15 Nov, 2008, Dean wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Dragonball Advent Truth is a DBZ themed mud that is the next step in the evolution of Dragonball Truth. Instead of using DBX (which DBT was based on) or DBsaga codebases, we are running the latest CWG rasputin and taking it from stock and creating a hopefully unique DBZ mud. To save me from explaining in detail about features, heres a link for a list of proposed features (a good deal of which have been coded in already) http://dbt.teras-hosting.com/forum/index...

In the building department we currently have one position available. So if you're looking for work… read on

What we're looking for
- Comptency in using OLC in Cirlce/Rasputin
- Knowledge of DG scripts is plus but not a nessecity
- Intimate knowledge of DBZ is a plus but not a major nessecity. (Alot of which is been built hasn't actually been visually represented in any of the series so it provides alot of room for creativity)
- Ability to work in a team and independantly when required
- Good grasp of the English language (We use American English)

If you meet these criteria, then feel free to reply expressing interest in this thread, via PM to myself or Iovan (Owner/Coder of DBAT) on the DBAT forum http://dbt.teras-hosting.com/forum/index... or emailing myself, pastdean@hotmail.com

Thanks for your attention. :devil:
16 Nov, 2008, Dean wrote in the 2nd comment:
Apparently the link to the above mentioned thread didn't work so I'll quote the thread in question, my apologies for being sloppy. :redface:

Greetings Fans of Truth,

After long thought and deliberation I decided upon starting DBT over again. Something of which I had planned for a good while anyway, I just never had the details down or the idea of when to start.

In case anyone is wondering I have not abandoned my other project in the works, Midania(if you even knew about it. I am going to work on that while I work on Dragonball Advent Truth, and there will be no time conflict involved as I am both talented enough and interested enough to work on two high power projects at once.

You might be wondering "What is Dragonball Advent Truth all about?" Well I am going to tell you. Dragonball Advent Truth isn't just a remake of DBT, that would be too simple. It isn't a nostolgic attempt at bringing back what was the essence of DBT. It is all of that and more. DBAT is going to be what no DBZ mud has yet achieved. The perfect balance between show and game. Distilling the show's experience down to a format you can play with.

Let me touch upon just a few of the things DBAT will feature.
———————————————————————-

Leveling
———

No longer will eq based gains dominate the system. Equipment should help you in combat, it should defend your life or cause threat to your opponent's. It should in some cases enhance your abilities. It should not be the crutch of your gains.

In DBAT your gains will be more like in the show. For example someone in the show who has a pl of 200 will grow faster than someone who has a pl of 50, and slower than someone who has a pl of 500.

Instead of set gains, a percentage system will be used. For example let's assume that the combo of your race, discipline(more on that later), and body type gives you a pl gain rate of 5% of your max pl. Upon a level up if you had a max of 1,000 pl you would gain 50 pl. If you had a pl of 1,000,000 you would gain 50,000 pl.

To balance this the number of levels you can achieve will be limited to 100 and leveling will be slowed down and more meaningful. This doesn't mean you will have to crunch through tons of more enemies for one level (though one enemy level gains will no longer be possible) but it does mean you will have to work more for levels.

Training
———

Now you might be wondering "What about when I reach level 100 and can't grow anymore?" Well you will still be able to grow, as leveling will actually take a back seat to training and sparring. Physical training and sparring will not give exp, they will give straight gains of their own.

This type of growth will be neither bottable or abusable. It won't be boring either, as there will be quite a bit of creativity put into how it is done. Instead of just typing a command or alternating commands over and over for sparring you will actually spar as if it were a real fight. You will just enter spar stance and instead of actually killing the sparring partner(or partners) you will stop before they drop below 20% of their max pl. If they somehow drop low enough to die they are knocked unconcious instead and left at 1%.

As for pushups, situps, etc. gravity will play a bigger role than ever before with tons of more gravity settings being available. Instead of typing in one or a combo of exercises in a constant stream of spam, creativity will be needed as bonuses will be given for certain exercises at certain times during your exercise "time". This will require you to be paying attention and not be spamming exercise commands.

Along with this rest will become important when exercising. Actual rest for your character(don't worry it won't be too long).

