01 Apr, 2009, kiasyn wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hi guys!

I am excited to announce that the MUDBytes crawler now REQUIRES MSSP support. To weed out MUDs with out-of-date information, MSSP will be required by everyone in the MUDBytes MUD list within 24 hours.

If you have not implemented MSSP within 12 hours of reading this announcement, your MUD will be put into the warning list, after that, it will be removed.

We appreciate your continued support!

Kind regards,
The MUDBytes Team
01 Apr, 2009, Skol wrote in the 2nd comment:
Get crackin on releasing installation snippets for all the bases.

chown -R us ./base
01 Apr, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 3rd comment:
yo dawg, so i herd u like mssp in ur interbutt
01 Apr, 2009, Vladaar wrote in the 4th comment:
Skol said:
Get crackin on releasing installation snippets for all the bases.

chown -R us ./base

Yah really seems wrong to give 24 hours, when snippets aren't even available
on how to install it for your codebases.

I know I didn't really pay any attention to all the yammering about MSSP in
earlier posts, and didn't even know what it was till you posted the mandatory
thing about it. Is it really needed? Will people even use it? Also saw that
you have to have some lines in your login sequence? That really sucks too
much crap in login sequence as it is. I dont know, if only mudbytes is going
to require it, prob won't bother. Are any other mudlistings requiring it?
01 Apr, 2009, Frenze wrote in the 5th comment:
a few things A WTF is MSSP, to ignorant to care to learn, rofl
secondly why require it? that just sounds like yet another retarded piece of code that isn't needed, it would be like requireing IMC or something, IMO. but as for me, i wont be listing here if that's the case once my mud opens, or even caring because TMC and MUDgamers don't that i know of yet, and prolly wont, and i can get all the loving i want there if needed, that and i'm TBAmud anyways so all the smaug buddies out there will get one but i bet us circlemuders wont without having to convert a SMAUG patch for something that players have no care in the world about. gonna go with vlad on this one BAD IDEA!~
01 Apr, 2009, Fizban wrote in the 6th comment:
Frenze said:
a few things A WTF is MSSP, to ignorant to care to learn, rofl
secondly why require it? that just sounds like yet another retarded piece of code that isn't needed, it would be like requireing IMC or something, IMO. but as for me, i wont be listing here if that's the case once my mud opens, or even caring because TMC and MUDgamers don't that i know of yet, and prolly wont, and i can get all the loving i want there if needed, that and i'm TBAmud anyways so all the smaug buddies out there will get one but i bet us circlemuders wont without having to convert a SMAUG patch for something that players have no care in the world about. gonna go with vlad on this one BAD IDEA!~

It's an April Fools joke you fools.
01 Apr, 2009, Frenze wrote in the 7th comment:
APRIL FOOLS JOKE I WAS FOOLED!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!? *blames vlad* rofl
why must they all be so nasty T_T i didn't do anything to you T_T

lol nicely played, nicly played *bows*
01 Apr, 2009, Vladaar wrote in the 8th comment:
Wow that is funny if it's april fools joke.
01 Apr, 2009, Detah wrote in the 9th comment:
Im quite surprised at you F. Being the flamer that you are, I thought you would appreciate the continued moaning and bewilderment that the OP intended. But you had to go and ruin it for everyone. Now go back in your hole.
01 Apr, 2009, Fizban wrote in the 10th comment:
There's no if. If they were really making this change they'd give people a month, not 12 hours.
01 Apr, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 11th comment:
Wow, people actually believed it. :P
01 Apr, 2009, Skol wrote in the 12th comment:
Heh, I thought the owning your bases code comment might give it away ;)
01 Apr, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 13th comment:
I think it says something about the MSSP debates that people might believe something so outlandish :tongue:
01 Apr, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 14th comment:
I wonder if anyone actually went ahead and implemented it because of this thread. MSSP enable Muds are stuck at 8 now, though there are probably a few that I don't know about.

I think it'll pick up again once MudBytes fully integrates MSSP support.
01 Apr, 2009, elanthis wrote in the 15th comment:
Meh. It's not outlandish because MSSP sucks, it was just the 24 hour thing really that made it OMGWTF. if it had been more like "within 6 months we're going to remove the manual update UI and require MSSP" it would've been quite believable.
01 Apr, 2009, Lyanic wrote in the 16th comment:
David Haley said:
I think it says something about the MSSP debates that people might believe something so outlandish :tongue:

*NODS* I read it and immediately thought April Fools joke….then in the back of my mind, that evil question began to ninja its way in: "What if it isn't…?"

I think at this point, even if MSSP cured cancer, most normal people would be so sick of it that it wouldn't be implemented just out of spite. :sad:
01 Apr, 2009, Skol wrote in the 17th comment:
Gah, we totally missed a chance to Rick Roll someone with links to the patches too…. :(
01 Apr, 2009, Hades_Kane wrote in the 18th comment:
I was fooled :(
0.0/18