09 Apr, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
The_Fury said:
This is why i see rule 6 as being too subjective in its wording, it comes down to what each individual considers to be an infringement on their enjoyment, which leaves it open for admins to selectively enforce this rule against those they might not like.

The real reason you see 6 as being too subjective is because you figure if #6 is removed, then you get unbanned because the rule you violated will no longer exist.
09 Apr, 2009, The_Fury wrote in the 2nd comment:
Kayle said:
The real reason you see 6 as being too subjective is because you figure if #6 is removed, then you get unbanned because the rule you violated will no longer exist.

Personally i don't care for being unbanned, and if i want to talk on imc i can do so via proxy anyway and circumvent any banning you place on me, or i could just join the Kayle free zone on LPMUDS IMC. And this is not the first time you have banned me because of your personal opinions of me, if i recall it correctly i have been no channeled and banned before because i challenged your authority. So while there is someone with no conflict resolution skills at the healm, who blames it all on tylonol then, i have no desire to ever return, and will take every opportunity i can to dissuade others from joining.

Lastly i did not ask for the rule to be removed (More subjectivity by Kayle), look at my first post where i said reworded so that it could not be taken so subjectively.

The way that rule stands currently EVERYTHING can be taken as removing my enjoyment if someone wants to complain about it. My very presence on the network will remove your enjoyment Kayle so cleaning up the wording will put a greater safety net in place from those who may wish to subjectively enforce rules.
10 Apr, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 3rd comment:
The_Fury said:
Kayle said:

Personally i don't care for being unbanned

I find this laughable, since you complained to Samson asking to be unbanned because I'm a fascist.

The_Fury said:
, and if i want to talk on imc i can do so via proxy anyway and circumvent any banning you place on me, or i could just join the Kayle free zone on LPMUDS IMC. And this is not the first time you have banned me because of your personal opinions of me, if i recall it correctly i have been no channeled and banned before because i challenged your authority. So while there is someone with no conflict resolution skills at the healm, who blames it all on tylonol then, i have no desire to ever return, and will take every opportunity i can to dissuade others from joining.

I didn't ban you the first time. I excluded you from the channel you were causing issues on. You were given plenty of warnings before your access to the channel was stripped for an hour. You were still able to talk on other channels. You were not removed from the network. One channel hardly counts as being no channeled and banned. You were being openly antagonistic. As for conflict resolution, my skills in this are perfectly fine. You however, don't listen to anything anyone else says when you go on one of your tirades. For example, You carried on your little war on Crat for several weeks, at least 3 weeks as I was away for 3. When I returned, I warned you that if you didn't leave personal grievances off the network, action would be taken. You proceeded to complain about how I was enforcing non-existent rules, and that's when several members of the community berated you for your actions, you proceeded to continue your tirade, ignoring requests from several members of the IMC2 community to drop it. Action was taken. I'm sorry you disagree with that action.

The_Fury said:
Lastly i did not ask for the rule to be removed (More subjectivity by Kayle), look at my first post where i said reworded so that it could not be taken so subjectively.

The way that rule stands currently EVERYTHING can be taken as removing my enjoyment if someone wants to complain about it. My very presence on the network will remove your enjoyment Kayle so cleaning up the wording will put a greater safety net in place from those who may wish to subjectively enforce rules.

Funny, IMC2 has the same set of rules I3 has. And Crat is far more aggressive in enforcing them then I am. As a matter of fact, He gave me a copy of the I3 rules and told me I could use them. I then modified them to apply to the way I3 works. So if you don't like the IMC2 Rules, good luck on Crat's network.

Contrary to what you, or anyone else may think. I'm not trying to turn the network into a bunch of people who kiss my ass. I hate people who kiss my ass. Like Crat, I'm just trying to make IMC2 a place where new people to the community can come and get assistance on issues, or just have people to talk to while they learn their way around setting up a codebase, be it Diku-derived, or LP. I think it should be pretty obvious that I'm extremely tolerant by the fact that there have only been 2 bannings in the history of the network (Possibly a third, details are fuzzy and it was way before I ever joined the network at all.) one of which was reversed by a show of good faith and a change of heart in the individual banned. Both individuals I have absolutely no grudge against, there were complaints filed, and the problem was dealt with.

On that note, I'd like to apologize to Crat, because when I banned him I had just taken over the network, and the amount of complaints (while small compared to the number I received in regards to The_Fury) were a little overwhelming to one still trying to get a grasp on the network at an administration level, and I handled that situation extremely poorly, and since then have striven to not repeat that.
10 Apr, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 4th comment:
The_Fury said:
and will take every opportunity i can to dissuade others from joining.

I think this is unnecessarily vindictive. Kayle != IMC. Don't
try to hurt Kayle by hurting IMC.

Kayle said:
So if you don't like the IMC2 Rules, good luck on Crat's network.

