08 Jun, 2006, Darmond wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
so who here has ever gone about changing your code because something didnt work right only to find out it was working right and that you just missread it so you ended up wasting hours of your life ?
08 Jun, 2006, Aidan wrote in the 2nd comment:
Absolutely :) Isn't that what coding is about?

Engineers motto I live by.

=================
If it isn't broken..
take it apart and fix it.
=================

-Aidan
09 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 3rd comment:
There's also always a way to make it better. Don't forget that.
09 Jun, 2006, kiasyn wrote in the 4th comment:
alllllll the time.
09 Jun, 2006, Guest wrote in the 5th comment:
I can't tell you how many times I've done this!
09 Jun, 2006, Skol wrote in the 6th comment:
Rofl, yep yep.
Or you go in to make a change, end up with circular logic in your testing.. and come up with it doing the same thing it used to via a different route.
09 Jun, 2006, Hades_Kane wrote in the 7th comment:
I've done something similar… I couldn't figure out for the life of me why a mob wasn't reacted like they should, and finally I figured out that……. I was wizinvis.
09 Jun, 2006, Darmond wrote in the 8th comment:
lol good times ya at the time when it happens its annoying and probbly makes you red in the face but you cant help but laugh when you look back on it later
09 Jun, 2006, Hades_Kane wrote in the 9th comment:
Hehe, I laughed when it happened, while face palming. I've had that happen with other mprogs and such off and on in the past, but I started remembering finally to check my wizi status if something wasn't working right. I've had that happen with several other builders throughout the years, as well.
09 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 10th comment:
Heh, my worst experience to this effect… I once tore all the game mechanics out of ROM, and then, somehow, despite using nothing but _new_ formulas, created the same mechanics. I didn't realize how similar they were until afterwards.
09 Jun, 2006, Tyche wrote in the 11th comment:
Darmond said:
so who here has ever gone about changing your code because something didnt work right only to find out it was working right and that you just missread it so you ended up wasting hours of your life ?

You learned something didn't you? ;-)

Refactor…refactor…refactor.
SCM…SCM…SCM
veni…vedi…vici
0.0/11