24 Dec, 2008, Brinson wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I have an Acer Aspire One with linpus. Tinyfugue is in the repositories and I'd prefer install from there than trying to install another client for which I will have to search for dependencies.

I really like tinyfugue, but storing sent commands in the command buffer until I hit backspace is kind of important to me…

Can it be done in Tinyfugue?
24 Dec, 2008, Shigs wrote in the 2nd comment:
tf already supports a full command history.

The script on this page, will offer you a bit of functionality to interface with that.

http://www.chaoticmux.org/~kareila/TF/
24 Dec, 2008, Brinson wrote in the 3rd comment:
I don't seem to have any command history in TF…do I have to active it with a command?
25 Dec, 2008, quixadhal wrote in the 4th comment:
The default key bindings are evil emacs-style ctrl-b and ctrl-n for back and next.

I added these to my .tfrc file:

;;; Arrow keys
/def -ib'^;;; Arrow keys
/def -ib'^[OA' = /DOKEY RECALLB
/def -ib'^[OB' = /DOKEY RECALLF[/quote]
26 Dec, 2008, Brinson wrote in the 5th comment:
Haha, that is evil.

Does anyone know if TF can be configured to keep the last sent command in the output so if you spam enter it enters that command over and over?
26 Dec, 2008, Tricky wrote in the 6th comment:
/repeat -S 20 <spam command>

Sends out the spam command 20 times in one go.

/repeat -2 20 <spam command>

Sends out the spam command 20 times with a 2 second delay in between each send.

Look at /help repeat for an overview of the /repeat command.

Tricky
26 Dec, 2008, Brinson wrote in the 7th comment:
Yeah, I found that…but its not what I want.

I want -every- command to be autorepeatable by default simply by hitting enter.

Say I am playing, and I am going east, in TF I have to hit keys, e;enter;e;enter;e;enter, whereas in all my other clients, with the keep sent command option, I just type e;enter;enter, three key hits whereas the first one was 6, and "/repeat 3 e" is more than both…

Can it not do this? I've never encountered a client that can't keep your last command in the buffer ready to be hit again. I just assumed it was something all clients can do.
26 Dec, 2008, Tricky wrote in the 8th comment:
In the tf-lib directory you will find spedwalk.tf (maybe speedwalk.tf in *nix), just place this in your .tfrc config file…
/eval /load spedwalk.tf

Then type /speedwalk to activate it. You can then use 3e to walk east 3 times in one go. ne3ses will walk north, east, south, south, south, east, south in one go. Unfortunately you can't use ne for north-east and so on with this method.

Tricky
27 Dec, 2008, quixadhal wrote in the 9th comment:
Heh, I've never seen a client that would do what you describe. That would have gotten me killed on MANY occasions! :)

I don't know if tf has a command version of what the enter key does (IE: send the contents of the buffer + a CRLF), but if it does, you could rebind the enter key to do RECALLB and then whatever that enter function is, but only if the buffer is currently empty.
27 Dec, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 10th comment:
You've never seen that? Have you been living under a rock? :P

MUSHclient has it, pretty sure zMUD has it.
04 Jan, 2009, Brinson wrote in the 11th comment:
I've used dozens and dozens of clients…far too many to count, and this is the first client I've ever found that doesn't do it…

And its an important feature to me, without which I find the client unusable. Sad, as I liked everything else about it.

On the mud I play, chasing is very important. The different between:

n;enter;n;enter;n;enter;n;enter
and

n;enter;enter;enter;enter

Is the difference between 8 and 5 keystrokes for the same result, which is the difference between winning and losing a pk.
04 Jan, 2009, quixadhal wrote in the 12th comment:
Zeno said:
You've never seen that? Have you been living under a rock? :P

MUSHclient has it, pretty sure zMUD has it.

/usr/bin/telnet doesn't have it, nor does tinyfugue, nor tintin. I've never used or felt the need for any fancy GUI-based clients. :P

Brinson said:
On the mud I play, chasing is very important. The different between:

n;enter;n;enter;n;enter;n;enter
and

n;enter;enter;enter;enter

Is the difference between 8 and 5 keystrokes for the same result, which is the difference between winning and losing a pk.

Hmmm, I wonder how I managed to PK back in the 90's then, when the typical MUD client was not only plain telnet, but quite often telnet connected via a 2400 baud modem? I don't seem to remember it being unplayable, in fact line noise often played a much larger role than having a few extra keystrokes. When a blue jay landed on your phone wires and turned "backstab Brinson" into "backst3278^$#*on", THAT would get you killed.

Then again, most of the PK muds I played on emphasized strategy over twitch-reaction times. There were no one-hit instant kills, so if you missed the opening shot it became a contest of how much better you were at turning the tables. Killing someone when you have the advantage is boring, killing someone who jumped you and is higher level than you is fun. :)
04 Jan, 2009, Sandi wrote in the 13th comment:
quixadhal said:
The default key bindings are evil emacs-style ctrl-b and ctrl-n for back and next.

Been a while, but I thought tf used ctrl-p?

For chasing, I use the numeric keypad, with the 5 key bound to 'south' and 'up' and 'down on the 3 and 9 (no extra directions on my mud). That leaves my left hand free to hit macros.
04 Jan, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 14th comment:
quixadhal said:
/usr/bin/telnet doesn't have it, nor does tinyfugue, nor tintin. I've never used or felt the need for any fancy GUI-based clients. :P

I dunno, sounds like those fancy screen-oriented clients are lacking a pretty important feature then. :P
04 Jan, 2009, Brinson wrote in the 15th comment:
quixadhal said:
Hmmm, I wonder how I managed to PK back in the 90's then, when the typical MUD client was not only plain telnet, but quite often telnet connected via a 2400 baud modem? I don't seem to remember it being unplayable, in fact line noise often played a much larger role than having a few extra keystrokes. When a blue jay landed on your phone wires and turned "backstab Brinson" into "backst3278^$#*on", THAT would get you killed.

Then again, most of the PK muds I played on emphasized strategy over twitch-reaction times. There were no one-hit instant kills, so if you missed the opening shot it became a contest of how much better you were at turning the tables. Killing someone when you have the advantage is boring, killing someone who jumped you and is higher level than you is fun. :)

Of course, when everyone else is only a slow connection using telnet, there is no difference. But when you are chasing someone who us running from you with low hp, and they run 50 rooms with 50 keystrokes, and it takes you nearly 100, there is a definite difference in how fast you can catch up with them.
04 Jan, 2009, quixadhal wrote in the 16th comment:
Perhaps, but then again, if they get more than 2 rooms ahead of you, you've already lost them… unless they're dumb enough to go in a straight line. It's more useful to know where they're likely to go, rather than trying to just keep on their tail.

If you're really that concerned about reaction times, you can always set up triggers in tinyfugue anyways, if the target goes out an exit, issue a command to go through that same exit as a trigger.

This works, unless they move really really fast (if they've moved before the output catches up, you won't see them leave again)

/def follow = /def -mregexp -p2 -t"%{1} leaves ([a-z]*)" do_follow = %%P1

Having said THAT, you can always just grab the source to tinyfugue and hack it. I can't imagine it would be too difficult to make sending an empty line instead send the last entry in the history buffer. If you made the behaviour settable via a toggle, it'd probably be pretty handy to have around.
0.0/16