Fighting
———–

Instead of the standard fights where you type "kill target" and then watch hits spam by and occasionaly throw some energy attacks, combat will be much more advanced and strategic. There will be no autohits what-so-ever. You will enter every attack.

You want to throw an elbow at your opponent, do so, cause that is your attack for that moment. A roundhouse? Have at it. Energy attack? Instead of being able to spam out 50 genki damas in a fight, you will actually charge each attack before releasing. You won't have the same charge times all the time, or as everyone else as the skill of the attack will vary from player to player. The more skilled you are with it the more damage it does and the faster it charges.

Energy attacks will also be more powerful and consume a reasonable amount of ki. As energy attacks will actually be capable of destroying the environment around you in play. Which brings up another subject. There will be tons of objects in game that are both destroyable, wieldable, and throwable. Such as giant bouldrs, or a statue.

Flying altitude will be a lot more advanced as well and will effect the devestation of certain energy attacks. If your energy attack misses(depending on what kind it is) it will have a chance of damaging the area or destroying something else in the room all together.

Disciplines
————

Instead of standard learn lists, you will learn most of your skills from a trainer associated with the fighting discipline you have chosen. Instead of learning the skill full out you will learn it at 1% the first time and train it 1% each time after that until it reaches 40%. When it reaches 40% you will have to train it further through actuall use(you can do this before 40% as well but it is required after 40% as the trainer can teach no more.) Everytime you use the skill there will be a chance you will increase your skill with it. Everytime you see it used by someone else you will have this chance as well(if sparring with them). Even skills you don't know will have a tiny chance of being learned by seeing and having them used on you in a sparring atmosphere.

So players can actually devote time to training each other in various skills.

Roleplay
———

Roleplay will no longer be on a channel. The standards will not be set too high, but you will be required to rp in game. Which is to say where you normally do everything to train your character you will be playing it out. The mud will be full pk because of this, but there will be measures to prevent wanton pking by any assholes.

You will live a DBZ episode everytime you log on to play. You will make friends and allies, fight enemies, and approach accomplishing goals.

Closure
———-

I hope these few of the many things DBAT will have going for it have you interested. If you do not like the change, then I am sorry, there are more than enough DBZ muds that contain the stale old playing style you seek. More power to you. For the rest of us, I eagerly await it as much as you do and am working hard on completing it.

Signed,
Iovan - Owner of Dragonball Advent Truth
08 Dec, 2008, Dean wrote in the 3rd comment:
Just to update; we're still looking for 1-3 creative individuals to come onboard as builders. So if you're looking for a completely new challenge, don't be shy, we don't bite… much. :alien:
26 Jan, 2009, Dean wrote in the 4th comment:
Dean said:
Just to update; we're still looking for 1-3 creative individuals to come onboard as builders. So if you're looking for a completely new challenge, don't be shy, we don't bite… much. :alien:

Just an update, but we're still looking for builders. I'm now considering implementing a small cash incentive scheme, to come out of my own pocket. It's not going to be much, but an extra bit of moolah here and there is good right?

Has anyone done something like this before? Any advice on making a fair model with this sort of scheme is more than welcome.

Yours truly,
Dean
26 Jan, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 5th comment:
My only suggestion would be to make the terms extremely clear up-front about when or after which conditions the payment will be made. You don't want to be paying people who fail to deliver, and you also don't want them to be waiting indefinitely on conditions that aren't clear. Money moves things from a hobby to a business of sorts, so you have to play by a different set of rules…
27 Jan, 2009, Dean wrote in the 6th comment:
So, after sleeping on it and giving it a fair deal of thought this is what I've scribbled together.

First off, as previously mentioned, this isn't going to be alot of money at all. I don't work but with what little money I do receive, I am more than happy to offer up a small piece of the pie. Secondly, all money amounts given in this post are given in the currency of Australian dollars.

This offer is only available to members of CWG and Mudbytes.

All applicants must be experienced builders in both OLC & DG scripts.
Must provide at least on reference for a MUD the applicant has worked on.
Experienced builders not familiar with CWG rasputin who wish to learn OLC & DG scripts will be considered.

