26 Mar, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
This is a Wiki owned by Lasher (who also runs Aardwolf and TMS) that features pretty solid categorization and isn't covered with banners like the other Wikis.

It is still in beta and I think Lasher is waiting for some artwork to be finished before announcing it on TMS.

Have a look and feel free to contribute if you like it: http://mudwiki.org
26 Mar, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 2nd comment:
It's interesting that the wiki is owned by Lasher and yet you are basically the only contributor…? What is Lasher's involvement here?
26 Mar, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 3rd comment:
Aardwolf/TMC?

TMC?
26 Mar, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 4th comment:
I meant Aardwolf/TMS.

Lasher created it back in January, he owns the domain and it's running on his server. He asked me to help out so I set up the main categories and created various templates and a dozen articles.
26 Mar, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 5th comment:
So is it correct that Lasher's involvement was just to ask you to create the wiki, or is there more to it? Just trying to understand the "Who's Who" here.
26 Mar, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 6th comment:
Seems a nice enough wiki.

Who's this Lasher guy?

-Crat
26 Mar, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 7th comment:
So now we have 2 MUD wikis?
27 Mar, 2009, Kline wrote in the 8th comment:
Where is the first (second?) one? Also I'm Wiki-Tarded :cry:, would it be possible to get someone to add AckFUSS as a derivative of ACK!MUD?
27 Mar, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 9th comment:
Kline said:
Where is the first (second?) one? Also I'm Wiki-Tarded :cry:, would it be possible to get someone to add AckFUSS as a derivative of ACK!MUD?

mud.wikia.com - I don't think I need to explain why a 2nd one was created.

Easiest is to edit http://mudwiki.org/wiki/DikuMUD, copy, then create ACK!MUD, paste, and fill in the right values. Just filling in the Wikibox with a brief description would be a good start.
27 Mar, 2009, Kline wrote in the 10th comment:
Scandum said:
Easiest is to edit http://mudwiki.org/wiki/DikuMUD, copy, then create ACK!MUD, paste, and fill in the right values. Just filling in the Wikibox with a brief description would be a good start.

I think I can manage a page, I was talking about the family tree chart :) I tried playing with it in preview but couldn't figure out how to properly line up chart boxes beneath one another.
27 Mar, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 11th comment:
That tree is a pretty tricky, I'll take care of it.
27 Mar, 2009, Zenn wrote in the 12th comment:
http://www.mu.wikia.com

It's an 'official' one too, hosted by Wikipedia.
27 Mar, 2009, Fizban wrote in the 13th comment:
Cratylus said:
Seems a nice enough wiki.

Who's this Lasher guy?

-Crat

He's the Diku License Violator that banned me from TMS for calling him a DIKU License Violator. Oh yeah he was who banned you too if I recall correctly,unless you were banned back when Adam/Synozeer owned TMS. *coughs*
27 Mar, 2009, Tyche wrote in the 14th comment:
Kline said:
Where is the first (second?) one?

The first one is here.
27 Mar, 2009, Kline wrote in the 15th comment:
So really there's like…4 or 5 disjointed MU* focused Wikis!
27 Mar, 2009, Idealiad wrote in the 16th comment:
I'm sure we can think of a couple of more too…I know I can ;D. Not to mention there is a mud.wikia (created after the Wikipedia debacle, like Lasher's) and a mu.wikia (Wes Platt's brainchild I think).

For the record, I think the more wikis the better. 8)

eta: hell of a job putting that together Scandum, nice work.
27 Mar, 2009, Guest wrote in the 17th comment:
Kline said:

Scandum said:
That tree is a pretty tricky, I'll take care of it.

Yikes, that does look tricky. Any chance of squeezing SmaugFUSS in? Basically Smaug would have two sub-branches, one for FUSS, the other for AFKMud which is already there.
27 Mar, 2009, Igabod wrote in the 18th comment:
Idealiad said:

I disagree, the more there are, the more diluted each one becomes. I personally feel that the mudding community needs to focus on one wiki and make it as complete as possible. If we have 8 different wiki sites and only 40 people contributing, then we'll only have 5 people contributing to each site. One good wiki is far better than 8 sub-par wiki sites.
27 Mar, 2009, Tyche wrote in the 19th comment:
Igabod said:
Idealiad said:

I disagree, the more there are, the more diluted each one becomes. I personally feel that the mudding community needs to focus on one wiki and make it as complete as possible. If we have 8 different wiki sites and only 40 people contributing, then we'll only have 5 people contributing to each site. One good wiki is far better than 8 sub-par wiki sites.

• Different sites have different restrictions and focus

• Redundancy protects against assholes and idiots
  • 27 Mar, 2009, Tyche wrote in the 20th comment:
    Kline said:
    So really there's like…4 or 5 disjointed MU* focused Wikis!

No there's at least a dozen, but only one is pink. :-)
    0.0/29