search space. Would a C++ equivalent be faster? Yes, most likely. Does this kind of performance matter for a MUD? No.
01 May, 2009, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 22nd comment:
Votes: 0
:lol: for what its worth i have decided to run with a Teensy mud project instead of being fully original. i realized that Tyche is much more advanced than i and anything i came up with he had done better so i'm just going to build off of his base. who knows i may develop my own base that is a Teensy derivative.

the reason i say this is i too have wanted to start from scratch and it is just taking too long. it is a GAME afterall isn't it? i want to start PLAYING!!! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
20.0/22