26 Mar, 2009, urbn wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I didn't see any place for people too promote their services so this seemed like the most likely place.

I am currently seeking an interesting (active/live) mud to build on that is based off the Diku Merc Rom code base.

I have been mudding for 13 years, I administrated/run a mud for 2 years and have built/coded on and off for several years.

I just recently passed over ownership of the mud I owned (badtrip) and have plenty of ideas for new areas (mostly quest related) I want to implement somewhere.

I have experience with old, mprogs, spec procs, etc etc.

If you are looking for a builder then feel free to message me. I am only interested in developing areas for muds that are at least live ( have players) and not muds currently in development.
26 Mar, 2009, Vladaar wrote in the 2nd comment:
If you like progs and dynamic like areas 6 Dragons is a game to build for. We have
custom quest code, and quest progs. We have building guidelines, formats for
progs, etc. We require anyone interested to level 20 so we get to know you,
and you get to know the mud. Pound for pound 6 Dragons is the best medieval
smaug code base mud out there. Yah I'm biased.

Vladaar
27 Mar, 2009, tphegley wrote in the 3rd comment:
Vladaar said:
Pound for pound 6 Dragons is the best medieval
smaug code base mud out there.

Thems fightin words here.
27 Mar, 2009, Vladaar wrote in the 4th comment:
Heh, yah come by and see for yourself.

We have a lot of positive reviews on mudconnect.com. I think if the secret
of our game ever got out to all smaug enthusiasts we would dominate.

I think this is the reviews link.

http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/prev/r...
27 Mar, 2009, tphegley wrote in the 5th comment:
I will say that I took your water breath idea (from wow) and made a version of it in my mud. I also just put in buildwalk. Very nice addition for builders.
27 Mar, 2009, Keberus wrote in the 6th comment:
tphegley said:
Vladaar said:

Never offend a SMAUG coder, that sort of sh** will get you killed. :grinning:
27 Mar, 2009, tphegley wrote in the 7th comment:
haha.
27 Mar, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 8th comment:
Definitely a dangerous claim to make :tongue:
27 Mar, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 9th comment:
Vladaar said:

Dangerous claim to make with very little proof. ;)

Besides, Realm of Despair would be the best Smaug mud around since.. well.. it IS where the codebase was born. :P
27 Mar, 2009, Igabod wrote in the 10th comment:
did nobody notice that the OP is looking for a ROM mud not a Smaug? He says very clearly in the message as well as the subject, seeking Diku/Merc/Rom.
27 Mar, 2009, Vladaar wrote in the 11th comment:
Kayle said:
Vladaar said:

Dangerous claim to make with very little proof. ;)

Besides, Realm of Despair would be the best Smaug mud around since.. well.. it IS where the codebase was born. :P

It's been a long time since I've played Realms of Despair, and though I respect them for
releasing smaug, and being my favorite codebase to play and work with, I think players
want something more challenging then a game you can avatar on in a week. Anyway,
that is why I was telling him to log on the game or read our reviews. I did also put the
disclaimer that I am biased. Heh.

Igabond, yes I did note he didn't specify smaug code base, but merc, diku are all family so
many don't mind working from one to another.
27 Mar, 2009, Fizban wrote in the 12th comment:
tphegley said:
I will say that I took your water breath idea (from wow) and made a version of it in my mud. I also just put in buildwalk. Very nice addition for builders.

Eek, just added buildwalk? I really would have expected that to be a common thing by now, most CircleMUDs have had dig and buildwalk for over a decade.
27 Mar, 2009, Fizban wrote in the 13th comment:
Vladaar said:
I think players want something more challenging then a game you can avatar on in a week.

Strange, all the players I know bitch when everything isn't handed to them on a silver platter. Lazy bums. ;)
27 Mar, 2009, Vladaar wrote in the 14th comment:
Buildwalk is common for circle, but not for smaug. Though yah it should be,
it saves alot of typing.

http://www.smaugmuds.org/index.php?a=fil...
27 Mar, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 15th comment:
Uh, You're lucky to pull off an Avatar in a month on RoD.
30 Mar, 2009, KaVir wrote in the 16th comment:
tphegley said:
Vladaar said:

Well at least he's no longer claiming to have the best implementation of dragons.

I'm getting a bit confused about the creation date now though…

The first I recall hearing of 6 Dragons was a post made by Vladaar back on 28th May 2007, in which he stated "I should be having a new mud coming soon, called 6 Dragons. Yeah there will be dragons and many other races that players can play in it, and it will be realistic and still balanced game play."

The 6dragons.org domain was registered 1st June 2007, and on 24th June 2007, Vladaar announced that "6 Dragons mud is seeking a webmaster, and player testers".

The google cache from a www.mudpages.com listing, created on 20th July 2008, states in part "6 Dragons is a unique multiplayer user dimension (MUD) which has been in existence for over 2 years". But the description has since been changed to remove that reference.

The TMC listing for 6 Dragons claims a creation date of November 2002.

The TMS listing for 6 Dragons claims a creation date of 1999.

Any idea what's going on? A "new mud coming soon" in 2007, looking for play testers 1 month later…but it's already been around for 5-7 years? And despite my interest in dragons, and exposure to a huge number of muds and discussion forums, I've never even heard it mentioned during that time?
30 Mar, 2009, Fizban wrote in the 17th comment:
KaVir said:
Any idea what's going on?

Time travel.
30 Mar, 2009, Skol wrote in the 18th comment:
Heh, seen that kind of time travel a few times. My own mud had one of the 5 imps split off in 2003, and that version started claiming the mud was created in 1992… and it was Rom 2.4b3.. *blink*.
Apparently, it started before she'd started mudding, it just didn't know it yet heh.
30 Mar, 2009, Guest wrote in the 19th comment:
I think in the case of 6 Dragons, Vlad went through some name changes or something and wasn't simply starting from base each time. Confusing, yes, but most of us in the Smaug community have know about his place for at least 5 years or so under various names.
31 Mar, 2009, Vladaar wrote in the 20th comment:
Samson has it right, my fault on the dates with name changes.

Vladaar
0.0/31