13 Mar, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Has anyone tried advertising at onrpg.com? I noticed a good chunk of traffic coming from there and as it turns out, someone mentioned my MUD in a topic. It was my #1 referring site (ignoring search engines and direct links) with 93% new visits.

So I go to the site and try to get my MUD listed. The process was posting a topic on the forums for the game. So I did that. The MUD hasn't been listed yet, but the topic got a number of replies quickly. My traffic from there jumps up 20x that day.

This is all web traffic though, but a builder of mine did note a large increase in new players and I explained to her I had advertised on that site.

No idea if I'll ever get listed though.
13 Mar, 2009, Idealiad wrote in the 2nd comment:
I don't know about advertising, but 4 Dimensions is listed in the top ten on the front page (lower left sidebar). I wouldn't be surprised if that site drives a lot of traffic to muds in general.
14 Mar, 2009, Skol wrote in the 3rd comment:
Seems like a good site, hopefully it works.
16 Mar, 2009, Skol wrote in the 4th comment:
I've had 5 new players from there since Saturday, just filled out the application (basically just a post about your game) in Browser-Based and followed the instructions of the sticky at the top.
No replies, but quite a few views on the thread. They haven't added it to the games yet, but I imagine if the response is this good with just a posting, having an actual listing would be even better. Not sure how long it takes for them to list it.
0.0/4