28 Dec, 2008, darkestjustice wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Samael here, from our Survival Horror MUD named, SILENT HILL: Path of Darkness and we are now ready to begin code creation! I'm looking for experienced coder(s) who are familiar with Diku>Merc>ROM so that we can get ready for beta. Building areas are underway easily and if performance is dedicated there will even be compensation for your work.

Here is our web-page: http://www.wix.com/RedPyramid/POD
Host: zeno.biyg.org
Port: 2666

As we are still in the development stage, our site and server are independent and once we are open for beta testing, I'll be buying our own slot for website space and everything. If you are interested in this kind of work, please send me an E-Mail at admin.shpod@gmail.com or send me a private message here with your experience and offer.
28 Dec, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 2nd comment:
What exactly do you mean by 'compensation'? Are you talking about some form of monetary payment? Just wondering, since it's fairly unusual to see something like that in posts.
28 Dec, 2008, Guest wrote in the 3rd comment:
I sense a great disturbance in the force. As if millions of worms leapt from their can and were suddenly silenced. I fear a legal argument is coming. *ducks*
28 Dec, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 4th comment:
Samson said:
As if millions of worms leapt from their can and were suddenly silenced.

I'd be a lot more worried if the worms leapt from their can and started hollering! :tongue:
28 Dec, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 5th comment:
<insert rant a la Cratylus, Kyle, etc here>
28 Dec, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 6th comment:
Zenn said:
<insert rant a la Cratylus, Kyle, etc here>

Who's Kyle?
29 Dec, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 7th comment:
Your alter-ego, I think, who apparently rants a lot. :wink:
29 Dec, 2008, quixadhal wrote in the 8th comment:
LOL, read the original post again. He isn't asking for compensation, he's OFFERING it. I don't think the Diku license prevents people from paying for builders/players/coders, only for charging them.
29 Dec, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 9th comment:
Kyle.. Kayle.. One letter typo. I mean, come on :thinking:

Anyway, Quixadhal, that's been discussed in other threads.

/* End Thread Hijacking Here */
29 Dec, 2008, darkestjustice wrote in the 10th comment:
Paying an experienced coder to make this MUD a reality is an option yes; however, I am first looking for someone dedicated to working for the other co-owner of the game who is rather picky; as well as extremely creative. I will be working on the coding aspect with a more experienced coder to get this going. Compensation can be in the form you wish, but keep in mind I put this up to find a coder first, then talk about salary.
29 Dec, 2008, RedPyramid wrote in the 11th comment:
Perhaps it would be a good idea to post a few of my ideas that we are trying to accomplish here:

Make new classes such as a trucker, cop, heroic classes (demon and angel), soldier.
Have the ability to fight with guns.
Create a nighttime description so that the environment shifts around the player.
Coding unique skills to accompany these classes.
A quest system.
Areas that have different riddles to get past mobs.
Creating a whole world from the Sony Playstation game, onto your computer screen.
Color that does NOT look childish.
Removing the Newbie Channel, OOC, and any other unnecessary channels.
Custom wholist, wizlist, and titles created to go with the advancement of levels.
Removing the title command from anyone who is not the heroic or immortal level.
Making it so that the level set for mortals is 1-100 with 101 being the hero level.

These obviously are maybe easy to an experienced coder, but they are large projects at hand. If you think you can tackle these, by all means get ahold of either me or darkestjustice.
29 Dec, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 12th comment:
darkestjustice said:
Compensation can be in the form you wish,

Really, if i apply can i be compensated in Google Stocks? Sorry Samael, i couldn't help myself.
29 Dec, 2008, quixadhal wrote in the 13th comment:
The_Fury said:
darkestjustice said:

Really, if i apply can i be compensated in Google Stocks? Sorry Samael, i couldn't help myself.

Thank goodness you don't have a dirty mind, like some people who might read this.
Not speaking of myself, of course… *cough*
29 Dec, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 14th comment:
quixadhal said:
The_Fury said:
darkestjustice said:

Thank goodness you don't have a dirty mind, like some people who might read this.
Not speaking of myself, of course… *cough*

HEH, my initial thought was to ask for man on man loving, but i decided that i would keep it G rated, just this time.
29 Dec, 2008, Tyche wrote in the 15th comment:
The_Fury said:
HEH, my initial thought was to ask for man on man loving, but i decided that i would keep it G rated, just this time.

Bugger that.
29 Dec, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 16th comment:
Tyche said:
The_Fury said:

Bugger that.

Wouldn't that be the point :wink:
29 Dec, 2008, darkestjustice wrote in the 17th comment:
:redface: That was not my intentions. We're talking monetary pay or if you just want a decked out character, whatever. I'm just looking for a serious coder to help out with what RedPyramid had talked about.
11 Jan, 2009, darkestjustice wrote in the 18th comment:
We continually have hits on our website asking if this mud is active, it's rather uninviting that I have to tell people we are still delving in code. If this idea of creating a world of rust and blood and looking into a very unique MUD, let me know by email. admin.shpod@gmail.com
11 Jan, 2009, Fizban wrote in the 19th comment:
darkestjustice said:
We continually have hits on our website asking if this mud is active, it's rather uninviting that I have to tell people we are still delving in code. If this idea of creating a world of rust and blood and looking into a very unique MUD, let me know by email. admin.shpod@gmail.com

At least it tells you you'll have a decent go at finding players once it is open most likely. I can definitely say most new MUDs today don't have players anticipating their opening.
11 Jan, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 20th comment:
Sadly, I'm very interested in helping out with this, but I just don't have the time to devote to it. =/ Betweeen the FUSS Project and my own Mud, and the Mudbytes IMC2 Network I just don't have any extra free time to spare.
0.0/20