Heh pretty much. The only thing I can think of that makes a big
difference is that on i3 people can create their own channels.
For all I know, al qaeda is plotting the next attack using
some i3 channel I don't pay attention to.

Kayle said:
I'm not trying to turn the network into a bunch of people who kiss my ass.

I can attest to this being correct. It amuses me to insult Kayle
in grotesque ways on imc, and he seems to roll just fine with
the punches.

Kayle said:
I'd like to apologize to Crat

That is gracious and I appreciate it. No hard feelins.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
10 Apr, 2009, The_Fury wrote in the 5th comment:
I find this laughable, since you complained to Samson asking to be unbanned because I'm a fascist.

Got any evidence to back up your lies? There has only been one person who I have spoken to about this situation and it has been Davion and that has related mostly to not bringing IMC and TMC matters to MB's.

The only place i have spoken with Samson is on his blog and non of that discussion has revolved around what has transpired on IMC, so i really dont know where your digging this rubbish up from, other than you playing your own game of Fury hates Crat, stalking me where ever i go and insulting me, just as long as we are all in the same page here.

Now i am done with you and this thread, dont want to give Davion any cause to close threads or do any banning.
10 Apr, 2009, Guest wrote in the 6th comment:
The_Fury said:

Got any evidence to back up your lies? There has only been one person who I have spoken to about this situation and it has been Davion and that has related mostly to not bringing IMC and TMC matters to MB's.

The only place i have spoken with Samson is on his blog and non of that discussion has revolved around what has transpired on IMC, so i really dont know where your digging this rubbish up from, other than you playing your own game of Fury hates Crat, stalking me where ever i go and insulting me, just as long as we are all in the same page here.

Now i am done with you and this thread, dont want to give Davion any cause to close threads or do any banning.

Yep. I'm his evidence, because you contacted me via the email form about it. Asking that I overturn the ban because you thought Kayle was a fascist and that no rules had been broken. To which I responded that I don't run anything on the network and you'd have to take it up with Davion if you had issue with something Kayle did.
10 Apr, 2009, The_Fury wrote in the 7th comment:
Samson said:
The_Fury said:

Yep. I'm his evidence, because you contacted me via the email form about it. Asking that I overturn the ban because you thought Kayle was a fascist and that no rules had been broken. To which I responded that I don't run anything on the network and you'd have to take it up with Davion if you had issue with something Kayle did.

Care to post the email thanks, either your lying or someone is taking the piss here, because i have not sent you any emails about this. Just the headers will do, then forward the whole thing to my email address.
10 Apr, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 8th comment:
Fury, when all of this happened, you said yourself on several occasions that you were being childish and spiteful on purpose. Maybe when this issue has blown over, you can reflect upon such activity and ask yourself if really, really that is the kind of behavior you would like to see from somebody participating in your community.

It's also worth noting that for a long time before the ban, pretty much the entire community was asking you to stop, at first gently and later rather insistently. Everybody wanted it to stop, but you refused to let it go. Even now, you continue acting as if you did nothing wrong, and worse yet, you seek to defame the network by dissuading people from participating. I'm trying really hard to sympathize, but you've got to help me out here.

EDIT: I don't think we need to drag out private correspondence in public here. Can we leave private affairs to private channels?
EDIT2: well, Samson ninja'd me on that one :wink:
10 Apr, 2009, Guest wrote in the 9th comment:
The_Fury said:
Care to post the email thanks, either your lying or someone is taking the piss here, because i have not sent you any emails about this. Just the headers will do, then forward the whole thing to my email address.

Or we could just not play your silly game and you could simply accept you got banned due to your own actions.
10 Apr, 2009, The_Fury wrote in the 10th comment:
David Haley said:
Fury, when all of this happened, you said yourself on several occasions that you were being childish and spiteful on purpose. Maybe when this issue has blown over, you can reflect upon such activity and ask yourself if really, really that is the kind of behavior you would like to see from somebody participating in your community.

I agree, your right, but what concerns me more currently is who is sending fake emails about in my name. I do a great job of making an ass of myself all opn my own without others joining in and making the situation even worse.
10 Apr, 2009, The_Fury wrote in the 11th comment:
Samson said:
The_Fury said:

Or we could just not play your silly game and you could simply accept you got banned due to your own actions.

Samson i accept it was my actions that got me banned, i have not blamed anyone else, i might think from experience that Kayle selectivly enforces things and lets his personal opinions rule his actions, but that is not excusing what i was doing, so i want to see this email, because i know i have not sent you anything, so post it and forward it to me, or retract your statement.
10 Apr, 2009, Guest wrote in the 12th comment:
The_Fury said:
Samson i accept it was my actions that got me banned, i have not blamed anyone else, i might think from experience that Kayle selectivly enforces things and lets his personal opinions rule his actions, but that is not excusing what i was doing, so i want to see this email, because i know i have not sent you anything, so post it and forward it to me, or retract your statement.

