09 Oct, 2006, Tyche wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
You are invited to modify the article on Online_Creation on Wikipedia, or if you are too shy state your opinions on changes on the Talk page. Some user has deleted all the references to OLC information releated to Smaug OLC, ILAB OLC, Oasis OLC, Ivan's OLC, Isles OLC, etc. They are also pushing some pet theory that Diku OLCs are descendents and imitators of TinyMud or Monster. Everyone but Locke is welcome.
09 Oct, 2006, Omega wrote in the 2nd comment:
Because of recent vandalism, editing of this article by anonymous or newly registered users is currently disabled. Such users may discuss changes, request unprotection, or create an account.

That is the lovely message about OLC on wikipedia :)

Gee, i wonder why…
09 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 3rd comment:
It really is a shame when someone becomes determined to try to ruin things for everyone like this.
09 Oct, 2006, Timbo wrote in the 4th comment:
Pages that are semi-protected cannot be edited by unregistered users or from accounts less than 4 days old. That article is semi-protected because Locke has consistently vandalized the article for over a year and has been doing so with 4 or 5 dozen separate identities, most of which add Herbert Elwood Gilliland III references into it and many other places. If one were to believe his edits, he was vital in designing the Hummer H3, programming F.E.A.R., programming several other big-name games, adding in-game editing to Saurbraten (which is a derivative of Cube, which had in-game editing), and on an unrelated note… has done a considerable amount of study on uncircumcised penii.

I think most of the actual non-Locke problems with the article can be addressed by splitting it up, but there seemed to be consensus to keep Online_Creation about MUDs back when I proposed it, and to have a separate article for non-MUD but related stuff.

Also… this isn't showing up in the recent posts list at the moment somehow.
09 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 5th comment:
I read through the discussion page and there seems to be a great deal of animosity on the issue. No doubt at least in part because Locke doesn't know when to quit. I think the article in and of itself is worthy of being there, and I wouldn't mind seeing some mention of OLC beyond just muds.

I mean come on. If stupid shit like Southpark is worthy of having a spot there, why isn't OLC? And I also agree with Tyche that the attributions should remain intact. OLC didn't just invent itself. That includes Locke's place in things.
09 Oct, 2006, Timbo wrote in the 6th comment:
I agree with you, but a side of me wants to keep the article how it was (mostly), and have at most a paragraph mentioning OLC outside of MUDs, with a link to a separate article for more info. It's really too broad of a topic to make an article about all in-game editors and then go into the detail that it has.
10 Oct, 2006, Timbo wrote in the 7th comment:
Timbo said:

Right now it's on http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=foru... but not on http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=rece... (the General Discussion category page, and the Recent Posts page)
15 Oct, 2006, Tyche wrote in the 8th comment:
I'm considering just continually reverting the article back to the original one sans the command listings as Nandesuka keeps removing Diku OLC information and attributions. Not to mention requiring different standards for notability and for citations. On the one hand citing Bartle's USENET posts and then questioning Brunleve's USENET posts. On the one hand citing a bunch of Tiny crap nobody has used as notable, yet LPC and Diku which is more popular today as not notable. It's a rather silly bias, and that I being rather partial to TinyMuds, and not caring much for Diku can see it, well I suppose there are otherers more passionately disposed to Diku and/or LPMuds here who can also see it. I don't care much for Locke either but I'll be damned if the information on the software is not included and properly attributed. What you think?
15 Oct, 2006, Timbo wrote in the 9th comment:
Timbo said:
Timbo said:

Right now it's on http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=foru... but not on http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=rece... (the General Discussion category page, and the Recent Posts page)

Currently I also have 0 posts while others still have theirs showing. This is buggy all to hell, hehe.

Edit: Posting this gave me an error of…
You have posted in the past 30 seconds, and you may not post right now.

Please try again in a few seconds.

…so, I hit refresh, got an error saying that I didn't put a message, then looked and this message had actually been posted anyway. Oh well.
16 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 10th comment:
Currently I also have 0 posts while others still have theirs showing. This is buggy all to hell, hehe.

Yeah, the post count got a bit screwed up for some reason. And I just realized that member post counts are never touched when forum statistics are rebuilt. So I had to write that in. I'm assuming it worked since it seems to have found all of Locke's old junk and he's showing as having 127 again.
16 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 11th comment:
How nice, Locke's caused us another new bug? :(
0.0/11