20 Dec, 2008, Venrexx wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hey all I have a question, some of you may find this very easy and some may not. I am using a modified smaug codebase and have the plans to turn it into a Dragonball Z/ Naruto themed mud. Problem is I want to change race types, abilities and completely take out fusions. Is there any easy ways to do all this or can someone list some steps to help me out? Any help is appreciated, thanks.
20 Dec, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 2nd comment:
abilities

That's .. a pretty wide question. Details?
20 Dec, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 3rd comment:
My first suggestion would be to check out www.smaugmuds.org and see if anybody there can help you out or point you to some documentation. My next suggestion would be to give more details as to exactly what it is that you need help with. If you don't know exactly what you need help with then I would suggest you figure that out cause we can't answer any questions if even you don't know what you're asking. I'm pretty sure someone on here will know how to help you but I'd still suggest looking into smaugmuds.org anyway cause there are some people there that don't frequent this forum and they are all smaug specialized coders whereas here you've got a wide range of coders.
20 Dec, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 4th comment:
http://www.cs.utk.edu/~london/smaug/ <— this website will explain to you one method of adding in new races among other things into a smaug based mud, it will also show you how to make new skills, spells, herbs, languages, guilds and many other things.
24 Dec, 2008, Venrexx wrote in the 5th comment:
-Well by what I mean is I want to take out Dragonball races and add in races from other categories such as naruto style races.
-Secondly I wish to change the abilities in the game from the stock DBS abilities to something more custom.
-Also I want to remove the fusions added by DBS (such as saiyan + halfbreed = saiyan-h), I don't want fusions like that I just want it to add the powerlevels together not the race types and I dont want it creating that new race when it DOES fuse.
24 Dec, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 6th comment:
Again, i will point you to the same website, it tells you how to make races and classes, how to make skills and spells, how to add them to a class etc.
25 Dec, 2008, Venrexx wrote in the 7th comment:
Ok so that website answers one of my questions, it does NOT however tell me how to change or add in new skills. By add in I mean where I need to add the skills in the code, after coding it in, to make it available in game.
ALSO it does NOT tell me how to remove fusions from the game, this is a feature that was added for DBS and I want it gone.
25 Dec, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 8th comment:
I just looked at that website and it does in fact tell how to add skills/spells. You're right about it not telling how to remove fusions but you're likely not going to find a website that does. I'd help ya if I knew anything at all about that codebase but I'm not a dragonballz fan, never have been, never will be. Anyway, take a look at that site again and you'll find some of the info you need.
25 Dec, 2008, Venrexx wrote in the 9th comment:
I found all the info I could get from it but my codebase is a modified SMAUG codebase and generally websites will not offer even close to enough information as to what I am looking for or requiring. This is why I am asking here, hoping that anyone might now how to help me, I am willing to show people my mud so they can see what I am talking about first person(no shell access unless I deem necissary of course). The main thing is the fusions, I know how to "change" races and that can atleast replace races that I don't want but I do not know how to remove fusions as it is a custom code and has been added all over the damn place in the code. Again any help would be appreciated.
0.0/9