17 May, 2006, Skol wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Question, did we want to upload all the ftp.game.org and other repositories archives?
Or only NEW snips?
17 May, 2006, Guest wrote in the 2nd comment:
Maybe at some point we'll want to look into that, but we'd have to discuss that with Thoric first.
17 May, 2006, Skol wrote in the 3rd comment:
Gotcha, would be nice to have another repository that keeps all of the historical ones up.
18 May, 2006, Conner wrote in the 4th comment:
I agree, even if nothing historical per se, it'd be really nice if all the various snippets and code bases could all be found in one convenient spot so you don't have to search the web each time you want to see what's out there.
18 May, 2006, Turd wrote in the 5th comment:
Skol said:
Gotcha, would be nice to have another repository that keeps all of the historical ones up.

ftp://sourcery.dyndns.org/archive
18 May, 2006, Skol wrote in the 6th comment:
Tyche's is great but doesn't have much beyond the diku base in the diku line (unless I'm lost?).
Another thing that I think would be a good addition is an area repository section, RommaLamma has been gone for years, FTP.game.org is the only place (ok there's a couple new ones;p) left.
Speaking of Tyche, put up yer snips, they're good stuff.
19 May, 2006, Conner wrote in the 7th comment:
Skol said:
Tyche's is great but doesn't have much beyond the diku base in the diku line (unless I'm lost?).
Another thing that I think would be a good addition is an area repository section, RommaLamma has been gone for years, FTP.game.org is the only place (ok there's a couple new ones;p) left.
Speaking of Tyche, put up yer snips, they're good stuff.

Actually, Dace put up an area archive site much like this one, but so far it's really just smaug areas.
08 Jun, 2006, Hades_Kane wrote in the 8th comment:
Didn't Tyche already offer on TMC forums to provide all of the snippets he has to anyone that wanted to open a site like this?
08 Jun, 2006, Hades_Kane wrote in the 9th comment:
Yeah, he were go… took me a moment to find it sorting through all of the drama in that thread.

"Anyone looking to start an archive is welcome to it. I've got little bandwidth so there are speed limits/connection limits in place. Otherwise have at it: ftp://sourcery.dyndns.org/" -Tyche

Even if most of it is just Diku stuff, it still wouldn't hurt. I mean, some places still run the parent codebases, right?
08 Jun, 2006, Guest wrote in the 10th comment:
As I'm sure many have noticed by now, we did get permission from Thoric to import the contents of ftp.game.org so those are all here. While I see Tyche did make a blanket offer to anyone wanting to build a site using what's in his archive, I would prefer to obtain explicit permission from him before doing so ( or, better yet, for him to submit them himself, though that would be tedious as hell ). It would have to be pruned for any duplication as there would be little point in having the same things we just got from ftp.game.org uploaded again from his.
08 Jun, 2006, Hades_Kane wrote in the 11th comment:
Yeah, true. But I thought I would point out that he did offer, never the less :p I understand you wanting to hear from him specifically it's ok to use those for this, however.
0.0/11