01 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
01 Oct, 2006, Davion wrote in the 2nd comment:
This is actually one of our things todo! I'm not all to sure how we're going to handle it though. So far it's all leaning to either some AJAX or a Java Applet. Nothing has been put to works, so if any one wants to send something our way to look at as an alternative, I believe my IM links are somewhere, if not, PM away ;)
01 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 3rd comment:
Java is lame because it requires the Java platform.
I suggest Flash because its more widespread and downloads quicker.
01 Oct, 2006, Davion wrote in the 4th comment:
I actually don't use Flash… ever :) So I don't know if we'll lean that way. Besides, this seems like a perfect opertunity to either play with Java or toy around with Turbo Gears
01 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 5th comment:
Why not offer both a Flash and a Java applet since I use neither.
01 Oct, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 6th comment:
I know that in Firefox on Linux flash causes it to crash. :(
01 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 7th comment:
Try tinyfugue if you're on linux.

Wouldn't tf://mudaddy.com:port be neat.
01 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 8th comment:
I'm in favor of the idea, though I prefer a java client myself for the simple expedient that I've seen the one on Kydig's site in the past work very nicely on a multitude of platforms for a variety of people.
01 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 9th comment:
locke said:
Try tinyfugue if you're on linux.

Wouldn't tf://mudaddy.com:port be neat.

How will downloading and installing a mudclient help resolve linux based Firefox from having freeze/crash issues with flash/shockwave?
01 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 10th comment:
You truly are special aren't you. :stare:
01 Oct, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 11th comment:
Certainly loved by more here then you are.
01 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 12th comment:
Ok, lets not let Locke start dragging us all down to his level. :)

I'm in favor of the idea, and would lean heavily toward Java as it is pretty much universally available to people. Flash has some stability problems on some platforms and is often used by scumbag advertisers to get around pop-up blockers and ad filters. So as a result of that not everyone installs it.
01 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 13th comment:
I don't think this is about love, I'm afraid. It's about muds, thus the name, MudBytes.net

Why I would want a bunch of men to love me is beyond me anyway.. I much prefer the love and company of women.
01 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 14th comment:
Samson said:
Ok, lets not let Locke start dragging us all down to his level. :)

I'm in favor of the idea, and would lean heavily toward Java as it is pretty much universally available to people. Flash has some stability problems on some platforms and is often used by scumbag advertisers to get around pop-up blockers and ad filters. So as a result of that not everyone installs it.

You've got my vote on this. I think Java's generally easier to impliment, works well, and works on most platforms.
01 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 15th comment:
I think its easier to implement a Shockwave mud applet, and so I have, it's at:
(Link removed in accordance with Rule 5)
01 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 16th comment:
locke said:
I don't think this is about love, I'm afraid. It's about muds, thus the name, MudBytes.net

Why I would want a bunch of men to love me is beyond me anyway.. I much prefer the love and company of women.

Did you just run out of on-topic material to post? Is that why you've suddenly deteriorated to posts about sexual innuendo?

I don't see how your comment about my being special has anything to do with muds either, in fact, it seems far more like a lame attempt at a personal attack. *shrug*
01 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 17th comment:
Freedom of speech, not sexual innuendo. Someone asked for an example of rudeness and I chose what I chose.
01 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 18th comment:
In two separate threads?

And, I read her post and didn't see her having asked for an example of rudeness, just her saying that she felt your post was rude.
02 Oct, 2006, Justice wrote in the 19th comment:
locke said:
Freedom of speech, not sexual innuendo. Someone asked for an example of rudeness and I chose what I chose.

Some would say that you've been providing non-stop examples since you showed up here. I wouldn't be that nice.
02 Oct, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 20th comment:
I have only one worry with providing a client from the site, and that would be users' hostnames showing up as mudbytes.net when using it. I've seen that sort of thing available before, and seen it abused more than I've seen it go unabused…
0.0/33