14 Apr, 2009, Idealiad wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
If anyone can do me a favor – check their account at Mudlab. I can go to mudlab.org and see the topic list summary, but when I try to click on a topic, I get:

Critical Information

You have been banned from this forum.
Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information.

I mean, I guess they could have banned me for replying to KaVir's potion thread a month ago….? :lol:
14 Apr, 2009, Guest wrote in the 2nd comment:
Heh. I'd forgotten that place even exists. Hit the link and it says banned, but I think it's the guest account that's banned since it shows me as not even logged on.
14 Apr, 2009, Idealiad wrote in the 3rd comment:
My guess too, but the 'login' link also is banned. :D
14 Apr, 2009, Guest wrote in the 4th comment:
Well, yeah, if guest got banned somehow then none of the links will work if you're not already logged in.
14 Apr, 2009, Mabus wrote in the 5th comment:
I think a bot posted in multiple threads, an admin (who shall remain nameless unless they want to post and tell) attempted to IP ban the bot and ended up banning everyone (including them-self).

All I am saying.
:wink:
14 Apr, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 6th comment:
Starcraft said:
I'm about to drop the hammer… And spread some INDISCRIMINATE JUSTICE!

:smile:
14 Apr, 2009, Pedlar wrote in the 7th comment:
Classic
14 Apr, 2009, KaVir wrote in the 8th comment:
Mabus said:
I think a bot posted in multiple threads, an admin (who shall remain nameless unless they want to post and tell) attempted to IP ban the bot and ended up banning everyone (including them-self).

Yup, sorry, guilty as charged. At first I thought I'd only banned myself when I copied and pasted the IP address into the ban box, and was hoping to keep it quiet until the machine owner got back from vacation (great timing huh?) - but apparently I've banned everyone. He's back either this coming weekend or the weekend after (I think it's this weekend but I'm not sure, as he told me online and I didn't keep a note of it).

MudLab is pretty quiet, but it does have some good discussions.
16 Apr, 2009, KaVir wrote in the 9th comment:
You should all be able to connect now (unless you happen to be a WoW gold seller bot by the name of punk12123). Sorry about that.

Edit: In case anyone is curious, I've just been told what the problem was…

MudLab was originally set up to run in a sandbox, with traffic being forwarded from the real machine - so from the perspective of MudLab, everyone connected from the same IP address. Apparently that was never updated, and as we've not needed to ban any IP addresses before, it was never an issue (until now).
0.0/9