What I am offering
- Payments of $20 to be made monthly, totalling up to $240 per annum.
- All payments will be made via paypal. This is non-negotiable.
- Payments will be made on the 6th of each month, or the next business day if nessecary. Unless work requirements have not been met.
What I will be requiring
- A minimum of 2-3 zones per month, subject to quality test.
(Zone being an area encompassing up to 100 room vnums, as well as all associated mobiles, objects and triggers.)
- All work paid for will become property of the MUD and can't be used or copied from any other MUD.

Unfortunately thats the best I can offer at this stage. But its better than having sand kicked in your face. :lol:

Yours Truly,
Dean
27 Jan, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 7th comment:
It's interesting that you specified American English. It's strange that they teach British English in most of Europe's universities, or perhaps not. Anyways, that just snagged my interest for a brief moment. Carry on :smile:
27 Jan, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 8th comment:
Ssolvarain said:
It's strange that they teach British English in most of Europe's universities, or perhaps not.

This is not strange at all… British English is more commonly taught than US English, especially in Europe, for many reasons. I would imagine that Latin America probably teaches US English, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the rest of the world (other than the Americas) learns British English. (Recall just how much of the rest of the world used to be a British colony, or is very close to a current Commonwealth country…)
27 Jan, 2009, Caius wrote in the 9th comment:
Back in school we could use either British English or American English as long as we were consistent about it. I suppose that's why he specified it above, because he wants the mud to be consistent. That's understandable. I do the same, except on my mud we consistently use British. Some of my American staff members have actually started writing things like colour, armour and honour even while chatting. :grinning:
27 Jan, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 10th comment:
One of the muds I used to play for a long time was American English, then an English admin came along and things started sprouting U's and E's in places where they have no business!

But I digress :tongue:
07 Feb, 2009, Dean wrote in the 11th comment:
We've recently moved servers and can now be found here: site. The site is under construction for the time being, so you can connect directly to the forums here: forum.

Additionally I can be reached at this email address.

Cheers,
Dean
24 Jul, 2009, Dean wrote in the 12th comment:
Dragonball Advent Truth is a DBZ themed mud that is the next step in the evolution of Dragonball Truth. Instead of using DBX (which DBT was based on) or DBsaga codebases, we are running the latest CWG rasputin and taking it from stock and creating a hopefully unique DBZ mud. To get a sense of direction of where we are going: read this thread and to get an idea of what's been done in recent times: design notes

Builders

What we're looking for
- Comptency in using OLC in Cirlce/Rasputin
- Knowledge of DG scripts is plus but not a nessecity
- Intimate knowledge of DBZ is a plus but not a major nessecity. (Alot of which is been built hasn't actually been visually represented in any of the series so it provides alot of room for creativity)
- Ability to work in a team and independantly when required
- Good grasp of the English language (We use American English)

If you meet these criteria, then feel free to reply expressing interest in this thread, via PM to myself or Iovan (Owner/Coder of DBAT) on the DBAT Forum or emailing myself, pastdean@hotmail.com. Or drop in, in person via the connection details in my sig.

I'm also working out the details of a different pay offer than already posted in the thread which I'll post soon.

Thanks,
Dean.
28 Aug, 2009, Dean wrote in the 13th comment:
After much soul searching (and allowing the dust to settle on a few things :smirk:), here is my updated offer, which at this stage, will only have one open position.

- Payment of US$20 per completed zone, subject to a quality test.
- A zone in regards to this offer is defined as an area of 50-100 room vnums in size, plus associated mobiles, objects and triggers.
- All payments will made via paypal. This is non-negotiable.
- All work paid for will become property of the MUD (DBAT). Any uncompleted or unpaid for work will be removed at request of the builder.
- No areas copied from other MUDs. If this is found to be the case, the offending area will be removed immediately and the association terminated.

Applicants should be experienced builders in both OLC & DG scripts. HOWEVER
Experienced builders not familiar with CWG rasputin who are willing to learn OLC & DG scripts will also be considered.

Interested persons should either open a dialogue through this thread or by PMing me. Goes without saying, that this is a Mudbytes exclusive offer. :lol:

-Dean
29 Aug, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 14th comment:
Hmm, I like money… but I'm color-blind so I don't think I'd qualify :/
29 Aug, 2009, Dean wrote in the 15th comment:
Unicorn spew is your friend! :lol:

Seriously though, color challenged people are welcome.
0.0/15