25 Feb, 2009, Sandi wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I was having trouble before my HD went completely south, and thought maybe it was on my end. Now I'm seeing the same things in Linux - webpages stop downloading, the browser freezes, and I have to kill the process.

Not here or TMC, mind you, it's the big ripoff (read: "commercial") pages like Google and TVGuide.

Is this the result of "tiered access"? Anyone know?

Or is it Firefox, IE, and Konqueror? (never had the problem with Lynx)

(And why doesn't Suse include Lynx, btw? You'd think in over a gig of garbage, there would be something useful. What a useless piece of Windows-dressing this is!)
25 Feb, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 2nd comment:
No issues at all for me with Google, and I'm running Firefox on Linux.
25 Feb, 2009, Guest wrote in the 3rd comment:
Gmail was acting up last night but other than that the only other place I've got issues with is tesnexus.com and that's because their servers suck :)
25 Feb, 2009, Mabus wrote in the 4th comment:
Next time you experience it run a traceroute, could be maintenance somewhere in your packet path. Doesn't sound like it with it being related to specific sites. Also check with others in your local area that use the same service provider.
26 Feb, 2009, quixadhal wrote in the 5th comment:
They did have a huge DOS attack a couple days ago that polluted the router BGP tables on more than half the backbones. It might still be cleanup from that.

http://www.renesys.com/blog/2009/02/long...

and also

http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=5...
26 Feb, 2009, Sandi wrote in the 6th comment:
Thanks for the responses, guys.

Hmmm… quix, you might have the answer. Might be my little local ISP got jammed up by that.
26 Feb, 2009, Tyche wrote in the 7th comment:
Sandi said:
Now I'm seeing the same things in Linux - webpages stop downloading, the browser freezes, and I have to kill the process.

Is this the result of "tiered access"? Anyone know?

It's caused by 0bama.
You can expect more internet outages, power grid interruptions, and random violence as we slowly slide
…into turd world status.

heh
26 Feb, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 8th comment:
Uh. :thinking:
26 Feb, 2009, quixadhal wrote in the 9th comment:
Maybe it's all the people downloading the Darkfall client? *poker face*

Hahahahahahahaha!
26 Feb, 2009, Guest wrote in the 10th comment:
quixadhal said:
They did have a huge DOS attack a couple days ago that polluted the router BGP tables on more than half the backbones.

Well that would explain a few things at least. :)

Tyche said:
It's caused by 0bama.
You can expect more internet outages, power grid interruptions, and random violence as we slowly slide
…into turd world status.

QFT
26 Feb, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 11th comment:
I'm having some trouble deciding if you guys are trying to be serious or funny. And trying to decide why it is thought that this forum is an appropriate place for these discussions. :smile:
26 Feb, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 12th comment:
Tyche said:
It's caused by 0bama.
…into turd world status.

First of all, his speech was great, that 1 billion dollar, once borrowed from China, is gonna kick ass and turn our 2d world infrastructure into 2.5d world infrastructure through 'broadband penetration', yeah baby, you heard that right, penetration! And whoever drew that critical cartoon is being taken care of by the NAACP.
26 Feb, 2009, Tyche wrote in the 13th comment:
Scandum said:
And whoever drew that critical cartoon is being taken care of by the NAACP.

I'm sure they're all over this
In the meantime, can I interest you in an 0bama plush doll?
26 Feb, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 14th comment:
I really have nothing to add, other than BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
26 Feb, 2009, Davion wrote in the 15th comment:
David Haley said:
I'm having some trouble deciding if you guys are trying to be serious or funny. And trying to decide why it is thought that this forum is an appropriate place for these discussions. :smile:

Tyche be serious?! Are you serious!?
26 Feb, 2009, Fizban wrote in the 16th comment:
David Haley said:

Tyche is being as serious as he ever is. It's definitely no secret that Tyche and Samson are as right wing as you can get.
26 Feb, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 17th comment:
The main point I was trying to make was in the second sentence, similarly to the religion thread actually. This way lie dragons, so the smart thing to do is not add fuel to the fire (either supporting or arguing).
26 Feb, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 18th comment:
I think he refers to the steady decline in average intelligence and its long term consequences as depicted in the movie Idiocracy. Or maybe the seemingly steady retardation of society as caused by democracy where people develop a false sense of entitlement which encourages the governments to become ever more nurturing and caring - which as has been shown in Europe - is the nail in the coffin of organized religion as the state takes over the traditional role of the church. Islam has shown however that a rejection of modern day society, and even disgust, is a proved and successful way to stop its members from assimilating in societies ruled by 'big mother' governments. I think some Christian churches in the US do so quite successfully.
26 Feb, 2009, Guest wrote in the 19th comment:
Fizban said:
Tyche is being as serious as he ever is. It's definitely no secret that Tyche and Samson are as right wing as you can get.

It's also no secret that many MANY people hate that there even is a right wing, or a viewpoint not in line with the modern left wing media. One of the great ironies of those who go around advocating free speech - free only so long as you are agreeing with them.
26 Feb, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 20th comment:
This has nothing to do with anything, Samson. Note that I haven't said anything other than observing that this kind of thing is not appropriate here. This kind of discussion is simply not healthy for this site. I'd have thought (or at least hoped) that we'd have all learned that by now.

My piece is said, so, that's all, folks.
0.0/30