09 Jan, 2009, The_Fury wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
http://www.dndadventure.com/dnda_mud.htm...

Take a look see at that link, i just got an email from the guy who runs the site that he has updated the page.
09 Jan, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 2nd comment:
So many MUDs out there, why was I selected first? :P
09 Jan, 2009, Hades_Kane wrote in the 3rd comment:
Zeno said:
So many MUDs out there, why was I selected first? :P

I don't know, but I was surprised to see End of Time on there :)

Definitely not complaining though :p
09 Jan, 2009, The_Fury wrote in the 4th comment:
@Zeno, no reason in particular, yours was one of the first games that came to mind as being professionally run and of a high quality. @Hades your game was put in there because of the same reasons, its high quality, run my mature people and could use a little free promotion to get it known.

I picked games that had small but consistent playerbases, with owners and staff that care about their games and are good enough to be in the top echelon of muds but are currently not, also they had to come from different themes and genera. As a side note, if anyone knows of other pages on sites that are out of date, let me know about them, i will contact the owners and see if they will let me give them some updated information.
11 Jan, 2009, Davion wrote in the 5th comment:
Eeek! We're on there too :).
11 Jan, 2009, Hades_Kane wrote in the 6th comment:
The_Fury said:
@Hades your game was put in there because of the same reasons, its high quality, run my mature people and could use a little free promotion to get it known.

Oh, thanks :)
11 Jan, 2009, Fizban wrote in the 7th comment:
They're biased towards MUDS whose staff are members of mudbytes I think… End of Time, BIYG, and 4 Dimensions and not much else :P Though much like you two, I'm not complaining and I'm sure Molly won't either.
11 Jan, 2009, Chris Bailey wrote in the 8th comment:
All mud developers should be members of mudbytes! =P
11 Jan, 2009, Skol wrote in the 9th comment:
Awesome!
I sent an email btw, great idea Fury! I just found a site to cruise for hundreds of hours it seems hehehe.

Ps. Do you have a banner link that we can out on our sites back to the DNDadventures site?
(I could just use the troll up top, btw loved those books those were awesome, gnomes in red hats all that hehehe).
12 Jan, 2009, The_Fury wrote in the 10th comment:
Fizban said:
They're biased towards MUDS whose staff are members of mudbytes I think… End of Time, BIYG, and 4 Dimensions and not much else :P Though much like you two, I'm not complaining and I'm sure Molly won't either.

Far from it, it would be about 50-50, 2 of those games were recommended to me by Cratylus and 1 other by someone on IMC. When i did not know of a game in a specific theme i asked people to recommend games. 4D was added because its a good game, if i took into consideration that you staffed on it, and my total disdain for your actions on TMC, then it would have never made the list. I showed no favor to anyone, from MB's or otherways.
12 Jan, 2009, Skol wrote in the 11th comment:
Another resource, since I saw all of the character sheets, Mad Irishman makes tons (really great quality) and they compute stats etc.
Pat's a great guy, we've known each other since like 96 I think.
Mad Irishman Productions Homepage - Char...
12 Jan, 2009, The_Fury wrote in the 12th comment:
Skol said:
Another resource, since I saw all of the character sheets, Mad Irishman makes tons (really great quality) and they compute stats etc.
Pat's a great guy, we've known each other since like 96 I think.
Mad Irishman Productions Homepage - Char...

You should get onto him and see if we can get a muds page to list a few games on as well as mudbytes. :)
12 Jan, 2009, Fizban wrote in the 13th comment:
The_Fury said:
Fizban said:

Far from it, it would be about 50-50, 2 of those games were recommended to me by Cratylus and 1 other by someone on IMC. When i did not know of a game in a specific theme i asked people to recommend games. 4D was added because its a good game, if i took into consideration that you staffed on it, and my total disdain for your actions on TMC, then it would have never made the list. I showed no favor to anyone, from MB's or otherways.

I'm lost, you're first post contained: "Take a look see at that link, i just got an email from the guy who runs the site that he has updated the page.". I had thought that he, ie. someone other than yourself, and the same person that had emailed you, was who had listed the MUDs on the site.
12 Jan, 2009, The_Fury wrote in the 14th comment:
Fizban said:
The_Fury said:
Fizban said:

I'm lost, you're first post contained: "Take a look see at that link, i just got an email from the guy who runs the site that he has updated the page.". I had thought that he, ie. someone other than yourself, and the same person that had emailed you, was who had listed the MUDs on the site.

No, i was searching for some information and came across that page which was hopelessly out of date, so i emailed the owner and asked him if he would like some updated information for the page with games that actually exist and are playable. I ripped the page code out, put it in a html editor and changed the data, sent it back to him. The games that went on there are ones i considered to be good, as well as recommendations from other which i checked out myself before putting them on there.

I also wanted diversity in theme and codebase, there is Rom, Smaug, Circle, LP in among those games, also Cratylus gave me a few LP links to try only one made it into the list, so i stand corrected on my statement above.
27 Jan, 2009, Skol wrote in the 15th comment:
Hm, I emailed the DND page about adding Ansalon (as it's one of the old ones, still actively developing and has great history/rp/players etc), no reply at all.

Our game is another such MUD, established in 1996. Free game with
hundreds of areas to explore, multi-thousands of mobs (monsters) to
find/fight, thousands of items of equipment. Fishing with 100+ fish
species, hooks, baits, lines, poles etc. We're currently delving into
crafting, with quill pens from feathers being the first.

I'd seen that you'd listed a few free MUD games and would love to be
on the list. I'd happily put a link on our homepage back to the main
site as well.

The game is well set up for role-players with stories posting to the
online library in your 'book'.
http://www.ansalonmud.com/new/stories.ph... Thousands of stories.

Party play is encouraged with an extra 10% exp bonus per player
character in the group with a maximum of 100% bonus with 10 (or more)
players.

The game also gives back to the MUD community with very comprehensive
building guides (both standard building and mob programming), as well
as the Rom Area Sanctuary, a resource for area files for the new MUD
implementor.

Thanks, I hope you'll consider adding our listing. If you have a
banner/icon I'd love to put a link back.

Mud Info:
Name:AnsalonMUD
Host:ansalonmud.com
Theme: Dragonlance D&D
Port: 8679

Dave/Skol & Zivilyn (owner/implementor/builder/hat wearer of Ansalon)

Zivilyn

Your home for Dragonlance Role playing.
Explore the world, slay the dragon, fight the good fight.
Ansalon, the world of Dragonlance awaits.

_ __,—-'———`—–.__
. . `//====- ____,-'-`
-. \_|// . /||\\ `—-`—.___./
______-==. _–o `\/ ||| \\ _,'`
__,–' ,=='||\=_ ;_,_,/ _-'|- |`\ \\ ,'
' ,=' | \\`. '',/-7 /- / || `\. /
,' | \\ \_ " / /- / || \ /
__ / | \\.`-_/ /|- _/ ,|| \ /
`-|–'–`–_ \ `==-/ `| \'–===-' _/`
' `-| /| )-'\-' _,–"'
'–^\_/ | | `\_ ,^ /\
/ \ \__ \/- `\__