24 Oct, 2006, Vladaar wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Please take a moment to complete this 18 multiple question survey on MMORPG's. We are using it to help us with the creation of our MMORPG.

http://www.thyquest.com/survey/survey.ph...

Thank you,

Thy Quest STAFF
www.thyquest.com
24 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 2nd comment:
Bit of advice. Your survey appears to be built on the assumption that those taking it have played or are currently playing an MMORPG. I don't fit into either category. I've never played one and hadn't planned on playing one anytime soon. So it would be a bit difficult for me to answer the questions in a fair manner because I'd have no other choice but to base it on my experiences from text based mudding. And as much as many of us might like to think so, text mudding doesn't really compare well with the big MMORPG games.
24 Oct, 2006, Javen wrote in the 3rd comment:
I agree, i had a hard time answering the questions, as i only play muds as well.
24 Oct, 2006, Vladaar wrote in the 4th comment:
Intriguing, I didn't think about that. Most of the people I know who mud, have at least tried a MMORPG. Maybe I'll take a look at how I have my survey setup.
24 Oct, 2006, Splork wrote in the 5th comment:
I've never played one either and have no plans on it anytime soon.

Splork
25 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 6th comment:
Honestly, I've never played a MMORPG either. The pricing method has always turned me off much too badly to bother with it. :sad:
25 Oct, 2006, Zeno wrote in the 7th comment:
Conner said:
Honestly, I've never played a MMORPG either. The pricing method has always turned me off much too badly to bother with it. :sad:

Not all MMO's cost money.
25 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 8th comment:
That's true, Zeno, but enough of them do that I'd pretty much given up on the idea of bothering with one some time ago.. and the way my windows machine acts anymore, I'm not sure I'd be able to play one even if I did want to at this point. Besides, I didn't learn that there were free MMOs out there until long after I'd given up on the idea of playing them because so many of them had already annoyed me with the concept of paying $30-60+ for what amounts to a client to connect to a game that charges monthly fees to play.
25 Oct, 2006, JWideman wrote in the 9th comment:
I have played MMORPGs but I always lose interest because the gameplay doesn't change. It's just grind grind grind.
25 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 10th comment:
I thought about playing Guild Wars, but from what my friend described after he played it through it doesn't sound like it would be much better than playing Diablo 2 again or something. Only reason I had thought to try that one is you only pay for the CD. There's no monthly subscription, and I could live with that.
25 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 11th comment:
Hmm, I liked Diablo II, though didn't care that much for playing it on their Battle.net.. maybe I should take a look at Guild Wars sometime when I can afford another new game then.
25 Oct, 2006, KaVir wrote in the 12th comment:
I picked up a copy of Guild Wars a few weeks ago - for £10 up-front and no additional costs it didn't seem much of a risk. It provided about a week of entertainment before I got bored of it, but I'll probably go back to it again some time. It also gave me a few ideas for my mud.

Personally I found Diablo2 much more enjoyable, but Guild Wars has more of a multiplayer "feel".

I've never played any other MMORPGs though, nor do I have any real interest in playing any others. World of Warcraft looks pretty, but I know I'd be bored of it within a week or two, and I've no intention of paying all that money for something I'd only play for a few hours.
25 Oct, 2006, Vladaar wrote in the 13th comment:
Thanks for the input, thats one of things I would like to learn what does it take to get people who have never tried a MMORPG to try mine. I have added about 10 more questions to my survey,
due to input recieved.
25 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 14th comment:
Well, Vladaar, for me I suppose it'd take a lack of expense and some sort of motivational factor.. ie, a friend's recommendation, really really cool packaging, several friends playing it and asking me to join them, etc. Of course, that's speculative since I've yet to actually play one.
26 Oct, 2006, KazRo wrote in the 15th comment:
I've tried a few of the main MMORPGs, the biggest turn off on MMORPGS for me is the monthly fees and the endless grinding. When i play games I'll go months without playing and its a hassle to guess when im going to play it and how much. Thats the main reason I've stuck with Guild Wars as my MMORPG, in the small places it lacks, it makes up for not having to do things like grind. Also with the level cap at only 20 people with a life can feel like they can do something where alot of MMORPGS players with no life dominate. All of that stuff are good things for MMORPGS.
26 Oct, 2006, Javen wrote in the 16th comment:
I think for some MMORPGs there are private deticated servers which you can play on legally for free, WoW for example is the only one i know of, its nearly the same game experiance, but most of the time the server has a hard time emulating the code leaving it with lots of buggy commands, a player limit to around 100 or so, and most are diced to give players better gains, more drops, and exp. So.. if your cheap.. and have the urge to play.. I played for about a week and got bored, along with Guild Wars which i also got bored of.. and for some reason.. when my 3D avatar is sitting in the center of town, and all i see is floating text from everyone chatting.. i think to myself.. whats so differant from this and my muds..? *shrug*
26 Oct, 2006, kiasyn wrote in the 17th comment:
because when you /dance, you actually dance ;)
26 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 18th comment:
And you can't "actually dance" in your head when you're on your mud when you type dance there too? :lol:
26 Oct, 2006, kiasyn wrote in the 19th comment:
you've obviously never seen an elementalist chick dance on GW
26 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 20th comment:
No, can't say that I have.. am I really missing that much? :lol:
We are basically talking about a cartoon character depicting your character, right?
0.0/29