I believe I made myself perfectly clear. If not, then let me try again: I'm not playing your games. You sent an email via the email form here. Denying it is useless. I have nothing to retract. Find yourself another hobby other than trying to make other people look bad because of your own mistakes.
10 Apr, 2009, Chris Bailey wrote in the 13th comment:
I suppose it's none of my concern, but I'm interested in seeing the e-mail as well. It seems like it would be a simple way to end the argument, why not supply it? Curiosity has gotten the better of me.
10 Apr, 2009, The_Fury wrote in the 14th comment:
Samson said:
The_Fury said:

I believe I made myself perfectly clear. If not, then let me try again: I'm not playing your games. You sent an email via the email form here. Denying it is useless. I have nothing to retract. Find yourself another hobby other than trying to make other people look bad because of your own mistakes.

Oh at least i know your lying about it all, just like you lied about how i stole code and how i was infringing on licenses. Pretty petty really Samson that you can stoop to such low acts. See unlike you i do not ever throw away any emails. i have all the correspondence from that time.

> Subject:
> Re: GPL in eldhamud
> From:
> Roger Libiez <XXXXXX@afkmud.com>
> Date:
> Tue, 15 Nov 2005 20:29:40 -0800
> To:
> Powell Robert <powell123@yahoo.com>
>
> To:
> Powell Robert <powell123@yahoo.com>
>
>
> On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 19:55:39 -0800 (PST), Powell Robert wrote:
>> Hi samson thanks for letting me know about the gpl
>>
>> code, can you tell me what code and where it is.
>> because for the life of me i did not know i had any
>> gpl's code in there.
>>
>> Thanks, robert powell.
>>
> In various places, you have the following:
> // Author: robo <robo@localhost>, (C) 2005
> //
> // Copyright: See COPYING file that comes with this distribution
> or some variation on it. That is the usual standard copyright tag used for a GPL source file. I realize I might well be coming of as overly strict since you don't seem to have a "COPYING" file anywhere in your distro at all. Without it most people will interpret it to mean you are trying to license it under the GPL. Probably the best way to avoid this confusion is to just drop that part. Copyright is already specified as yours anyway.
>
> Matter of opinion btw:
> /and/
> /// that you agree to make any changes,additions or improvements available/
> /// to the public domain via a snippet posted on a public website/
> This seems like a silly thing to ask of anyone using a codebase to do. Obviously your call on anything you wrote, and would be acceptable since it doesn't conflict with the terms of the Diku license. It just might not be too well received.
> /
> /–
> Implementor of Alsherok http://www.alsherok.net
> Owner & Operator Arthmoor Internet Services http://www.arthmoor.com
> Mud Domain: Open Source. Open Community. Open Minds. http://imc2.intermud.us
>
> "General, you're listening to a machine! Do the world a favor and don't act like one." – Prof. Steven Falken, War Games.
>

– My Blog: http://www.iguanadons.net SmaugMuds.org: http://www.smaugmuds.org
MudBytes MUD Code Repository: http://www.mudbytes.net Sandbox: http://sandbox.kiasyn.com Personal website software.

So Mr Liar Samson, there is what was wrong with my code as you saw it at the time, not some bullshitter's story about how i stole code yadda yadda yadda, so now you can ban my ass from here too for calling you out for being the big fat liar that you are.

As for you, your a petty peice of shit and a liar. So GFY
10 Apr, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 15th comment:
Fury, you're running low on places you aren't banned at. Why keep risking it?
10 Apr, 2009, The_Fury wrote in the 16th comment:
Zeno said:
Fury, you're running low on places you aren't banned at. Why keep risking it?

Whats the point, An ADMIN of MB is lying about stuff i did not do, will no provide any evidence, so i might as well call him a lying fuck and be banned for that and know that my conscience is clean. His whole point is to get me to ark up here so that he can ban my ass, so i might as well give Big Fat Liar Samson all the material he needs to hit the ban button.
10 Apr, 2009, Guest wrote in the 17th comment:
Well at least now we know what you were trying so desperately to bait me into. Good job.
10 Apr, 2009, Chris Bailey wrote in the 18th comment:
It still seems to me that it would be extremely simple to post the e-mail in question, or at least forward it to him so that we could all happily move on from the topic.
10 Apr, 2009, The_Fury wrote in the 19th comment:
Samson said:
Well at least now we know what you were trying so desperately to bait me into. Good job.

Well its easy to catch lying fuck fish, toss a line in your direction.
10 Apr, 2009, The_Fury wrote in the 20th comment:
Chris Bailey said:
It still seems to me that it would be extremely simple to post the e-mail in question, or at least forward it to him so that we could all happily move on from the topic.

There is no email, Samson is lying and i get banned, its how the world works.
0.0/28