14 Apr, 2009, elanthis wrote in the 41st comment:
Votes: 0
Samson said:
Well. They've been patched, but obviously we haven't rebooted to make them active :)

Of course. :)

I think the main point there was to show that VPSLand hasn't caused us any problems with downtime in 424 days and counting.

And my main point is that if you have an uptime that proves that you're running an insecure server, the last thing you should do is publicly brag about it. ;)
15 Apr, 2009, Davion wrote in the 42nd comment:
:surprised: We'll be going down tonight for regular scheduled maintenance :wink:
16 Apr, 2009, Shigs wrote in the 43rd comment:
Again another thumbs up for Linode we've been using them for the last 8 months and we've had no problems. Customer service is great as is uptime.
22 May, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 44th comment:
Thanks to everyone who responded. I dropped SWVPS and gave Linode
a day in court. It's faaabulous.

Regarding uptime, I understand that months of uptime
can be of dubious braggability, but there's a real point of joy
in there, which is that unplanned downtime is minimal.

Thus far I've been up when I want to be up, and that's the
uptime sweetspot Linode hits for me, as opposed to a
very large number of time units.

The statistics graphs are nice, the performance is nice,
etc, etc. Would recommend.

-Crat
http://dead-souls.net
22 May, 2009, MaineCoon wrote in the 45th comment:
Been with Linode for over a year now, very happy with them.

When Linode has a problem, they get on it right away. There is an active IRC community who can help with problems and provide info when there are system wide problems, and the Linode folks are also active on it. The IRC system is accessible via their website using either CGI or Java clients, as well.

They also don't block any ports, except for those hosted in the Atlanta facility (where the datacenter operators themselves block a small number of IRC related ports).
40.0/45