26 Dec, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
Incidentally the problems have been explained already; was there something that wasn't clear in those? It's very important to understand the concepts involved, so if you don't know what format args are, or what number signs are, it's better to ask earlier rather than later.
26 Dec, 2008, Davion wrote in the 22nd comment:
Igabod said:
btw, have you checked your other thread yet? I think cratylus told you how to fix one of the problems with a size_t or something like that. There may also be another fix in there as well from somebody else but I wasn't reading it that intently.

*sniff*
26 Dec, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 23rd comment:
LOL right as soon as davion posts a video its no longer available??

[edit] and then he removes it immediately… so this post is really just pointless.
26 Dec, 2008, Venrexx wrote in the 24th comment:
Goddamn you were right. He did show how to fix a few of the issues. Ok from now on I do one thing… Open my freakin eyes >.<
Davion said:
Igabod said:
btw, have you checked your other thread yet? I think cratylus told you how to fix one of the problems with a size_t or something like that. There may also be another fix in there as well from somebody else but I wasn't reading it that intently.

*sniff*
26 Dec, 2008, Venrexx wrote in the 25th comment:
Ok so the only 1 I need help with now (I think) is this one.

grub.c:23: warning: conflicting types for built-in function 'trunc'
Pastebin link to grub.c:
http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=past...
26 Dec, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 26th comment:
Err, umm, well, please see post 2.
26 Dec, 2008, Venrexx wrote in the 27th comment:
So by the below quote, you mean thats omeone remade this, added it into the code and named it the exact same thing and I should either rename it, or remove one of them?
DavidHaley said:
Differing types for a built-in means that somebody has redefined the function; the compiler gets unhappy when you do that. It should suffice to rename the redefinition in addition to all uses of it. Better yet, see how the redefinition differs from the built-in.
26 Dec, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 28th comment:
Yes, that's correct. You can't remove the built-in function, though.

BTW, typically quotes go above your reply. Here is why:

A: No.
Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?
26 Dec, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 29th comment:
rename it and replace every instance of it in your code with something else. You can make it trunk instead of trunc if you want, something that isn't already used. I don't really understand why someone would put it in the code like that to begin with but whatever. In my code I had the same problem but with logf so I changed it to logprintf and that works fine. First thing you need to do is change the reference to that in your main header file. In most diku based muds it's merc.h but it may be something else in smaug, I can't remember. After that you'll wanna grep for it. You grep for it after changing the header file cause if you don't you'll get a result for every file that has #include <your header file> in it. Now, once you have all the results for the grep just change all those and then do a clean make and you're good.
26 Dec, 2008, Venrexx wrote in the 30th comment:
WOW!! Thank you SO much!! all this help has made my compile 100% CLEAN!! THANK YOU!!!
26 Dec, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 31st comment:
I said:
It should suffice to rename the redefinition in addition to all uses of it

(emphasis added)

Don't do just the ones in grub.c, you need to look at them all…
26 Dec, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 32nd comment:
Venrexx said:
WOW!! Thank you SO much!! all this help has made my compile 100% CLEAN!! THANK YOU!!!

I do what I can. Glad we could be of some help. Now that you're compiling clean you get to focus on the real bugs. I'd check out smaugmuds.org to find a list of all known smaug bugs. Since you're using a different version of it than the smaugfuss you'll need that bug list. Don't let it overwhelm you though, just take it one bug at a time.
26 Dec, 2008, Venrexx wrote in the 33rd comment:
Thank you again so much, I will look into that site and I will follow what you say and do them 1 at a time.
20.0/33