05 Dec, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
This is the discussion thread for An_Interview_With_Davion.
05 Dec, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 2nd comment:
Somewhat confusing as to why these will be an article? Anyone can edit them, wouldn't it be better in a post?
05 Dec, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 3rd comment:
Zeno said:
Somewhat confusing as to why these will be an article? Anyone can edit them, wouldn't it be better in a post?

Interesting question, my actual aim is to have these posted to a number of games sites, article sites and the like to give games a little free publicity and hopefully some new players. I posted them in the articles section here to increase the amount of content and so that they are always visible, as the places where they will be posted other ways will not keep them for indefinite periods of time. 3 or 4 weeks and they get so buried that no one will really see them. Spacing out the submissions will mean that there will be a steady flow of exposure, to for example your game, as well as this site to promote muds in general.

I did not know that anyone can edit the articles here, maybe there is a lock mechignism that can be placed on them so that these cannot be edited by anyone once i post them. I asked about 50 people so far to contribute so far, as i would like to submit 1 active game per week to the various sites i have listed.
05 Dec, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 4th comment:
mechignism

That's so creative it's almost worth a prize or something! :tongue: (hehe, sorry about that, it's just that normally misspellings are simpler than the original word)
05 Dec, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 5th comment:
The_Fury: Can you tell us about your current text mud project?

Davion: I don't have on really. I work mainly on MudBytes now, and try to keep that thing floating :D. I do

thought i'd point out a typo, "I don't have on really." should be "I don't have one really." i only mention this minor typo cause this is going to be seen by people we want to get interested in mudding and it can be corrected easily.

[edit to add]
found this one too.

The_Fury:Where do you see the future of text gaming going over the next 5 to 10 years?

Davion: It's really hard to say. I'd be most are expecting people to start chiseling out a tomb stone dated for

I'd be most… should be I'd bet most… i think.
05 Dec, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 6th comment:
DavidHaley said:
mechignism

That's so creative it's almost worth a prize or something! :tongue: (hehe, sorry about that, it's just that normally misspellings are simpler than the original word)

Thanks David, now that your done picking on me spellers, could you take the time to read your email and reply to my questions. :) Oh cna can you pass it on to Nick Gammon as well, I would like to have his take on things and i do not know how to get in contact with him other than posting on his website and any other notable people that you have regular contact with.
05 Dec, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 7th comment:
Yes yes, I will reply to it, probably over this weekend. :smile: And the only reason I mentioned the above was that I found the mistake to be a clever one. :wink:

Have you tried emailing Nick using his forums built-in email-via-forum feature? If that doesn't work for you, sure, I can pass it on to him.
05 Dec, 2008, Davion wrote in the 8th comment:
Zeno said:

I can protect articles from editing to prevent people from toying with them :D… of course, after I fix a typo :D
05 Dec, 2008, Dean wrote in the 9th comment:
*Dumb question alert* How do I view these articles? I went through every option I could see and could only read them by going into edit mode. :sad:

They were good reads by the way but if I might make a suggestion; mudgamers might be a good location for them to be viewed (among other sites you already had in mind)
05 Dec, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 10th comment:
You click the link in the first post to read it. o.o
05 Dec, 2008, Dean wrote in the 11th comment:
Yes, I see it now. Apparently my browser loves me so much I have to scroll right for a good minute till I can see it.
05 Dec, 2008, Fizban wrote in the 12th comment:
Dean said:
*Dumb question alert* How do I view these articles? I went through every option I could see and could only read them by going into edit mode. :sad:

They were good reads by the way but if I might make a suggestion; mudgamers might be a good location for them to be viewed (among other sites you already had in mind)

Mudgamers is more or less, well, dead.

PS: I found a few typos in Davion's as well but just edited them myself, but so you can edit them before posting on other sites if you wish they were:

waisted -> wasted

todays -> today's
05 Dec, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 13th comment:
Yeah, MudGamers is pretty much dead. The owner has stated:
However given the overall lack of interest I am not planning on devoting any time to the site for the forseeable future so for now the default ratings system will have to suffice.
05 Dec, 2008, Dean wrote in the 14th comment:
Yeah, I know mudgamers is pretty much well dead. But I'm trying to revive it (in other words try and get Orrin's attention back toward the site :wink:) one post at a time. :lol:
05 Dec, 2008, Fizban wrote in the 15th comment:
Dean said:
Yeah, I know mudgamers is pretty much well dead. But I'm trying to revive it (in other words try and get Orrin's attention back toward the site :wink:) one post at a time. :lol:

Pretty sure that's futile, I haven't even seen him post on the forum in quite some time so he likely doesn't even read them any longer.
05 Dec, 2008, Davion wrote in the 16th comment:
Typo's… *sigh*. That's what I get for answering questions while seeing pink elephants :S *fixes frantically*
05 Dec, 2008, Dean wrote in the 17th comment:
Fizban said:
Dean said:

Pretty sure that's futile, I haven't even seen him post on the forum in quite some time so he likely doesn't even read them any longer.

Futile it may be, but way too much free time I do have.
05 Dec, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 18th comment:
Isn't Mudgamers a site that was launched really quite recently?
05 Dec, 2008, Orrin wrote in the 19th comment:
Fizban said:

My last post there was on the 3rd December and of course I still read my own forums. Clearly more often than you.

I don't have the time to push the site right now but it's still there as a resource for anyone who wants to list their game or use the forums for discussion.
05 Dec, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 20th comment:
Orrin said:
I don't have the time to push the site right now but it's still there as a resource for anyone who wants to list their game or use the forums for discussion.

That's almost contradictory. Unfortunately, a site that doesn't have its owner/operator's support and time behind it is a lame duck of sorts. It's hard to invest time committing to a site/community whose future is uncertain.
0.0/21