04 Nov, 2006, Pedlar wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hi all, i hope most of you joined us at MudCon V, it was a blast, but i think it might be time to start thinking of MudCon VI if theres gonna be one.

as far as i know, there has been no discussions of it, or thoughts, so

Whos gonna Host it? whos gonna Design it, think of events, and such

i know were prolly still a nice long time off till we get to that time of the year again, but its nice to plan ahead!

I liked the codebase, and logging systems of the MudCon V codebase that Davion scrounged up, but ths year, we need something diffrent on it, mebbe more to do?

I know i didn't have much to do with the MudCon V development, sept for the SQL help i did with Davion, but this year, I wana do a little more, to help supplment the coding community, that we love so much, like Kiasyn*cough*rofl*cough* :devil:

so yea, the last one was ran Apr 8th, so i think VI should be ran around that time as well, seeing as it is an annual thing, so this is kinda a premature post, but i like i said, planning 5 months in advance, is better then 3, or 2.

So GET YER THINKING CAPS ON MATYS!!!
04 Nov, 2006, kiasyn wrote in the 2nd comment:
Pedlar said:
I know i didn't have much to do with the MudCon V development, sept for the SQL help i did with Davion, but this year, I wana do a little more, to help supplment the coding community, that we love so much, like Kiasyn*cough*rofl*cough* :devil:

i'm willing to help out with this too if needed :P
04 Nov, 2006, Pedlar wrote in the 3rd comment:
i meant MudCon by the way :D, my spelling sucks considering i havent slept in 24 hours :D
04 Nov, 2006, Cratylus wrote in the 4th comment:
What features did you have in mind, exactly?

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
04 Nov, 2006, Davion wrote in the 5th comment:
Pedlar said:
Hi all, i hope most of you joined us at MudCon V, it was a blast, but i think it might be time to start thinking of MudCon VI if theres gonna be one.
If you say so! The last one was when? Early april? Guess so. I know there's going to be another FidoCon around march/april. Might have to coordinate with them to get a date done.

Pedlar said:
Whos gonna Host it? whos gonna Design it, think of events, and such

Considering that two of the three admins here made the last one, and the other hosted it, I don't think we'll have a problem with finding a designer and a host :). Events, and such though, are different. I'm not one to coordinate. I had many interesting conversations with Alexander Tau. Maybe he can help again.

Pedlar said:
I liked the codebase, and logging systems of the MudCon V codebase that Davion scrounged up, but ths year, we need something diffrent on it, mebbe more to do?

There's actually a few features that I wanted added but didn't have time for the Con. The codebase will definitely need 'Space' in that, places you can walk, go, etc. Instead of being a glorified chat room. Also, I wanted to toss in a polling system as another form of input. More competitions and such. Maybe a simple programming one as well as the Master Story Teller competition. Maybe even an area competition. Was considering trying to get players of MUDs involved (Original character comp?) something like that.
05 Nov, 2006, Conner wrote in the 6th comment:
Personally, I attended and enjoyed last year's con and am expecting to do the same this year. :grinning:

I'm inclined to think we're a little ahead of ourselves for this year's timewise, but I suppose that it is better to start early than too late. :shrug:

I agree with Davion, some "rooms" of some sort would've been nice, and polls would be really cool. But I really don't know what other features to suggest as most of the things I could think of I'd suggested at the time and should still be in Davion's logs from the event or emails that I exchanged with him at or around the time. :rolleyes:

Last year I was one of the judges in the writing contest, but then at the last minute we had to cancel that contest because of lack of submissions. I'm still willing to take that same sort of role again if needed/desired, but it would be pretty nice if it actually came to fruition this time. :wink:

If there is some other way in which I can be of assistance, I'd be happy to help, but my skills are not what those of some of those who've already volunteered are and my resources are equally more limited, so I'm not certain what I can volunteer to do here. :shrug:

(On a completely separate note, I'd love to see a smiley here for *shrug*, seeing as I use it all the time.. and one for either *tongue-in-cheek* and/or *sticking-tongue-out* too. :wink:)
06 Nov, 2006, Guest wrote in the 7th comment:
Well if FidoCon is meeting again possibly in April, I'm not sure it would be wise to plan another Mud-Con around the same time frame. We ran into problems with that 2 years ago and ended up moving it back to April because we were going to collide too closely with the other meeting Kris Craig put together in June(?) of 2004. Or was it 2003? Can't really remember now. But anyway, scheduling conflicts are bad and if need be we should work something out with Brody's group.
06 Nov, 2006, KaVir wrote in the 8th comment:
Can I vote for "Not April 8th again" this year? ;)
06 Nov, 2006, Pedlar wrote in the 9th comment:
I vote we throw away KaVir's vote!, Samson, see when there gonna run FidoCon and, anyother big meeting events, and post them here? so we can get an estimate timeframe for a good time to run it.

as for stuff to do, as Dav said, rooms would be nice to have, give em something to do, instead of jus talking.

And for polls, that would be good idea, mebbe have it so the people that attend can judge things, like everyone votes on which story they liked best, make every there make em fell like they werent jus there to talk?
:alien:
06 Nov, 2006, Davion wrote in the 10th comment:
KaVir said:
Can I vote for "Not April 8th again" this year? ;)

lol! Yes KaVir! This year it won't be scheduled for your birthday ;) Won't make that mistake twice, promise ;
07 Nov, 2006, kiasyn wrote in the 11th comment:
rofl, it was his birthday? :rofl, it was his birthday? :[
07 Nov, 2006, Conner wrote in the 12th comment:
Yup, that's why he wasn't there last year.. oh, and congrats on the promotion to staff, Kiasyn! :smile:
08 Nov, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 13th comment:
how about add in a couple of games to do in the mean time… like sudoku, remcon wrote one that i am sure could be altered to work with what ever is make as the base.
08 Nov, 2006, Conner wrote in the 14th comment:
While I'm not a fan of sudoku particularly, the idea of having a minigame or two in there isn't a bad one.
12 Nov, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 15th comment:
If you're up for a laugh, I'm sure you could get Darien to add a plethora of security features so intense, not even the mobiles could get in.
12 Nov, 2006, Omega wrote in the 16th comment:
Don't pick on my security enhancements Midboss, :P

I was raised by a computer security professional, and Low and Behold, I'm in national security myself. So obviously, I like security…

Meanie!

Its genetic! I swear!

(cries)

How about if you want a real laugh, make a mobile that runs around throwing pies in peoples faces when they say key-words, like, 'the', or 'is', 'it', 'and', 'or', 'if' Stuff that people use in common talk.. Now that would be good.

Also.. Davion, bad… BAD davion!… Not again! Not this year too! (cries)

Last year I hired him, and about a month later, he starts working on mudcon, and doesn't do, like… anything :P I come back from almost a year of being away, and had todo lots of stuff todo :P

Nah.. just picking on you Davion, have fun :P sstm source is busy right now on my dev comp, in massive valgrinding. :P

Anywho..

No more picking on security :P its a good thing :P
12 Nov, 2006, Pedlar wrote in the 17th comment:
*Picks on Dariens Securuty!!!!*
:devil:
12 Nov, 2006, Omega wrote in the 18th comment:
you spelt security wrong.
15 Nov, 2006, kiasyn wrote in the 19th comment:
Split the topic. Encrypted pie throwing can now be found here: http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=topi...
15 Nov, 2006, Conner wrote in the 20th comment:
Thanks, Kiasyn, now we can go back to planning the next mudcon here instead of bantering about thrown pies..
0.0/24