01 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Due to the large number of people who have sent in complaints, Locke's privledges at Mudbytes have been suspended indefinitely. This is not a decision that was made lightly, but in the act of imposing penalties in accordance with our rules he attempted to react by circumventing restrictions in place.
01 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 2nd comment:
Well, as much as I don't like to be that way about people, the saying "good riddence to bad rubbish" comes to mind…
01 Oct, 2006, Justice wrote in the 3rd comment:
No complaints here… but you know my take on trouble.
01 Oct, 2006, Timbo wrote in the 4th comment:
Samson said:
he attempted to react by circumventing restrictions in place.

How surprising, he's such a well-behaved upstanding citizen everywhere else and one would never expect him to create fake personas to argue on his behalf.
01 Oct, 2006, KaVir wrote in the 5th comment:
Actually I'm rather surprised he's lasted this long. I was thinking just yesterday that this is the only forum I know of that'll put up with him…
01 Oct, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 6th comment:
I am glad that Samson finally did something about him. Thank you Samson :smile:
01 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 7th comment:
KaVir said:
Actually I'm rather surprised he's lasted this long. I was thinking just yesterday that this is the only forum I know of that'll put up with him…

I really think Samson was doing all he could to exercise restraint and ty not to banish him so he could avoid the inevitable cries of bad moderation (in much harsher terms, I assure you) over at TMC and possibly even from one or two here, but there's only so much blatently intentional abuse that any admin/moderator should ever have to tolerate, and Locke crossed that line about a couple of dozen posts before Samson threw in the towel. To me, that clearly demonstrates yet again that our faith was not at all misplaced in choosing Samson as our primary admin here, it just shows that he's willing to take more than most would in the name of keeping this site all that it can be but still also willing to take action when enough becomes enough.
01 Oct, 2006, Tijer wrote in the 8th comment:
Heh, did wonder why he was still allowed to post here… He did help me with a vi question about crontabs, but i guess he did like to cause a lot of trouble :P
01 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 9th comment:
Btw, on a off-topic issue, Tijer, your avatar has vanished, it's showing an Error block. :sad:

Now, back on topic, not all of Locke's posts were bad, as you point out, he did try to help with your crontab issue, and he did create a slew of polls, one or two of which were even interesting.. he also incited plenty of extra posting and probably attracted a bit of new attention to the search bots because of the extra activity level, he did add a mud listing and he did add at least a couple of new files to our repository (that were allowed).. but overall, I suspect we're better off without the excess negativity he was generating too.
01 Oct, 2006, Zeno wrote in the 10th comment:
lol Conner, that's not a missing avatar. :P It's something he selected.
01 Oct, 2006, Timbo wrote in the 11th comment:
Conner said:
Btw, on a off-topic issue, Tijer, your avatar has vanished, it's showing an Error block. :sad:

Click on it and look at it full sized, it's automatically resized when shown on this page to be too small to really read it very well. http://www.mudbytes.net/avatars/uploaded...
01 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 12th comment:
Oh, I see it now, Zeno, I hadn't bothered trying to open it separately to read what the Error message was. :rolleyes:
01 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 13th comment:
Timbo said:
Conner said:

Click on it and look at it full sized, it's automatically resized when shown on this page to be too small to really read it very well. http://www.mudbytes.net/avatars/uploaded...

Yeah, between laziness and trying to be helpful.. I guess I fell for it. *shrug*
02 Oct, 2006, Tyche wrote in the 14th comment:
Timbo said:
How surprising, he's such a well-behaved upstanding citizen everywhere else and one would never expect him to create fake personas to argue on his behalf.

Heh. I'm shocked I tell you. Shocked.
05 Oct, 2006, Tijer wrote in the 15th comment:
I know hes banned but ive noticed that his NiMUD banner is still on the rotation at the top of the screen. Might be an idea to remove that? and perhaps his listing if he still has it here….
05 Oct, 2006, KaVir wrote in the 16th comment:
tijer said:
I know hes banned but ive noticed that his NiMUD banner is still on the rotation at the top of the screen. Might be an idea to remove that? and perhaps his listing if he still has it here….

I'm not sure you need to go that far. He was annoying poster, but now his posting privilages have been revoked - that should be enough IMO. Problem solved.
05 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 17th comment:
Agreed. Problem solved. His banner and other submissions to the site ( that got accepted ) are still perfectly valid. There was no reason to delete those.
06 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 18th comment:
Actually, I can think of a pretty good reason not to delete his mud listing/banner and approved submissions. Samson restricted his posting privilages because of specific problems, going back and deleting his other, non-problem, submissions would be slapping him in the face and telling the mudding community that Samson was "out to get" Locke, which wasn't the case.
06 Oct, 2006, Brinson wrote in the 19th comment:
Sadly, sometimes professionalism means taking shit you shouldn't have to.
06 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 20th comment:
While that's certainly true enough, fortunately professionalism also means not having to do things to bring more of that upon yourself than you have to. :wink:
0.0/20